Did you like the episode?  

186 users have voted

1. 1. What did you think?

• I hated it; period. -_-
    • I didn't care for it.
    • It was total meh.
    • I liked it well enough.
    • THAT WAS A RIP-ROARING GOOD SHOW!! <3

I enjoyed this episode. Not one of my favorite, nor was it a really good Rarity and Applejack episode in my opinion. I thought it was really funny when Twilight was doing the chores, how confused she was getting with the "useless" steps that were involved.

The only other thing that confused me was the sprinkler system that Applejack set up. It was confusing in the first scene when you saw it, and then the after they fixed it. It was still confusing. What did they do to fix it? 

Either way it was a pretty good episode. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't a super good episode compared to others.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

After a while, I can clearly say that this episode doesn't really hold up very well.

I don't hate it or anything, but it is pretty dull.

It's not a good sign when I feel like an episode should end long before it actually does.

It would have been better off as an 11 minute episode, as I don't believe enough happened in it to fill up the regular 22 minutes.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

This infamously subpar episode is somewhat okay in my books after reanalyzing it. It's not the most exciting or even perhaps story driven but at least it's shows how much of an hardworking pony Applejack is. Even when she was suppose to have a day off, she insisted on helping other ponies too in that regard and that goes in continuity with her good character. Her diagnosis and keen eye to fix the problem is a great attribute to add for AJ but of course, she was in fact languished with her own personal troubles around the farm that always limit her time for leisure. That in fact gave her an realization of the things she did wrong and her friends acknowledge those problems to help her manage things. It's not the most crazy, cool, or awesome idea for an episode but it works realistically for our own very lives as we don't do things correctly, we too are apprehended by our mistakes.

Edited by Melodic Twilight
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

This infamously subpar episode is somewhat okay in my books after reanalyzing it. It's not the most exciting or even perhaps story driven but at least it's shows how much of an hardworking pony Applejack is. Even when she was suppose to have a day off, she insisted on helping other ponies too in that regard and that goes in continuity with her good character. Her diagnosis and keen eye to fix the problem is a great attribute to add for AJ but of course, she was in fact languished with her own personal troubles around the farm that always limit her time for leisure. That in fact gave her an realization of the things she did wrong and her friends acknowledge those problems to help her manage things. It's not the most crazy, cool, or awesome idea for an episode but it works realistically for our own very lives as we don't do things correctly, we too are apprehended by our mistakes.

Applejack spends so much time working on the farm that she's hard-wired to fix a problem when she sees it, even when it's possibly not in her best interest to help out like such. All Rarity wants is for Applejack to join her at the spa, but when Applejack sets her mind to something, there's no stopping her. This is also why she continues to use this inefficient method to solve a problem which no longer exists, as she appears to have an eye for all problems except those of her own making. My biggest issue with the episode, character-wise, is that it never really depicts Applejack's insistence on helping the spa as a bad thing, and I think it would be way more interesting if it connected that stubborn insistence on fixing a problem with her stubborn insistence on her inefficient farm techniques. It's halfway to a really interesting exploration of Applejack's flaws, but doesn't go all the way. 

• 9 months later...

While this is episode isn't really funny (only Rainbow Dash is), I really liked the story and the morale (it does apply on everyday life).

I'll also agree this episode would have been better in a 11 minutes format.

Edited by Blobulle

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I actually loved this one. I heard bad critic about it, but i didnt saw anything that would make me dislike it. Instead of not wanting to stop her work, like Applejack did in another Episode, she simply repaired something, because there was no other way, i just thought at first, that it would be another " Applejack does not want to take a break " Episode. But it was actually quite funny. Maybe i cant defend my Opinion, because im not that good in understanding myself and why i like something, but i liked this Episode very much. Not sure why, it was just enjoyable for me.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I really liked the irony of Applejack’s daily routine. Also, the moments when Rainbow Dash appeared was very funny. Overall though, a bit bland.

• 3 weeks later...

This one was okay, not terrible.

On 1/10/2018 at 10:42 AM, Singe said:

Wrinkly Rarity when she takes her towel off her face that deserves a Flapjack scream effect.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Like "Princess Spike," I have no strong feelings about anything which happens here. There's a lot of moments in this where nothing in particular is happening and nobody's saying anything. It's unusually slow pacing for the show, and there's no change in tone or visual style to accompany it, so I genuinely wonder if the script wasn't long enough. It certainly feels prolonged: some things are repeated twice, everything takes longer than it should, and there aren't any big comedic setpieces. It's all just really mild, and way too didactic for its own good. The ending, where Applejack explains the moral while not following it at all, is a good example: not only is the scene entirely unnecessary, it's filled with exposition and doesn't build to a punchline. This has the beginnings of a good idea with Applejack being too stubborn to relax, but it doesn't go all the way with that, and instead her personality feels weirdly forceful in a way it doesn't usually. I like when these ponies act out because of insecurity, or at least in ways which are silly and cute. This is just bland and dull. And are we supposed to find it funny that Rainbow Dash is doing something stereotypically feminine? That's way beneath the show's usual level of humour, and besides, why on earth does Rainbow feel the need to lie to her friends? Does anybody watching this show want to see that? 

Extra points for a solid, relatable moral, though. 

Score:
Entertainment: 4/10
Characters: 4/10
Themes: 7/10
Story: 4/10
Overall: 48/100

Edited by AlexanderThrond

• 2 months later...

This is such a dull episode. It feels like an outline that somehow released as a finished episode. Like, there's a basic premise and an idea of the story beats, but the jokes haven't been written in yet and the writers haven't had a lot of time to iron out the story and pacing. Except this is the actual episode. I have no idea what was going on in the studio, but this just seems unfinished. 

Score: 5/10

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
(edited)

Out of all the Applejack episodes, this is the most boring one of the entire show. Even more so than Apple Family Reunion. The pacing was slow, the jokes falls flat, and the story was completely one-note.

Heck, I barely remember any happened in this episode. That's how boring it is.

To be honest, there are much better Applejack episodes in this show, before and after, to look back on, but this is not one of them.

Edited by JMTV99

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe not the best AJ episode but I really don't think it's a bad one.

There were also memorable moments for me, like:

• RD being a regular visitor at the spa (and she knows exactly what she wants)
  • AJ needing her tools
  • Twilight and Spike trying to do AJ's list

• Brohoof 1

The best part of the episode is when bit of the Mission Impossible theme plays while Twilight's failing at doing Applejack's chores. Unfortunately, that's also the only good thing in this episode.

• Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...

Wow .. what's with all the hate on this episode?  I had a great time with this one.  I never found it dull and be assured there are certainly episodes that I have, and had to 'work to get through' as it were.  In my opinion, if AJ hadn't realized the issue at the spa and worked to fix it, not only would that line have maintained itself indefinitely, but her and Rarity wouldn't have made it to the steam room period.  I feel like AJ's friends helping her see the relevance of her routine on the farm was a good tie-in to the spa fix as well, as two problems were resolved the same day.  

Not realizing you are making something overly complicated or causing it to take longer than it needs to is not something that is indicative of intelligence.  Everyone is susceptible to it, especially when you settle in to a routine way of handling a situation.  Twilight had it correct that on occasion a fresh pair of eyes can indeed be helpful. Applejack and Twilight are, in fact, my two favorites of the now .. main 7.  I seem to be in a smaller group when it comes to AJ though, it would seem.  Not only from some of the prior commentary, but also in general from what I have observed online and in the merchandising in general.  All said, I would never rate this below a 7/10 and if I were gong purely by my personal enjoyment of the episode it would be an 8/10.  On a side note, my current shirt:

HUN0877-Applejack-T-shirt-front_500x.jpg

Edited by Adariousmist

• 2 years later...