Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Franklin3241

(edited)

Hello, everypony. Bo Cherry/Strat Attack here. I have a new song here for you all.

Earlier today, I was wondering how Spike would feel if he ever left Twilight and how he would cope with moving on in his life. This track is basically a soundtrack to that concept. This track has (digital) piano, strings, and bass from the 4beats iPad app.

I like to think of this song as an auditory look into Spike's thought process after he leaves Twilight. He keeps thinking back to all the good times (the first little melody we hear in the track) but is determined to move forward (the weary but strong second piano melody we hear).

I sincerely hope you all enjoy it, and if you like what you hear, feel free to check out my other tracks on pony.fm, YouTube, and SoundCloud.

Thanks for listening and have a good day!

Bo

https://pony.fm/tracks/21816-onward

Edited by Strat

Ok. 

It's a nice song. 

However, in terms of chords you were limiting yourself to the i and the iv (knowing this piece is in the key of d minor), even though you had a moving bass line following the roots or inversions of the current chord. 

Here are some suggestions for progressions:

i-III-IV-V

i-VII-VI-V

VI-iv-i-V

III-VI-i-V

There are many more suggestions. 

In terms of sounds and effects, some reverb could've been used on the piano. It just sounded too shallow for the mood this piece was trying to convey. That little vocal sound effect could've been moved down an octave and it's attack adjusted to give it more a pad-like feel. Also, that plucked bass could've been minimized to only one pluck per bar, plus some reverb to give it a sort of fat and porky pad sound. 

All in all, this piece had some good ideas, but they weren't fleshed out enough. I'm here if you need help.