Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation The new Megaman cartoon sounds awful

Megas

(edited)

Under the terms of the deal, Dentsu Entertainment USA and DHX (TeletubbiesYo Gabba Gabba!, the Degrassi franchise) will manage all global rights for the Mega Man animated series and will handle distribution and licensing in the U.S. Parent company Dentsu Inc, a leading Japanese animation producer and ad agency, will handle distribution and licensing in Asia, with DHX managing distribution and licensing in all other territories.

The original video game series was launched by Capcom in 1987. It followed the robot Mega Man who battled varying enemies across different environments while collecting new, strange weapons as he sought to defeat the nefarious Dr. Wily.

Aimed at kids 6 to 9, as well as parents who grew up playing the video games, the series will follow Mega Man’s newly-introduced alter-ego, Aki Light, a normal, upbeat, schoolboy robot who, when activated, re-forms into a suit of impenetrable armor. Other characters from the games and new characters, including Mega Mini, will also be featured.

The Mega Man animated series is set to air sometime in 2017, timed with the franchise’s 30th anniversary.

Source 

sig-4535362.IANICm.gif

I know I shouldn't judge a show when it hasn't even aired, but this sounds awful, and it doesn't help that this comes out while the series is in the middle of a very bad hiatus.

Also his new design doesn't look that good either

mega-man-reveal.jpg?w=446&h=299&crop=1

You guys had one job  :eww:

Edited by Megas

It could be good, no real way to tell since it's not out yet, though I'm not personally fond of that Megaman design.

Why is it so hard to stick to source material though? I understand changing things for adaptations, and sometimes those changes can be interesting, but this just sounds like a bunch of stuff changed from the original games just for the purpose of changing it. Megaman already has a "Real" name, Rock.

• Brohoof 2

Oh god, please don't make this version of Megaman into a Gary Stu something about that description sets off my alarm bells.

At least Capcom is finally using the Megaman license in the first time in who knows how long at this point.

But I can't say that this looks too terribly interesting in my honest opinion.

I am much more invested in the upcoming Astroboy reboot than this, even if it most of it comes from the visual aesthetics and animation quality.