Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

sports Favorite kind of racing!

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

(edited)

V8 Supercars - because of the nostalgia

and

F1 - not as fast as they used to be but damn....I still gotta give props to those drivers.

and

WRC(World Rally Cars) - Because the track is linear and different every time, not the same same old asphalt circuit.

Edited by Rawzy
  • Brohoof 1

I very much enjoy rallycross, especially the amateur circuits. A load of £800, old, beat up cars bashing into each other at high speed on gravel is perhaps the best form of racing entertainment I can think of. Formula 1 to me is a bit like watching paint dry while someone gouges your eyes out with a hammer. They go round. And round. then round again. Once every dozen or so laps someone might attempt an overtake. And with the way it's filmed, it looks like they go about 20 miles an hour. It's the snooker of car sports.

At least they turn right occasionally, though. It's got that one up on nascar. I image they are both probably better to watch in person, too.

Can't forget the red bull soapbox car race, either. Quality entertainment, that, but it's more a time trial than a race. Used to enjoy the Dakar, but they discontinued that. No finer a rally has there ever been. The one in South America can't even compare these days.

(edited)

large.jpg

Part of my childhood right there!

I also like Go kart racing...One of my country's theme parks has a Go kart course and It's pretty sweet. 

Edited by Crescent Light
  • Brohoof 1

Formula 1. Have been a fan since 1996, longer than any other sport I watch and despite the constant complaining from fans, journalists and the drivers themselves, I still find immense enjoyment in it today.

I've been trying to watch different kinds of single seater motorsport in recent years to expand my knowledge, with Formula E, GP2, V8 Supercars and IndyCar being on my radar. Tried watching NASCAR once, not entertained in the slightest, same with DTM, despite both of their popularity.

I also went to the Le Mans Classic a few weeks ago with my Dad and some friends, was fantastic watching all the classic cars go full throttle around the legendary Circuit De Sarthe. Would recommend to any racing fan or petrolhead out there.

• Brohoof 1

It seems the general consensus is that F1 and Indycar is the most popular forms of racing on MLPF. They're awesome and all, but I like endurance more.

Le Mans, that is all.

I also went to the Le Mans Classic a few weeks ago with my Dad and some friends, was fantastic watching all the classic cars go full throttle around the legendary Circuit De Sarthe. Would recommend to any racing fan or petrolhead out there.

The amount of jelly is too damn high.

It seems the general consensus is that F1 and Indycar is the most popular forms of racing on MLPF. They're awesome and all, but I like endurance more.

Le Mans, that is all.

The amount of jelly is too damn high.

Honestly, I have a lot of respect for endurance racing in general, and both the FIA World Endurance Championship and the US-based IMSA Sportscar Championship are great series in their own right. Heck I was a big fan of the sport some years back, though I will admit my interest has waned. Regardless the LMP1 cars are amongst the most impressive racing vehicles on the planet, and would probably make F1 cars blush in a sense.

It's also easy to forget that there is the FIM World Endurance Championship for motorcycles as well; complete with their own 24 Hours of Le Mans. :)

• Brohoof 1

In video games? Whatever you got! Anything from insane stunts to just being a dick to the public (GTA, if you can consider that a type of racing), but real world stuff, then it's a toss up between drift and just straight up destruction derby!

• 2 years later...

NASCAR is my favorite but anymore it’s gotten painfully boring and predictable. :yeahno: I still watch it though...

I also enjoy local dirt and short track races.