Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would Disney buy Hasbro and own Mlp?

ManaMinori

(edited)

Nah, not likely at all, Disney has lots of money but that doesn't mean they'll go outside and buy the entire frickin' universe if they wanted to do so. And while the ponies are broadcast on Disney Channel in Spain, it's only because of the whole copyright thing, given Hasbro has been one of Disney's most powerful merchandising allies. Then again, i coud be wrong. Plus, Disney's got its own ripoff version of MLP and LPS, Palace Pets.

open-uri20150422-23749-t2fv6p_8c5f0da8.j

The diabetes is strong with this one...

Edited by Dino-Mario
  • Brohoof 2

Actually Disney has owned a few my little pony characters back in the day they owned my little pony tales which that is where bon bon comes from aka sweetie drops they had to change her name due to copyright and Hasbro is slowly trying to get them back which is why in the episode canterlot boutique the pony that is pink and very very hyper in the end is actually starlight from my little pony tales now she is not to be confused with starlight glimmer I will show some example picture the first picture is Starlight from my litttle pony tales now they don't look exactly the same and that's due to copyright Disney could sue Hasbro so they found a way to sneak her in and the second picture is Starlight in generation 4 and yes I know the generation 4 one is a unicorn and the mlp tales starlight is a earthpony, but they had to do that like I said for copyright since Disney owns them, but they are trying to get the rights to those characters.

post-38560-0-16825100-1465517642.png

post-38560-0-53539900-1465517916_thumb.png

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...
On 5/27/2016 at 8:24 AM, Nightmare Muffin said:

1: could you see Disney ever trying to buy out Hasbro, for whatever reason?

2: MLP is acquiring proncess ponies, so Disney might look at FiM and want a piece of that, to make their own. Would mlp snd princess ponies be better under Disney's direction?

3: would all princess ponies get their own Disney movie?

4: given that Disney has more going for it than Hasbro, would their IP be better off in Disney's hands? Would pony stand on the same stage as some of Disney's finer films?

5: would Disney welcome the fandom of bronies they'd be getting if they bought out hasbro and aquired ponies?

One thing I know for a fact is Disney will pimp the Hell out of MLP in merchandise  and those of you making plush, sculptures, or other stuff  from the show, making a living off it would end up getting sued.. Should Disney own MLP, and you continue to make plush off the designs.

I certainly hope that that won't happen, even though they do have that huge of a capital to buy Hasbro.

All the other questions are rejected as I don't want to talk about disney.

On 6/5/2016 at 4:31 AM, Concerned Bystander said:

Even if Disney did acquire Hasbro (God forbid), MLP would be subsumed into the massive machine and would end up on the Disney channel with a similar profile to things like 'Recess' or the 'Little Einsteins'.

Any film that came out of that pairing would more likely be straight to DVD than anything even close to any of Disney's finer films.  MLP may be a reasonably large franchise, but it's too much of a narrow niche to get the kind of expense and marketing that Disney ploughs into its bigger projects with a more universal appeal.

You are dam right Disney Will Pimp the Hell out of MLP in more pointless merchandise.

I'm working on a major book with my character Crystal Frost, yes her story is that dam good. i even created a Massive Kingdom called Long Heart Stone with beautiful mystical stories, and fusion ponies... It is strong unique and it took me 4 days to create my kingdom on my own. And take my Crystal Frost Character core story into it,

love everything about it. should it be a major hit like the, Harry Potter books.. Yes it is that dam good,

I pitched the whole thing to my niece she Loved it  she said it was way better then MLP... Should Disney be interested to make it into a movie or TV series they can go to Hell.

They pimp the hell out of cartoons in merchandise... and this goes against everything I stand for..

here is an example of my fusion ponies...

I don't need Disney, but I tell you this they will droll over my creative designs... And the vast Kingdom I carefully drafted in flawless design. look how vast Pokémon is,.. my kingdom has fusion ponies that expand beyond MLP FIM. that is how big my kingdom is.

The way I planed out is Beautiful, vast Strong and great,.. My Kingdom Long Heart Stone makes MLP look like a puddle.

5aae3de1c5b60_LuckeyHoofFluffFemaleLeader.thumb.png.0ecb58ae6ef1ef2328ff6da921a2b050.png5aae3ddaa063d_Attachment-12598.thumb.png.fe3468f4391cd34d211e9edfc9cf4fa5.png5aae3dd24d594_Attachment-12578.thumb.png.5c62dae6b62bf5d6cbd1a23d7ae7a3c7.png5aae3dc99619d_Attachment-12576.thumb.png.b4b5d376d759571155e66c4c42fdca56.png

These are just 4 examples i got a lot more, that touch my story... ...

Edited by RaphLuna

6 minutes ago, RaphLuna said:

You are dam right Disney Will Pimp the Hell out of MLP in more pointless merchandise.

I'm working on a major book with my character Crystal Frost, yes her story is that dam good. i even created a Massive Kingdom called Long Heart Stone with beautiful mystical stories, and fusion ponies... It is strong unique and it took me 4 days to create my kingdom on my own. And take my Crystal Frost Character core story into it,

love everything about it. should it be a major hit like the, Harry Potter books.. Yes it is that dam good,

I pitched the whole thing to my niece she Loved it  she said it was way better then MLP... Should Disney be interested to make it into a movie or TV series they can go to Hell.

They pimp the hell out of cartoons in merchandise... and this goes everything I stand for..

here is an example of my fusion ponies...

I don't need Disney, but I tell you this they will droll over my creative designs... And the vast Kingdom I carefully drafted in flawless design. look how vast Pokémon is,.. my kingdom has fusion ponies that expand beyond MLP FIM. that is how big my kingdom is.

The way I planed out is Beautiful, vast Strong and great,.. My Kingdom Long Heart Stone makes MLP look like a puddle.

5aae3de1c5b60_LuckeyHoofFluffFemaleLeader.thumb.png.0ecb58ae6ef1ef2328ff6da921a2b050.png5aae3ddaa063d_Attachment-12598.thumb.png.fe3468f4391cd34d211e9edfc9cf4fa5.png5aae3dd24d594_Attachment-12578.thumb.png.5c62dae6b62bf5d6cbd1a23d7ae7a3c7.png5aae3dc99619d_Attachment-12576.thumb.png.b4b5d376d759571155e66c4c42fdca56.png

I absolutely like your opinion about disney, and everything you just said was so damn true.

Your designes are likeable aswell!

I’m sure that if Disney got the opportunity to buy Hasbro, they would do it in a heartbeat. MLP has been a MASSIVE success. Disney would definitely want to own the brand.

But I sure hope that Disney doesn’t get it. I mean I’m not a huge fan of Hasbro, either, but I do think it’s for the best that they own MLP and not Disney or Warner Bros.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Nosotros. said:

I’m sure that if Disney got the opportunity to buy Hasbro, they would do it in a heartbeat. MLP has been a MASSIVE success. Disney would definitely want to own the brand.

But I sure hope that Disney doesn’t get it. I mean I’m not a huge fan of Hasbro, either, but I do think it’s for the best that they own MLP and not Disney or Warner Bros.

Well if Disney manage to own ponies, we may get some pony rides at Disney World at least :dash: 

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, RaphLuna said:

One thing I know for a fact is Disney will pimp the Hell out of MLP in merchandise  and those of you making plush, sculptures, or other stuff  from the show, making a living off it would end up getting sued.. Should Disney own MLP, and you continue to make plush off the designs.

It's unfair to bash the whole Disney company when you should get angry at the specific people within the company who would indeed sue you. The ideals of  Family, Friendship, and such are what Walt Disney wanted to bring to people through his company, and they can be some greedy people who would corrupt the Disney Company. I hope good people within the company help bring the Company back to Walt's vision of Family Entertainment

Just now, We. said:

It's unfair to bash the whole Disney company when you should get angry at the specific people within the company who would indeed sue you. The ideals of  Family, Friendship, and such are what Walt Disney wanted to bring to people through his company, and they can be some greedy people who would corrupt the Disney Company. I hope good people within the company help bring the Company back to Walt's vision of Family Entertainment

The same could be said for Walmart too.. Both first started humble, however once greedy people started to call the shots, it all  changed to greed... Sad but true...

4 minutes ago, RaphLuna said:

The same could be said for Walmart too.. Both first started humble, however once greedy people started to call the shots, it all  changed to greed... Sad but true...

Look until Disney actually DOES own MLP and start suing people over that, it's not worth getting upset over. As long as the right people make the overall right calls, Disney is still overall a good company. 

On 3/18/2018 at 2:21 PM, We. said:

Look until Disney actually DOES own MLP and start suing people over that, it's not worth getting upset over. As long as the right people make the overall right calls, Disney is still overall a good company. 

You are right.  not all people are greedy. There are many with a good heart and a kind soul. however you still have a few bad apples that will spoil the bunch. And this is also true too.

On ‎27‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 4:24 PM, Nightmare Muffin said:

1: could you see Disney ever trying to buy out Hasbro, for whatever reason?

2: MLP is acquiring proncess ponies, so Disney might look at FiM and want a piece of that, to make their own. Would mlp snd princess ponies be better under Disney's direction?

3: would all princess ponies get their own Disney movie?

4: given that Disney has more going for it than Hasbro, would their IP be better off in Disney's hands? Would pony stand on the same stage as some of Disney's finer films?

5: would Disney welcome the fandom of bronies they'd be getting if they bought out hasbro and aquired ponies?

1) No.

2) No.

3) Probably

4) No.

5) Unfortunately, no.

I don't want to see MLP Disney branded :okiedokieloki:

Edited by Alex2002ita

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Funtime Splashee said:

Haven't they already? :ooh:

No, they didn't. This topic was made years ago and it's clear that they would never outright buy Hasbro. 

Honestly I'm getting tired of all the fearmongers making it sound like Disney is the consumer of all media. It is extremely unlikely and it's not healthy for people to be focused on the bad possible outcomes of things

Due to the similarities between the MLP Characters and Disney Characters and their lessons about friendship, love and family, I can see Disney and Hasbro doing a crossover like Disney did with Warner Bros characters in Who Framed Roger Rabbit? 

4 hours ago, Will Guide said:

But seriously, if a topic like this hasn't been respond to in over 2 years, let alone 4 years since it was started, then it's pretty obvious it's never going to happen

A topic on this forum being discussed or not has absolutely no bearing on whether or not Disney is currently eyeing up more companies to absorb.  Hasbro does have some attractive properties that I'm sure the mouse would be interested in adding to its own, such as Transformers and of course MLP itself, and Hasbro does have a long a long history of making toys under licence from Disney, and it is not unrealistic to think that Disney might want to bring that capacity under their ownership. The main thing that precludes such an acquisition at the moment is the fact that Disney, fresh from having spent far too much money buying 20th Century Fox, has now had to deal with the pandemic which has resulted in their theme parks being empty for far too long and made releasing films into the cinema a financially risky affair.  Given the current state of Disney's finances it is more likely that Disney itself will be acquired at this point, although I doubt many companies would be willing to take on such a burden in the current climate.