Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted Would love some feedback! :)

Stardust*

I would love some constructive feedback for my two most recent drawings. 

First we have one of my OC's Autumn. I tried a newer hair technique and tried to make her a bit fuzzy. 

post-34724-0-74291300-1464040594_thumb.jpg

Next is a rough sketch of a more realistic style. I know I need some work on the faces. 

post-34724-0-68628300-1464040677_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 3

I cant really give any professional feedback, but... i really love your drawing Style in the first Picture.

Reminds me of Disney a little bit.

And the second Image also looks nice.  :fluttershy:

...yeah...im really not good, at writing detailed feedback...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Autumn is really cute. I like the way you did her hair. It seems to me that a carefree deer would have a slightly disheveled, yet adorable hairdo. The pencil sketch is lovely too. You did well with the lines hinting at musculature. 

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

You've got a really fantastic start with these, actually. Your second drawing shows that you're really working to understand the anatomy that you're simplifying to reach a more mlp-esque style. The only major concern I have with your first drawing that might negatively effect your future work is that the eyes aren't proportioned. Her right eye is much larger than her left, making her look sort of lopsided. 

• Brohoof 1

This is a sketch I just finished, working on a request. I did a lot more to get the eyes right and trying to draw properly lol. Wasn't really using the "skeletons" before. But this was 100x easier with doing that. The male pony is wearing a hoodie, it is somewhat hard to tell, but that is why he has weird markings on his hooves and the "growth" on his back. 

post-34724-0-79023900-1464052591_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

This is a sketch I just finished, working on a request. I did a lot more to get the eyes right and trying to draw properly lol. Wasn't really using the "skeletons" before. But this was 100x easier with doing that. The male pony is wearing a hoodie, it is somewhat hard to tell, but that is why he has weird markings on his hooves and the "growth" on his back. 

attachicon.gifhavenrequest1.jpg

You did a good job keeping track of the eyes this time around c: Good job! You may want to bring the stomach in some on the female character, but otherwise you're learning super fast.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Tealeaf,

I would, but the person who requested this wanted the female to be a little chubby. :kindness:

Edit: although, I will probably fix it a little bit towards the arm. 

Edited by Stardust*

@@Tealeaf,

I would, but the person who requested this wanted the female to be a little chubby. :kindness:

That's reasonable c: You can see it in the face as well so it isn't too offputting. Just make sure the neck and chest/stomach lines match up.

• Brohoof 1

Here is the progress so far. I feel like the mare's tail needs just a touch more work. But I am very pleased with it so far. Any suggestions? 

post-34724-0-55265400-1464332795_thumb.png

I would love to get some opinions on my most recent piece. I tried many new techniques to shading the eyes, to a new technique with the hair. I did a bit more shading and highlighting on the body. I am pretty pleased with it. 

post-34724-0-73796900-1465518867_thumb.jpg