Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Fantasy RP

Jellal Fernandes

(edited)

(OOC: https://mlpforums.com/topic/152412-fantasy-rp/)

"Is this your card?" the small gathering of children and their parents couldn't help but awe, for the card was indeed the boy's chosen 7 of Diamonds. The crowd clapped and the magician bowed, the bells on his jester's hat jingling. "Now for my next trick..." he began, when the behemoth of a man next to him glowered down at him. "Oh, I do apologize, my companion is getting a bit impatient. Don't worry, folks, we'll be back through this town again one day, I'm sure of it!" he said as he packed up his things into a briefcase that seemed far too small to hold everything, yet it fit perfectly. "Did you see them Ally? They loved me!" "Jack, don't call me that, please, and they ALWAYS love you, you're a magician and a jester, who doesn't love either?" the behemoth replied. "How much did we make today, anyways?" The jester started looking through his coin purse "About 30 gold pieces, enough for a week's rations!" "Good to hear, the next town is quite a ways away, we need all the food we can get." "I hope... he is doing alright, he gets nervous when we leave, you know."

Edited by Jellal Fernandes

@@Jellal Fernandes,

A short distance outside of town

From nowhere a sword thrust itself through the air, cutting downward to open a view into a swirling blackness out of which a knight, clad in all black armor and mounted upon a horse of similar color and armored state, strode through. The tear quickly sealed behind them. The black knight dismounted his horse and began to look through the inconspicuous bags strapped to the horse's sides. "Well, we only have one more shard, so we'll have to find more here or make it back home in one go."

The horse shook it's head and stamped the ground, "And we still haven't found any other members of the order. Who knew the multiverse was so large? Despite that, yes. We'll have to make more shards if we are to continue searching, maybe we'll even find other members of the order here. We best get moving Sir, who knows what this world has in store for us."

The Black Knight re-mounted his horse as it began moving in the direction of what seemed to be a town, maybe they would find help there?

(I'm leaving out a bit of description here, but their current state is just about exactly as I described in the OOC.)

(edited)

"Banner, are you done?" "Shut up for a second...I think the shard is missing" "Celestia dammit" Banner was checking her bag in an ally near the exit of the town "You know I picked it up when you dropped it when we were getting food" "Why didn't you tell me!?" "Because you need to keep track of things better...P.S. I'm keeping the shard" Banner got up from the ground as Chain was already about to exit the ally "We still need to figure out how a good way to get money is in this world, we spent the last of ours on the food we got" "Fine...to town square right?" "Yep" They started walking to the aforementioned place

Edited by Yoshikupo

Blitz sighed as he packed up the camp he and Gale had set up the night before. There was a town near the area where they had slept, and both were thankful that no one had found them. The neko then pushed his glasses up and glanced at his companion. "We should probably get some supplies. While I like the taste of raw fish, I still need to find a way to practice my strengths." He said.

The dragoness gave a slight nod and stretched her wings. "Fine, just try not to get in to much trouble." She said, before giving a light smile and flying into the air. The dragoness normally hunted while Blitz went into town, but she figured it would be best if she just followed him this one time.

Blitz smiled slightly as he watched his companion fly into the air, before donning a hooded cloak and walking towards the town. While he couldn't remember what had happened before he had met Gale, he figured it would be best not to show his face.

Shana looked up towards the sun as she stood in the town square. She had to say, it was a pleasant day. It would be better if she didn't have town guards closely following her from behind. She pretended not to notice them and went about her business. She would be travelling again in a day or two so needed a little special something for the road. ​'Human blood. It tastes dirty, metallic and bitter. But it's blood non the less. Where's an inn? They're always a good place.' Her train of thoughts wondered as she started her search around the area for an inn. Judging from how the town was built and where she was, it shouldn't take too long.

The two were had there helmets on as they started asking around about what they should do for money until Banner started getting annoyed at people not listening to them. "I think we should split up, I mean this is taking way to long with just us" "What do you suggest I go?" "Look there is a market near where we entered, go there while I stay here" Chain agreed and went off.

@@Child Of Darkness,

Banner was looking around and trying to avoid looking at the guards who were near a person. I'll just ignore them and when the guards are gone I'll continue.

Kyubi skillfully maneuvered a small throwing knife through her fingers as she looked around the town. While she may have been blind, she had learned to adapt over time and her senses had enhanced over time due to the lack of a need for one sense. "What did they even want me to do." She muttered to herself.

Orion watched the skies as he flew within the confines of the lightning storm he was inhabiting. He was somewhere over the ocean, but could see land not to far off in the distance. The dragon then entered a shallow dive and eventually landed on the beach.

Meanwhile, in the forest outside of town, a young man was playing fetch with a pack of rather large wolves, each about the size of a horse. These were not ordinary wolves, but dire wolves, vicious creatures with little to no regard as to what they hunt. Why they were playing fetch with a human was beyond anyone's guess.

Allendune and Jack began heading towards the market to pick up food, then they would continue their travels to various rebellion locations, as well as visiting the Vilum and Maegon to spread political discourse regarding their own kingdom. Maegon and Vilum had already created an alliance, and both distrusted Idalum for very understandable reasons.

(edited)

Shana was getting fed up with the guards eyes constantly following her around. Simply because she was not a human, she was instantly thought of as a threat. Well, they're right to worry, but that is beyond the point. She would never get anything done like this. She needed to get rid of them, and she had a plan to so just that. While walking down the streets she took a stop just before an ally way, looking around over her shoulder to give the impression she was up to no good, she walked into the ally way and round a corner, out of sight of the guards.

Just as planned, one of the guards was sent to follow her. Shana climbed a bit up a wall as to be out of his sight a waited for him to come around. Once the guard did, she could see the confusion on his face from up where she was. The ally she walked into was a dead end, but she was nowhere to be seen. Anyone would be confused. As the guard walked further down the ally way, Shana climbed down from the walls, blocking his escape. With her not being in direct contact with the sun, her powers are working as best as they can be during day time. Should could easily take care of one weak willed guard.

"Nothing? What in the world is going on? Vanishing Neko's. what's next?" 'What, what is that feeling? Why do I feel something behind me. I feel terrified to move.'

After seeing that the guard was almost paralysed by hear presence when using her Vampire powers, she deducted he must be very weak. Maybe she got lucky this time with her draw. She spoke in a rather high tone, one that sounded happy, innocent and almost childish. Completely different from the aura she emitted. "Oh? This much an effect from just by my being here? You must be new to this job. Well, no complaints from me. Hahaha." Shana quickly repositioned herself in front of the guard, keeping that large smile spread across her face. The guard reeled back and fell to the ground, still unable to rightfully move or yell for aid. While taking in what he was facing, he made the mistake of making eye contact with Shana. "Got you." Shana crouched on top of the guard, bringing her eyes close to his. "You're going to listen to what I say. It is in your best interests to do so. You know that don't you?"

The life in the guards eyes seemed to drain away, as he slowly stopped panicking and become more relaxed. Shana had just brainwashed him into becoming a temporary servant husk. "You go and tell your captain that I don't seem to be suspicious, so it's a waste of time following me. Do that for me."

"At once."

The guard did just that. Returning from the ally, relaying the message as he had been instructed. It worked as intended as the guards moved on to another area. Shana emerged from the ally way once they had moved on and restarted he search. Now with a lot more freedom. 

Edited by Child Of Darkness

As they approached the town it became quite apparent that it did not seem to be some alternate Equestria like many of the others had been. The presence of humans all but confirmed their suspicions. "Let's not tip off that you're not ordinary until we know more about this place." The horse gave a slight nod.

The Black Knight dismounted once they reached the edge of the city, and he proceeded on foot leading Midnight behind him as if he were a regular horse. His imposing visage would turn many heads, but he wouldn't seem too far out of the ordinary to attract the wrong kind of attention, hopefully. He headed in the direction of what he hoped would be a market to see if he could learn about where they had ended up this time.

@@Illiad Easle,

Chain was asking around about the current crisis, most just walked away or gave no helpful advice. Chain sighed. I wish there was someone like a warrior to talk to about this...speak of the devil. Chain looked in front of him to see a man in black armor around the market. Chain walked up to him "Hey, will you listen to me? No one else will and I'm new to this area, I was wondering if you could help try to find a way to get coins without settling down in a town like this" Chain hoped that the knight had an answer

@@Child Of Darkness,

Banner tried to look away but couldn't stop glancing back. She saw the lady go into the ally with the guard and then the guard walk out a little later. The look on the guards face when he left was different than when he went in, very different, like he was emotionless. It was to dark in the ally, she couldn't see anything that happened in there though. Banner felt something was off about the women when she left the ally. Banner made glaces at her every so often. Banner felt like she should approach her but just couldn't just say 'I saw you and the guard in that ally then the guard leaves like nothing was wrong, what was up with that?' If she did then she wouldn't know what would happen so keeping an eye on her was the only thing she could do.

(edited)

@Child Of Darkness

Blitz wasn't really paying attention to where he was going, figuring that he would just walk around town for a bit before heading to the market and then back to Gale so they could move on to the next place the wind would take them. "I wonder if we could go to some of the other countries. Maybe that could help." He thought, referring to his memories or lack thereof. The neko was immediately brought out of his thoughts when he ran into a short girl with silver hair as he rounded a corner. "Oh, sorry about that. I should've paid more attention to where I was going." He said. From what he could tell, the girl was a neko like him, which was strange given the way humans have been acting recently toward any creature other than themselves. While he didn't notice it, a bit of his hood had also moved back, uncovering a pointed ear.

Edited by Drago Ryder

(edited)

@@Yoshikupo

The Black Knight looked down at the one who addressed him. It was a curious creature, just a bit unlike the rest of the humanoids he had encountered thus far. "You look familiar, yet not quite. Not you specifically that is, but rather your race. But I digress, I am actually new to this town as well and was wondering those same questions. Perhaps together we might have better success?"

Midnight took a special interest in Chain's vaguely pony-esque appearance, he might be a fellow dimensional wanderer, potentially an ally on this world to get off of it.

Edited by Illiad Easle

@@Illiad Easle,

My...race? Does this world know about my kind or something? He did say familiar and not exactly though. Here I thought armor would cover up my identity, my helmet even has a spell to make my horn smaller, decreases magic but makes better cover. Chain thought to himself "I think that would be a great idea, if you have anything you need to do here I can show you a few places, I'm new to the area but this market is basically the place I know here" Chain said with a grin that was covered by his helmet "After this we can meet up with my friend Banner, I just hope she stayed in place and didn't wonder off"

Banner was looking from afar at the women and man that had bumped into each other

@@Drago Ryder, Shana lost her balance a little and stumbled a little backwards after being bumped into. Regaining her composure, she was a little surprised at getting an apology out of someone. But after taking in a good look of this person, the fact that he too was of the same species as her made this encounter all the more unusual. But it was in an acceptable way. "Oh? I'm surprised. Another Neko has found their way into the town. Well how about that. With how human settlements are nowadays, moving from place to place is an absolute pain. Not everyday I see another a non human, rarer still one of my race. But manners." Shana stretched out her hand to greet the new person. "The name is Shanalott Windbreaker. Sell sword by trade under the, slightly annoying nickname Loli Rose, you can call me Shana. Rolls off of the--"

@@Yoshikupo

Shana cut herself off mid sentence, feeling more eyes fixated on her. It shouldn't be a guard, so she knew a way to make the situation awkward. With a single motion of her head, she tilted to face towards Banner and started staring directly into her eyes. Not moving, not saying anything, just smiling as she always does.

@@Child Of Darkness,

She...saw me? Shit. Banner thought as she was being stared at directly in the eyes. Wait, I think I can clear this up. Banner walked over to the two "I just heard a loud noise from over here and saw you two, I was just looking to see if you were ok" She explained feeling her heart beat calm "Since you are, I'll just go" She started to leave the two

@@Yoshikupo,

The Black Knight shrugged, "I don't have any better leads, so even a little bit of familiarity would be a great help to me. What I need is something I'm not likely to find in this sort of market, though I could easily be wrong. I don't know much about this place so I wouldn't know what is considered typical market fare. Back home they didn't sell powerful artifacts on the street though, so I would assume here is not too much different.

@@Illiad Easle,

"What 'powerful artifact' are we talking about" Chain looked around to see if anyone was hearing them but saw most just glancing and looking away "If its magical...you'll never find it in a market, I have been here long enough to know that magic is almost outlawed, as well as other races than human. I mean why do you think I wear my full attire normally around? This helmet feels like crap but if people saw me with a magical horn then they would freak" Chain said as he got closer to The Black Knight's ear

@@Yoshikupo,

The Black Knight turned to look at Chain, "Good to know." He turned back towards the market, "I'm looking for dimensional shards, as many as I can gather, though it seems they'll be particularly hard to find here then. We may just have to look elsewhere."

He turned back towards Chain, speaking a bit softer than before, "I would know better than most that armor doesn't quite hide everything you'd want it to. Though in your case, you'll be fine unless there are others around here that don't see with their eyes."

"Now, you said something about a friend?

(edited)

@Child Of Darkness @Yoshikupo

Blitz nodded slightly and shrugged. "Yeah. A friend and I were camping nearby and we needed some supplies. Thankfully nothing of interest has happened yet." He said. "My name is Blitz, by the way." The neko was somewhat nervous about sharing his name, but figured that he could trust Shana. He then noticed Banner and couldn't recall seeing something like her.

Gale watched the three from the clouds and narrowed her eyes at Shana. She didn't know what, but she could tell based off instinct that something wasn't right.

Edited by Drago Ryder

@@Illiad Easle, @@Drago Ryder,

"Yes, Banner, she's basically my warrior as I provide support with my spear" He explained "She came up with the idea of splitting up to gain more ground with are question, reason why we ask is that we just ran out of cash" Chain sighed "I can show you where she is just follow m-" He cut himself off as he saw Banner awkwardly fleeing from a neko and a man "Why is she here?" Chain catches up to Banner "Is something wrong?" "I feel like that neko girl is something more then just a cat girl, or my hunches are wrong, that could also be the case...she saw me looking at her and just stared at me and smiled. That's why I was over there, to make an excuse" Banner noticed The Black Knight "Who is this guy?"

Kyubi could hear a few conversations going on around her and while two of them caught her interest, there was no point in simply butting in. "Hopefully something interesting happens soon. I could use some excitement right about now." She thought to herself.

Orion sighed as he looked around. He had already eaten his fill when he had landed, and there was no point in staying in the area. "I guess a bit of flying wouldn't hurt." He thought to himself, before taking back off into the air and heading in a random direction inland.

@@Yoshikupo,

The Black Knight gave a slight bow, "Forgive me, I neglected to introduce myself. I am the Black Knight, though the name likely means very little to you."

@@Child Of Darkness

He looked over where Banner had come from in an attempt to see what she was referring to, the glowing orbs where his eyes would be in his helmet seemed to narrow, "Something that seems to be more than it looks like? Much like yourselves then though I can see why it would be something worth being wary of.

@@Illiad Easle,

"Oh, I never said my name either, my name is Chain and I already told you Banner's name" Chain looks over to Banner "So did you find out anything?" Banner thought for a second "Well someone said something about becoming sell swords and that there should be a bulletin board in every town where people post stuff on it, I grabbed a few things that looked like they could be in are direction" Banner showed a bunch of papers, some describing beasts, others looked like fetch quests, and there was a very strange one that looked to be in another language "Why is this here?" He pointed to the paper with the other language "Oh, I'll just get rid of this" "No...I'll keep it" Banner was confused but handed it over. "Oh and thank Cel- God that you think its something to worry about, I second guess my self sometimes on that stuff" Banner said looking at The Black Knight.

@@Yoshikupo,

The Black Knight looked away from the neko and back towards the pair. "In my opinion Celestia is the least deserving of any thanks here, at least my Celestia wasn't. You have the speech pattern of a typical Equestrian and given the others here don't look much like you two I'd hazard a guess that you two aren't exactly from around here. Perhaps we have more in common than I had initially anticipated."

Midnight gave a slight smile, one that would only be noticed if anyone was looking at him. It certainly confirmed a few of his suspicions at least.