Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fighting game with OCs

Gamer_KM

An idea of a fighting game kinda bounced into my head awhile back. It would play Kinda like fighting is magic, or maybe Marvel vs Capcom.(Probably will turn out more like smash bros. tbh) Anyway, Instead of canon ponies, It would use OCs from around the fandom. (Plus a few of my own and anyone who wants to help.) Would anyone here Play it? Maybe help me make it?

I plan to code it in Multimedia fusion 2.

Right now what I have for OCs are(This is concept, and have yet to ask anyone for usage yet)

LittlePip(Fallout Equestira)

BlackJack(FO:E Project horizons)

Nyx(Past sins)

Mary Sue(One of My OCs

AnonFilly(4chan)

Gizmo(My other OC)

Fluffle Puff(Fluffle puff)

Locations so far:

Wasteland(FO:E}.

Nightmare Castle(Pastsins)

Harmony castle(*COugh*Twilgiht's castle).

Tinker's clockwork shop.

Main threader one(Rainbow factory).

• Brohoof 8

Well, I'm going to school for software development and database design, etc. I finished the school year with satisfying grades and have almost four months of free time now.

I'd be willing to work with you on it.

• Brohoof 2

Hey @@Gamer_KM!

As the thread is discussing your game project and requesting help for it, it's being moved to the Pony Games, Apps, and Dev Projects section.

Have a nice day, and good luck with it!

Well, I would like too include my OC Red Star in there as well, and maybe some other OC's if they so like. Like Mesme Rize (owned by Hypnosparkle) as well as Boltblood Thundercloud & Ruby Redscales (owned by Jamiboi on DeviantArt)

Do you have permission from the creators of the characters/places?

Ummmm well....Answer to that question, is in the Opening post.....

Right now what I have for OCs are(This is concept, and have yet to ask anyone for usage yet)

Y'know what?  This sounds like a pretty cool idea; I'd like to offer a hoof, if that's all right?

First, I'd be happy to offer you any VA work you might need - no charge, except my own copy of the game when it's done.

And second, I would be MORE than happy to offer up some OCs for your game - if you're interested, PM me and we can talk.

Thank you for your time.  *bows*

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

You still doing this? Because I'm certainly still interested! I need a nice project over the summer to hone my programming skills.

EDIT: I am reading the manual for Multimedia Fusion 2, and I feel like I am cheating using something you don't have to code with. Well, we still need a good artist who will make the animated pony sprites for us.

Edited by Windseeker

I want my OC Smart Shine in it

I would like my OC, Bright Voice, to be featured. Is that OK?

Sure! Just show me what they look like and all that fun stuff.

Of course, whilst Multimedia Fusion 2 actually really easy to work with, I'd still need some lovely ponies to help make the sprites. I think I got an idea of who to get.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

With all these people wanting their OCs in the game, wouldn't it better if you added a "Modded" experience? Give out a template to edit so people can change the files for their OCs. Sure, the move sets will be a bit harder to decide, but you could update the game with more unused moves only the community could access and the people can edit the moves how they please. It probably won't be able to enter tourneys with mods enabled, but you could still have that basic set of OCs.

• Brohoof 1

Would be awesome if you could make it so you can make your own OC character in-game from presets and then choose their moves ^-^

That way ANYPONY can fight with their own OCs ;) ... or at least as close as they can get from just presets :lol: