Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Who here likes Portal?

Flittery Heart

I absolutely love the Portal series. I've recently completed both games for the first time and they were both great. I'm currently working through some fan-made content for Portal called Rexaura and Portal Stories: Mel. Very challenging but still fun.

Good to see someone else with good taste in games! Haha.

• Brohoof 2

Portal and Portal 2 are both among my favorite games of all time, plus really helped introduce me to PC gaming. I finished Portal 2 a few months ago, and it's definitely a great game.

• Brohoof 2

Portal is definitely one of the coolest gaming experiences I have ever had. The first one was incredibly fun considering how new of a genre it was, but the second took that into overdrive and it was incredible. The co-op was even amazing. I hope the second goes backwards compatible for the Xbox One eventually as I absolutely would love to play it again. :)

• Brohoof 2

The cake is a lie!

Portal 1&2 are one of my most favorite shooters...well technically, a first person dark, gritty, strategy, triller, sci-fy, action shooter and yet it's not even rated M. Did I mention that it parallels another awesome dimension where a scientist carriers an crowbar, essentially starting a revolution.

• Brohoof 1

I love the Portal games! GLaDOS really makes the games. It wouldn't be the same without that constant hilarious monologuing. And the gameplay is awesome as well.

• Brohoof 3

I'd say that they're some of the best games I've ever played. The first one was a fun, well tuned game, but the second one blew the first one out of the water. It was harder, funnier, and more immersive than the first. Perhaps not as polished as the first one, but still freaking amazing.

• Brohoof 1

Portal 1&2 are some of the best games I've ever played. Shame I had them on my old Steam account... I might go and re-buy them just to play through em again!

• Brohoof 1

Hey, are there any fans of Portal out there?!?! One of my favorite games. :3

For a few years, I held the ''unofficial'' world record speedrun.

I beat the top guys speed, but they claimed it was fake in the video because it dropped a few frames cuz my laptop was garbage

My time was like 18:06 though, which was 12 seconds faster than the guy at the time. I think its since been beaten though.

• Brohoof 1

I love the portal series! I adore the gameplay and especially the lore! I've completed Portal 2. (...Three times...) and I'm planning on starting Portal 1. But Portal 2 is by far my favourite out of both.

• Brohoof 1

@@Flittery Heart

Hey there :)

As your topic does not have to do with discussing things concerning the fandom, I have moved it over to Media Discussion where it better fits as you are discussing a computer game :)

Oh, okay! So is it like only the portal fandoms for Sugarcube Corner that aren't allowed or is it issomething else??

For a few years, I held the ''unofficial'' world record speedrun.

I beat the top guys speed, but they claimed it was fake in the video because it dropped a few frames cuz my laptop was garbage

My time was like 18:06 though, which was 12 seconds faster than the guy at the time. I think its since been beaten though.

You must be really good then! XD

Oh, okay! So is it like only the portal fandoms for Sugarcube Corner that aren't allowed or is it issomething else??

Anything non brony fandom related or anything not related to FiM or MLP :). The Beyond Equestria section is reserved for general discussions that fall outside of the FiM section one :).

• Brohoof 1

Anything non brony fandom related or anything not related to FiM or MLP :). The Beyond Equestria section is reserved for general discussions that fall outside of the FiM section one :).

Oh okay! Thank you for your for help! :D

• Brohoof 1

Oh man. Portal is a lot of fun. I've played Portal (including the advanced levels), Portal 2 plus coop maps, loads of portal 2 custom maps, Portal Prequel mod, Portal the flash version and probably some others I've forgotten.

I started out when portal had its first free period and was hooked on it since.

I love the first game, but the second one is much better, I've played through it a number of times! The mapmaking community is still pretty active on PC in Portal 2, as well!

• 5 years later...

I also loved playing it :> The first into the game it's really a captivating experience :> Sadly the replay value of the game it's no so great. But I have many nice memories experience these games .. I think it's over ten years ago by now xD

Great games though :D

Played through the multiplayer campaign of Portal 2 and enjoyed it a lot. Haven't played much solo, so can't really comment on that particular part of the game.