Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fighting game with OCs

Gamer_KM

Well.... we aren't lacking OCs, that's for sure. However, the lead developer ran for the hills months ago when I signed up to help him. Fear not, I am taking charge of this project and I am currently going to school for software development; as of the moment I am learning JavaScript, databases, and SQL and I am eager to do it too.

I am basically back at square one though, I'll need to find a suitable game engine other than Multimedia Fusion 2. Other than that, I will need artists and musicians; people who can make 2D/3D sprites and supply music in possibly ogg files.

If you think you can help me in anyway in this, message me!!

• Brohoof 1

With all these people wanting their OCs in the game, wouldn't it better if you added a "Modded" experience? Give out a template to edit so people can change the files for their OCs. Sure, the move sets will be a bit harder to decide, but you could update the game with more unused moves only the community could access and the people can edit the moves how they please. It probably won't be able to enter tourneys with mods enabled, but you could still have that basic set of OCs.

People who have experience in tweaking such things are free to do so, but I am sticking to a pre-added list of original characters.

Also, I made up my mind and am going with the MUGEN game engine, which is rather simple for people to alter and oddly enough, is open for expansion. I still need a team before I can do anything, somebody who knows how make music and sprites is greatly welcomed.

What...I am still here, 

Also looking at Fighting maker 2d if you want, it's what fighting is magic was programmed in

I think it's best if we stick to MUGEN, it would provide a different feel from Fighting is Magic.That and it's simple and very versatile, perfect as a starter project for a small team.

I just need artists.... :/

• Brohoof 1

Can my OC Ginger Lightning be added as a background character? like in street fighter where on certain maps have baground characters.

and can my other OC Nameless Blossom be a fighter?

links in signature.

Edited by GingerLightning

How about adding my O.C Eternal Flames. He can actually channel fire using his own will. If he has an ultimate attack, his fire powers become strong enough to the point where he soars in the air as a phoenix and crash down onto the opponent with blazing speed.

post-38374-0-06667000-1473300552_thumb.jpg

Edited by IsraelYabuki

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like this idea a lot if you need another OC mine is fine to use and I don't know  if I can help with the game at all I haven't really done any programing in years (I think the last time I did it was 2010) that really was only doing Web mastering.

• 4 weeks later...

If you need a female VA, i'm here!  Also got some cutie pie OC's if you need as well. (by the looks of it, you've got plenty of people willing to help with that. LOL)

Dude, I would play this SO MUCH! I already play Project M every day.

Can I put my OC Emerald Star in this, too? I'll help you with making this too if you want. I've played tons of fighting games, I'm practically a master.

I think it's best if we stick to MUGEN, it would provide a different feel from Fighting is Magic.That and it's simple and very versatile, perfect as a starter project for a small team.

I just need artists.... :/

Hey, Mugen can be awesome! It has Twilight, and DUDE HOW BUCKING AWESOME WOULD IT BE IF WE COULD FIGHT FIGHTING IS MAGIC CHARACTERS WITH THIS GAME'S CHARACTERS?

To all the people posting pics of OCs and saying "Can you put my oc in":

The game makers won't be able to do anything with just a name and face. They need movesets! Three buttons, two to four specials, and one or two supers.

Something like this will be far more useful...

Emerald Star is a fast character with good projectiles and traps. Combine that with his ability to stop time for a few seconds, and his Stand, and you've got a character that's tough to beat. Gameplay-wise, he takes cues from Dio http://wiki.standcrash.com/index.php?title=Dioand Sol Badguy. http://guilty-gear.wikia.com/wiki/Sol_Badguy

Special 1: MUDAAA! - A strong punch that sends foes flying back. Quarter circle forward A.

Special 2: Star Laser - Fires a purple laser across the screen. Quarter circle back A. In stopped time, these lasers stop.

Special 3: Magic Trap - Quickly creates a small glowing purple star on the ground in front of Emerald. Opponents that touch it (or get knocked into it) take heavy damage) Quarter circle forward B.

Special 4: MUDA MUDA! - A series of rapid punches, mashing A will make the move last longer, up to four seconds. Quarter circle forward C.

Super 1: Emerald Flare - Like Samus's Final Smash from SSBB, Emerald fires a massive energy beam from his horn. Uses one bar of power.

Super 2: Time Stop - Stops time. Power bar drains slowly while active.

Edited by EmeraldStar04
  • Brohoof 1

To all the people posting pics of OCs and saying "Can you put my oc in":

The game makers won't be able to do anything with just a name and face. They need movesets! Three buttons, two to four specials, and one or two supers.

Something like this will be far more useful...

Emerald Star is a fast character with good projectiles and traps. Combine that with his ability to stop time for a few seconds, and his Stand, and you've got a character that's tough to beat. Gameplay-wise, he takes cues from Dio http://wiki.standcrash.com/index.php?title=Dioand Sol Badguy. http://guilty-gear.wikia.com/wiki/Sol_Badguy

Special 1: MUDAAA! - A strong punch that sends foes flying back. Quarter circle forward A.

Special 2: Star Laser - Fires a purple laser across the screen. Quarter circle back A. In stopped time, these lasers stop.

Special 3: Magic Trap - Quickly creates a small glowing purple star on the ground in front of Emerald. Opponents that touch it (or get knocked into it) take heavy damage) Quarter circle forward B.

Special 4: MUDA MUDA! - A series of rapid punches, mashing A will make the move last longer, up to four seconds. Quarter circle forward C.

Super 1: Emerald Flare - Like Samus's Final Smash from SSBB, Emerald fires a massive energy beam from his horn. Uses one bar of power.

Super 2: Time Stop - Stops time. Power bar drains slowly while active.

I can come up with something for Thundy. 

Here's a link to his bio: https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/thundy-r9339

Thundy is both strong and agile. However, go too fast or use too much of his electric abilities, and he'll tire out and won't be able to move for a few seconds. Patience is key with Thundy. Once you've got your opponent cornered, go in with hard specials and supers if you've got them armed. Because of Thundy's two forms (feral and anthro), this makes him very versatile. 

Thundy's got some great string combos and lead-ins. Use them wisely.

Special 1: Stun Shot - Fires a simple shot of electricity that stuns the opponent for a few seconds like ZSS's paralyzer gun.

Special 2: Crash Shocker - Thundy starts with a stunning electric jab followed by a nasty uppercut that sends opponant straight up. Thundy follows them up, goes above them and slams them hard into the ground, hard enough for the ground to crack. Acts like a meteor smash from smash bros. In his feral form, Thundy flip-kicks his opponent into the air instead of an uppercut. 

Special 3: Shapeshift - Thundy switches from his feral form to his anthro form and back. His super moves change depending on what form he is in. 

Special 4: Electro sword slash - Thundy wields an electric sword and performs a 4-slash combo. The final slash is the strongest, sending the opponant back. 

Super 1: (Feral Only) Lightning Blitz - Thundy dashes towards opponant and backflip-kicks them into the air with a charged kick. Thundy will then charge to maximum power and unleash a mighty lightning storm that can become lethal if opponent's health is too low. 

Super 2: (Anthro Only) The True Self - This move ties to Thundy's bio. See the "other" section for details. Thundy will summon a fanfare rock band that will deal a little damage. He'll summon his guitar at the same time and play hard unleashing his true self. When this happens, his body will glow and he will rise into the air with his wings spread out as he shreds hard. The user will have to repeatedly tap a button in order to get the move to maximum power. Thundy will come crashing down hard causing a huge shockwave that deals damage depending on the meter's percent filled. It can be almost lethal if the meter is filled 100%.  

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, we're looking for artists to work on this project.

Namely, Vector Artists willing to draw the characters and their in-battle sprites.

If you're a vector artist, you're willing to become a vector artist (it's seriously easy, I'd be doing this if I didn't already have a job), or you know a vector artist... Now's the time to 「STAND PROUD」!

By the way, Mugen is superior to Fighter Maker. You know how Fighting Is Magic had to use separate Super Buttons because of limits on the button combo system? Mugen doesn't have that problem.

I would want my OC in this game, but considering he's still in development and kind of in a cheesy state, I think I'll hold off for now. Great idea, by the way, I don't know if this is possible in MMF2, but maybe you can make a server where players can fight each other with their own OCs. I'd love to see this game!

If my ponysona were in a fighting game, that would be so cool. I'd certainly get said game. His moveset would be similar to that of PAC-MAN's in Smash 4, but with a softball theme to it because I play softball, so why not.

post-31843-0-18936900-1478357374_thumb.jpg

Neutral special: Summon a softball above his raised hoof. As he charges this, it will catch on fire, and become more fiery and more powerful when he throws it. The fire has a hitbox, making it act like Lucario's aura ball, but to small to act as ledge pressure.

Up special: Move up extremely fast like Marth in Smash.

Down special: Drop a softball dispenser, because I'm obviously not forcing him to be a PAC-MAN clone. Shoots out softballs from the sides and the top. The hitbox is weak, meaning it can get him a grab. He can launch the dispenser as a strong projectile for killing.

Side special: Summon a baseball bat and then throw it in front of himself. The bat will spin and he can control where it moves, and when he's done controlling the bat he will move very quickly straight to where it is. The spinning bat has a multihitting property and him moving has super armor. This makes for a nice horizontal recovery tool.

It's official, the project manager is dead.

I didn't kill him/her, but say hello to the new project manager anyway.

No. Hell no.

You're not going to simply waltz into this thread and take over this project on the foundations of me and GamerKM's ideas, you want to make your own fighting game, you go fucking make your own and establish a new thread. I'm sick of you flooding my inbox with ridiculous pleas to join the team and then randomly informing me of a coup which I'm going to go ahead and shoot down right here, right now. I have finals right around the corner followed by a well deserved Christmas break, I don't have the time to set aside to craft a damn fighting game by my onesies. I could have gotten more work done when I signed up for this during the summer, but I lost faith in it because how dare life get in the way of my partner's game development.

I'm not even sure I even want you on the team now, considering you spammed my inbox to high hell, been disrespectful, and attempted to sweep everything from under our feet. A shame, you know so much about the engine we're tweaking it in.

Edited by Windseeker
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah, I am far from dead, I working with a few people to make a few games.(I am heading a small game studio, and working part time)

Anyway, a small point EVERYONE HERE MISSED was I WAS ONLY USING THE OC LISTED IN ORIGINAL POST, unless you agreed to be working in the project SUCH AS DRAWING OR HELPING WITH CODE. I was not expecting,and should have known better, a dump of people not reading the post at all, I would have like to kept this a neat and thread, but it's gotten so out of hand that I stopped watching it, and someone else declared themselfs Manager WITHOUT PERMISSION.

Right now, I am back burnering the project tell i sort this mess out.

No. Hell no.

You're not going to simply waltz into this thread and take over this project on the foundations of me and GamerKM's ideas, you want to make your own fighting game, you go fucking make your own and establish a new thread. I'm sick of you flooding my inbox with ridiculous pleas to join the team and then randomly informing me of a coup which I'm going to go ahead and shoot down right here, right now. I have finals right around the corner followed by a well deserved Christmas break, I don't have the time to set aside to craft a damn fighting game by my onesies. I could have gotten more work done when I signed up for this during the summer, but I lost faith in it because how dare life get in the way of my partner's game development.

I'm not even sure I even want you on the team now, considering you spammed my inbox to high hell, been disrespectful, and attempted to sweep everything from under our feet. A shame, you know so much about the engine we're tweaking it in.

Oh, well if it isn't... Who are you, again?

Is it "Spamming you" when I wait patiently for DAYS, waiting for you to get up and reply to one of my messages? No.

Is it expecting too much of you to expect you to give me the frame data I was supposed to go over? Apparently! :)

The idea of a MLP OC fighting game is not new, and you don't have a trademark on the idea. You've shown me that you aren't fit to lead this project, so I'm starting my own.

You will not be needed, or missed.

PS. In the version of events Windseeker gave me, Windseeker took over when OP vanished. So naturally, when Windseeker vanishes, I'll take over, right? No, I'll make my own, better game. Do not attempt to manipulate me into helping you manufacture the drama you need to make your bad idea popular.

Let's take a look at the differences between our games and their design philosophies, while we're at it. You include your OCs because why not (And did I really see an OC named Mary Sue on that roster?) and I include one of my OCs because he'll have a fun and unique fighting style. You include two Fallout Equestria characters despite not having the permission to use thise characters, I plan to include just the better-written Littlepip and state that I'll ask for permission after work on Emerald and the menus gets completed, so I'll be taken seriously. The idea of a combo contest? My idea. You know so little about what you're doing, you didn't know to use Mugen, while I plan on using Mugen from the start AND including online play. ONLINE PLAY. The idea of trying to get a musician? My idea, and since I contacted him because I felt like it and you didn't think to ask me to do it, I didn't get the musician for you, I got him for me. And he'll do great work for my game.

Which brings me to another point: Work. Have you any work to show? You say I stole from you, but do you actually have anything for me to steal, or do you just want to take the easiest route to becoming Horse Famous?

Edited by EmeraldStar04