Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will the movie outdo Frozen?

ManaMinori

Frozen has to change it's title from "The Snow Queen" to appeal to a more general population and the tale "The Snow Queen" is not even closely related to Frozen story wise. MLP The Movie, should change it's title too for appeal but you know how controversial it would be to just change just to acquire more viewers. The name change may bring unassuming guests to theaters and be completely surprised. Word of mouth and box office numbers will go out reflecting on the name change alone.

Then again, the fans wouldn't be too thrilled by the supposed change.

No.

...they made a live stage performance based on Frozen? I just don't get it - how come this movie is still a thing?

But if MLP gets so successful it spawns a live stage show... I just hope it doesn't look like this abomination :P

MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP ME! MY MIND CANNOT UNSEE WHAT HAS BEEN SEEN TONIGHT!

Zootopia is the real success of Disney now. It grossed a massive sum of money in its opening box office sales alone to beat Frozen. MLP may be able to compete as a well known and recognized brand as well as having an established fanbase with a large range of ages and nationalities. Good marketing will be a major factor in the success of the MLP movie in the end though so we can't make many predictions now.

But everybody remembers let it go. I still can't believe the movie came out three years ago and I'm still singing let it go.

MLP will never out-perform a Disney princess movie, let alone Frozen. Honestly, I would be surprised if the MLP movie comes even in the same ballpark of success. Sorry guys, but MLP isn't NEARLY as popular as Disney.

Frozen 2 will be the most brutal slaughter in cinema history.

(edited)

What.

I can't see this making it past 200m worldwide, and that's a stretch. Frozen make six times that.

Unless everybody become a brony in one day.

MLP will never out-perform a Disney princess movie, let alone Frozen. Honestly, I would be surprised if the MLP movie comes even in the same ballpark of success. Sorry guys, but MLP isn't NEARLY as popular as Disney.

Frozen 2 will be the most brutal slaughter in cinema history.

Yes. Have you seen Frozen Fever? They're either going to screw it up or it'll be the best thing in the world and I think they're going to mess it up. Sequels are always messed up. Ok, mostly messed up.

Edited by Espurr
  • Brohoof 1

probably not, MLP is a pretty small group compared to most other shows. most episodes only have like 150,000 people watching it in ratings compared to millions of people for most other kinds of shows

probably not, MLP is a pretty small group compared to most other shows. most episodes only have like 150,000 people watching it in ratings compared to millions of people for most other kinds of shows

Ummm... you realize that 90% of the franchise's popularity is online, right? The episodes are widely available,

unlike most other shows.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i would love to see MLP go beyond frozen... but i dont think that would be good for the franchise... in other threads ive noticed people concerned with what the movie may imply... and having the movie gross more than frozen may lead to making spinoffs, alot of spinoffs.

dont get me wrong, i love MLP FIM, but geting the mane 6 and associates to be in multipul spinoffs sorta ruins the magic...

I'm watching the news, and they've been hyping Frozen live at the Hyperion (which is sold out for a year, even before its opening), and it's a live stage performance where the cast interact with the audience, in the isles, fancy digital projections and techy stuff that immerses the audience from all angles, etc. And I'm just thinking, could MLP THE MOVIE be this big a hit, to do sonething like this; to still be massively successful to the point of obnoxiousness,selling out live shows, going all out with tech and such, so many years later?

Will MLP's Movie outdo Frozen in all these ways?

Nope. Not a chance. I don't see MLP outperforming Frozen. Yes, I think Frozen is overrated (seriously, Disney, stop pumping it), but I won't sent that it's insanely popular. For what reason, I don't know.

The stars would have to align perfectly for an MLP movie to be even a quarter as successful as Frozen. That said, word of mouth was Frozen's greatest strength in terms of advertising; if anybody else recalls, the official Disney ad campaigns (including the trailers) were radically different from what the film delivered. (Remember how hard Olaf was pushed in the initial promotions?) Frozen got hyped because of the extraordinary combination of strong writing, music, and characters. Plus, there was crossover appeal between kids who would enjoy characters like Olaf and adults who could appreciate the film's complexity. "Let It Go" and Elsa's breakout role were double exclamation marks on an already potent set of forces at work.

Given its track record, MLP won't possess that level of commercial and social impact. I'm not even certain if it will have a full theatrical release (that is, whether or not it will open in hundreds of theaters across the US). Strong reviews are certainly possible, but dominating the media like Frozen did is out of the question. MLP's general appeal is too circumscribed.

• Brohoof 2

We're talking about Disney there. I don't think any animated movie will outdo a Disney movie, not because Disney movies are better (in fact, there are lots of lesser known animated movies that are much better, imo), but just because they're Disney movies.

... i wonder, would it be better if the movie is done CG?(im thinking along the lines of "FF Spirits Within" graphical clarity)

a live action would break from the "pony" part of the mlp name... and thats probably half of the fandom right there...

but in CG they could render them as they are in the series, with an uncany realness to them... little scary to think of really...lol

Yes. Just yes. This is a personal opinion so don't get mad, but... yes it will. I have never liked anything more than MLP. Well, maybe Doctor Who It's just awesome! Anyway, I think The mop 2017 film will be much better than the Frozen movie. Sure it was good... but doesn't have this AWESOME FANDOM!!! Brownies are amazing people and should realize that the money a movie makes isn't the case. it's the Fans that make it awesome!  :rarity:

Plus, they taste good. :-P

...they made a live stage performance based on Frozen? I just don't get it - how come this movie is still a thing?

But if MLP gets so successful it spawns a live stage show... I just hope it doesn't look like this abomination :P

Someone pass me a banhammer. :diamondtiara: That is far too offensive to go unmoderated.

It is literally impossible for the MLP movie to come anywhere close to the box office numbers of Frozen.

Not unless every brony in existence spends their life savings + house mortgage on buying up every ticket in the known universe...

BRONIES UNITE!   :yay:

On a more realistic note, though, no mortal movie-maker can come anywhere close to Disney. No matter how genuinely awesome this movie is (which it probably will be, considering the talent, effort, and money going into making it :ph34r: ), ponies just aren't popular or publicised enough to compete with Frozen.  :eww:

Edited by Duality

Plus, they taste good. :-P

Someone pass me a banhammer. :diamondtiara: That is far too offensive to go unmoderated.

Not unless every brony in existence spends their life savings + house mortgage on buying up every ticket in the known universe...

BRONIES UNITE! :yay:

On a more realistic note, though, no mortal movie-maker can come anywhere close to Disney. No matter how genuinely awesome this movie is (which it probably will be, considering the talent, effort, and money going into making it :ph34r: ), ponies just aren't popular or publicised enough to compete with Frozen. :eww:

lol. I now hate autocorrect.. I meant to say bronies not brownies. And mlp not mop x3

A multibillion dollar company's blockbuster CGI flick, one that has gained ridiculous notoriety since it came out, being beaten by a flash animated film from a considerably smaller company which is usually marketing toys rather than TV and Movies? Sorry, that's just not realistic to expect. I personally don't like Frozen myself, but I can still understand there's no way the MLP movie will beat it out in terms of money or praise. Yeah, Hasbro gets a lot of popularity and money from bronies and the target audience alike, but that's not nearly as much as Disney gains from their movies.

Edited by OmegaBeamOfficial

A multibillion dollar company's blockbuster CGI flick, one that has gained ridiculous notoriety since it came out, being beaten by a flash animated film from a considerably smaller company which is usually marketing toys rather than TV and Movies? Sorry, that's just not realistic to expect. I personally don't like Frozen myself, but I can still understand there's no way the MLP movie will beat it out in terms of money or praise. Yeah, Hasbro gets a lot of popularity and money from bronies and the target audience alike, but that's not nearly as much as Disney gains from their movies.

It's not flash, but ToonBoom.

• Brohoof 1

Quality? HELL YES!! Frozen was an alright film that 100% undeserved attention.

Box Office? Hell no. There's no way this movie will gross $1.3 billion unless hell freezes (no pun intended) over.

Half the money is $650 million worldwide. That's more than enough.

Frozen is one the top grossing movies. MLP will not be able to break a billion. I doubt it will even be able to make 500milion

Heck, Spongebob Squarepants' latest movie didn't even beat $350 million.

Quite frankly, it's not going to even matter how good the movie is, some movies are just going to be hard or impossible to market in a way that makes that kind of money.

• Brohoof 2

No.

I dont think, Mlp will ever be THAT much successful.

I mean, we are talking about Disney. I mean sure, the Transformers Movies made a lot of Movie and thats from Hasbro, but i really doubt that the Mlp Movie will make over one Billion.

I dont think so. XD