Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the strangest icecream you have tried?

Lil Pip

Durian ice cream. Pale yellowy in color, it carries the well-earned reputation of the King of Fruits. Flavor-wise, it tastes like a raw onion, which is an acquired taste. (I personally like it. ^_^ ) The smell? Like rotten garbage. Now, its smell isn't that strong, but the odor's pungent enough that the people working behind the counter keep a lid on it at all times. :laugh:

Either goat's cheese with plum (definitely a pungently-odored 'acquired taste') or orange marmalade (which had a surprisingly strong/sharp orange flavor compared to several of the other citrus-flavored types I've attempted), although lemongrass with cardamom (virtually no creaminess to its taste, despite being genuine ice cream) and brown bread (as in ice cream with caramelized brown bread chunks) are definitely contenders. 

Not all that strange, perhaps, particularly seeing as I currently live in Japan, but here, you get green tea (macha/matcha) ice-cream. I've had it, and it's a bit weird and somewhat bitter, so yeah... bitter ice-cream. I guess one could get used to it.

Here's one mixed with vanilla:
Cha No Kiminoen - Delicious Matcha Ice Cream And Japanese Tea In ...

Which ya'know, helps balance it out.

Not the strangest but a home made pistachio ice cream made by an Indian. It was the most tastiest thing I have ever tasted. :sunny:

If you are British, you know about this flavour Swizzels brand Parma Violets, now everyone knows them as the old lady perfume sweet, but the ice cream was surprisingly good! There was that and another weird UK flavour Irn Bru... They somehow made Ice cream fizzy... FIZZY!

4 minutes ago, Rainbow Cloud said:

Think the weirdest ice cream flavour I've had was Bubblegum, found the taste really odd but it wasn't bad.

I kind of feel like it tastes like plastic, not that I'd know how plastic would taste like haha.

I believe the strangest I've had was some type of icecream that had somehow integrated fish flavor to it.

• Brohoof 1

Mint:wacko:Cause I got a bit too used to toothpaste taste cause of it's mint flavor that everytime I ate a mint ice cream flavor one,I feel like that I am eating toothpastes:sealed:

I've made tobasco ice cream. It was good and not hot.

On 5/9/2020 at 1:42 AM, Dark Qiviut said:

Durian ice cream. Pale yellowy in color, it carries the well-earned reputation of the King of Fruits. Flavor-wise, it tastes like a raw onion, which is an acquired taste. (I personally like it. ^_^ ) The smell? Like rotten garbage. Now, its smell isn't that strong, but the odor's pungent enough that the people working behind the counter keep a lid on it at all times. :laugh:

I have a fear/fascination with durian. I'd try it sounds so gross.

• 2 weeks later...

Some sort of rainbow unicorn icing ice cream? I'm not sure what it was called, but it was colorful with purple icing lined down through the center. It was really weird and honestly a little too much for me but I still like it.

• 2 months later...

Tomato and lemon. It was bad because the tomato had no sugar in literally just the flavour of tomato sauce blegh. I could hardly eat it :( grr baskin and robbins conned me 

I also had a lot of ice creams in the flavour of flowers like roses and that

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/9/2020 at 1:42 AM, Dark Qiviut said:

Oh, I love durian! It's been a while since I've had it, but I remember it tasting like wafer pudding. 

The strangest ice cream I've had was vanilla with cinnamon, caramel, and bacon. It was delightful. 

• 3 weeks later...