Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which of the mane six has your least favorite episodes?

Phill

For me, it's Applejack (Sorry Applejack fans). I wouldn't call her episodes terrible, but none of them have ever really stood out to me either. 

Fluttershy. The only ones that stand out to me are Dragonshy and Hurricane Fluttershy, and not because of her, but because of the mane 6 interactions in the first and Rainbow's characterization in the latter. I like her, but she's my least favorite of the mane 6 because I can relate to her the most. And not in a good way, as in I hate my flaws and she has the same flaws I do, even down to anxiety and panic attacks... and they're played as "cutesy" and "charming".

(edited)

I would have to say my least favorite would be, Pinkie Pie. She is good for a laugh, but sometimes I just want to make her sit in a corner somewhere quiet. Mainly from the older seasons, but goodness. Anyone who is that happy all the time... I don't think her and I could be friends lol.

episodes.

Pinkie Apple Pie. just too much. 

Party Pooped

Trade ya

Edited by Stardust*
  • Brohoof 1

My least favorite episodes of the mane six would have to be Applejack. There are some episodes in the later seasons that gave AJ some good episodes. However, most of her episodes never really stood out to me in any way. 

Rainbow Dash, on two counts (Daring Don't and recently, Newbie Dash). Not that I don't like RD, but yeah... PS... you could probably put up a poll here.

• Brohoof 1

I tend to dislike Rainbow Dash episodes simply because I'm the least interested in her personality, interests, and struggles. The only episode of hers that made me really connect with her was Tanks for the Memories. I actually cried during that one; I felt so sad for her! But the other ones I've just been like, "Yeah, I'll watch it I guess, but I don't really care about it one way or another..."

(edited)

Rainbow Dash probably has the WEAKEST episodes among the mane six, though I think I enjoy her average episodes more than I enjoy Fluttershy's average episodes and her best tend to be really good. But man Rainbow Falls AND Mare-Do-Well? yeaaahhh Not good.

If I could include Spike and the CMC... I actually wouldn't say Spike, id say Apple Bloom. Aside from Bloom and Gloom quite literally every Apple Bloom episode in six goddamn seasons iv found ether dull, really forgettable or outright bad, hell Somepony to Watch Over Me might be my least favorite episode of the entire series. It's a shame she gets so many more episodes than the other CMC when she's clearly a much weaker leading character than the other 2 are. Among all the leading characters in the show (and I include literally every character who's ever been the star of an episode here, so that means Discord, Luna, Starlight, Big Mac am I forgetting anyone?) she's the least well suited for the leading role IMO.

Edited by M'gann M'orzz

Unfortunately, Rainbow Dash has some of my least favorite episodes, most of them either infamous like Mysterious Mare-Do-Well, or heavily disputed, like Daring Don't, Rainbow Falls and Newbie Dash. Don't get me wrong, she has the good episode once in awhile, but I'm always apprehensive whenever a Rainbow focused episode is announced. 

(edited)

I tend to dislike Rainbow Dash episodes simply because I'm the least interested in her personality, interests, and struggles. The only episode of hers that made me really connect with her was Tanks for the Memories. I actually cried during that one; I felt so sad for her! But the other ones I've just been like, "Yeah, I'll watch it I guess, but I don't really care about it one way or another..."

See I don't get this attitude, I don't have to love a character to enjoy one of their episodes, like Fluttershy? Easily my least favorite of the Mane 6. Hurricane Fluttershy? I can easily admit it's one of the best of S2, and she has quite a few other episodes iv enjoyed as well.

Unfortunately, Rainbow Dash has some of my least favorite episodes, most of them either infamous like Mysterious Mare-Do-Well, or heavily disputed, like Daring Don't, Rainbow Falls and Newbie Dash. Don't get me wrong, she has the good episode once in awhile, but I'm always apprehensive whenever a Rainbow focused episode is announced. 

Yeah it's kind of amazing that Dash is still as popular as she is when she's so hit and miss when she's in the spotlight. And she's not exactly usually a standout when she's in a supporting role (though there are times where she is). But yeah I tend to go into her episodes with the lowest expectations (conversely I go into Rarity's with the highest due to how solid her track record is).

Edited by M'gann M'orzz
  • Brohoof 2

That is a hard question for me to answer as each of the mane 6 has at least one episode that I consider to be one of my all time favorites.

Twilight has the premieres and finales from A Canterlot Wedding to Twilight's Kingdom, Lesson Zero, and Amending Fences

Rarity has Rarity Takes Manehatten, Canterlot Boutique, and Sweet and Elite

Rainbow Dash has Wonderbolts Academy and Testing Testing 123

Fluttershy has Hurricane Fluttershy and Filli Vanilli 

Pinkie Pie has Pinkie Pride and Too Many Pinkie Pies

and Applejack has The Mane Attraction.

I guess I would go with Applejack for having the least amount of episodes that I truly love out of all of the mane 6.

I'm not a fan of Rainbow Dash episodes. The majority of them are very damaging to her character. We saw her loyalty in the second episode when she rejects the Shadowbolt's offer but then, for example, in Rainbow Falls she's all too eager to fly with the Wonderbolts instead of her friends.

For me, it's Applejack (Sorry Applejack fans). I wouldn't call her episodes terrible, but none of them have ever really stood out to me either. 

I'm an Applejack fan and even I agree with this. :(

Rainbow Dash is one of my favorite characters, but dammit, a great chunk of her episodes are garbage.

1. May the Best Pet Win!: My least-favorite portrayal of her in the show; her abusive attitude to the animals helped kill the episode.
  2. Mare Do Well: Self-explanatory. Cruel, malicious, OOC ReMane Five, a botched moral. Ironically, her character wasn't botched that much.
  3. Daring Don't: An episode that didn't pay attention to the implications of the worldbuilding. It makes no sense to make Daring Do's adventures autobiographical. On top of that, the episode is rushed, and Rainbow Dash is an out-of-character stereotype of fanatics.
  4. Rainbow Falls: Worst. Written. Episode. Laziest. Episode. Nothing makes sense!
  5. Tanks for the Memories: One major folly. Dash was out of character just by the fact that she was totally aware that her actions would completely disrupt the circle of life in Ponyville and, by extension, many other parts of Equestria. The whole episode's an allegory of death, but because this was about Tank having to brumate to stay healthy and Dash gives no plausible reason to sabotage Cloudesdale, Dash's stages are completely contrived. Dash in Pet's my least-favorite portrayal of her for the reason above. Dash in Tanks is her worst portrayal, because she's an enormous idiot!
  6. Newbie Dash: Rainbow Dash is out of character. The dialogue and "humor" are terrible. And "teasing is okay as long as it's good fun" is one of the three worst morals of the show.
  • Brohoof 3

Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle have both had a lot of messy episodes that don't bring the best out of their lead character lately, but Fluttershy remains my least favourite just because they tend to feel so stagnant and redundant. Like, I have my frustrations with episodes like "Amending Fences" and "Newbie Dash", but at least they have some ambition. Something like "Scare Master" doesn't feel like it's trying. 

• Brohoof 2

• 4 years later...

Rainbow Dash in Newbie Dash. She was hurt, and I don't like that :crackle: Episode is bad because she was hurt, and she shouldn't be hurt, she is Rainbow Dash!

Dash, because she had several lame episodes. Newbie dash is the most common example. It was poorly writen and turned into cringe. Another character with bad episodes is usually Fluttershy. I don't know why, but most turned repetitive.

• Brohoof 1

"non-compete clause", putting Applejack and Rainbow Dash, supposed to be great teachers of friendship, to fight immaturity, and almost cost a student her life (Yona).

It makes me sick! Both characters acting really badly!