Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

web Ever recieved a copyright strike on your Youtube channel?

Grepper

I'm curious if any of you have gotten a copyright strike on your Youtube channel. Also, what was it for?

I fortunately never have. I upload other people's works, but I make sure they don't mind first.

I have received several, though most have been standard copyright claims instead of outright strikes. I did get one strike for a song that was in a game I played, which was immensely annoying because there was no easy way to remove that song from the stream, without a ton of tedious rendering.

• Brohoof 1

No, but then I don't really make videos. Or at least I haven't made a video on my channel in a LONG time. 

However I do know the system is just screwed all to hell. #WTFU exists for a reason after all.

• Brohoof 1

I've received one. When I was ten or so, I decided to make a Let it Go parody, and I put an instrumental version in and sung over it, but then YouTube thought that it was Let it Go in a different language, then I got a copyright strike.

I had one copyright strike a while back. It was from a compilation video of Power Rangers Super Megaforce Legendary Modes. It was taken down immediately, then I had to suffer through 6 months of 15 minute limits. It was torture. No custom thumbnails, cropping videos to under 15 minutes etc.

(edited)

I remember I got a copyright strike on my YouTube account about 5 years ago. It was when I uploaded some anime music videos (amv's). After a few months of them being up I checked my videos and I found out they had copyright claims. This lead to me getting a copyright strike on my channel, so I had to take the videos down. After some time has passed the copyright strike went away.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

I just recently got my first one, it was for a review I made. It's covered under the Fair Use clause so of course I have to fight the company who took it down. It's been 3 weeks since my counter claim and my video still isn't back up. It should've been back up on the 27th. I read further into the process saying it takes between 10-14 business days, so I'll give it a few more days before I do something. Unfortunately I have no idea how to contact Youtube as they don't have an email address anywhere.

This whole Youtube thing is a pain in the ass.

I can remember at least one notification about copyright when I had published a little animation that I spiced up with some music but I can't remember the name of the song. It happened quite many years ago though and I haven't really made that kind of animations lately. 

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Mine was the worst. I got a copyright strike on an extended song which I never even used in the video. Worse still the claimer was a MUSLIM company (Awakening Records), yet here they were making a false claim on a video posted by their Muslim bro in Islam.

As an Islamic-based record company, Awakening Records dislikes when the media talks bad and false statements about Muslims and Islam, yet here they are blatantly being hypocrites and liars.

Seriously, WTF? I had no choice but to delete the video.

Edited by Shabb3r