Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Fantasy RP

Jellal Fernandes

(edited)

Allendune and Jack had made their way into the market. They truly stood out from the crowd, Jack dressed in his very bright jester's attire and his mask, similar in style to those made in Venice, and the behemoth of a man that Allendune was, they truly were out of the ordinary, the fact that the two were together made it seem all the more odd. "Let's just get the food and go," Allendune said gruffly. "Why don't we pick up something for our friend? He likes to read, perhaps we should pick up a book?" Jack said, as though they had nothing important to do, which was partially true. It would be better if they went unnoticed, perhaps.

Edited by Jellal Fernandes

@@Drago Ryder, Shana scoffed as the, odd looking person walked away. Spouting off excuses as to why she had been looking at them. She didn't believe her for a second though.

"Welcome, I suppose I should say welcome to this town Blitz. Though I would say that staying around here longer than you have any need to is a bad idea, what with the way humans view our species. Consider yourself lucky to bump into me, I know this town a little so tell me what you need and I'll be nice and help you out."

@@Illiad Easle,

"So you know everything about that...well I bet you know were dimensional travelers as well, right?" Banner asked as Chain glared at her "Don't just say that out loud" "Sorry but he probably knew from when he saw you, our armor looks slightly different to fit us...its still amazing how her abilities could make this armor fit us no matter what" Banner explained To The Black Knight. Banner looked at the horse next to the Black Knight "Let me guess...somethings up with your horse as well?"

@@Yoshikupo,

The Black Knight looked over at his horse then back at the pair, "We had a hunch, but it seems we were on the right track with you two. As to Midnight here, there are quite a few things different about him from a typical horse, and yes he's been traveling dimensionally with me. His armor helps in a few of the same ways yours do if that answers your question.

Midnight's helmet was designed to hide the fact that his eyes were much larger than the typical horse's

(edited)

@Child Of Darkness

Blitz nodded slightly and felt his lips form a light smile. "A friend and I were just camping nearby and I needed to learn a bit more about certain subjects." He said, feeling his body tense up. The neko could feel magic flowing under the skin of his palms. "Aside from that, I probably won't stay in town for very long. I guess you could say that I'm just a wanderer."

Edited by Drago Ryder

@Drago Ryder

"So you're the wondering type? Can't really say I'm all too surprised. Anyway, you said you wanted to learn more about certain subjects? Since I'm here and was not really doing anything all too important, I'd be more than willing to lend you a hand. Considering it a favor from one nonhuman to the next. So anything in particular you wanted to know about?"

Jack was dealing with a merchant, and as he went to grab his coin purse he noticed it was gone. "Hey Allendune, my coi- Allendune?" Allendune had already laid his eyes on the thief, nothing special about him, just some man. Allendune grabbed the man by the back of his shirt and held him up. "I'll be taking that coinpurse back, thank you very much." If no one had been paying attention to them before, they would be now.

@Child Of Darkness

Blitz nodded slightly and looked around, making sure that no one would eavesdrop. "Considering the fact that we share the same species, I think it's probably safe to tell you that I know a bit of magic." He whispered. The neko didn't really think it would be important to inform Shana about his memory loss just yet, though. That would come with time.

@Jellal Fernandes

It didn't take long for Gale to notice the scene going on in the market, and simply rolled her eyes. "The depths humans go to ascertain wealth is surprising." She thought to herself. The dragoness wouldn't intervene unless it was necessary, though. She still needed to make sure Blitz didn't get himself killed.

@Drago Ryder

Shana brought her voice down to a near whisper, moving in slightly closer to Blitz before speaking again. "I'd refrain from mentioning magic this out in the open if I was you. The Knights and the Holy Paladin's hunt down rouge magic users on orders on an Inquisition. Lucky for me I've managed to get the guards off of my back. But as for you, not so much. The Knights and Paladin's will still investigate any tracers of rouge magic. I can already sense the magic gathering in your hand, disperse that as soon as you can. If we're going to be talking about forbidden topics, best we do it somewhere hidden and less public. Otherwise we should not talk about magic at all."

@@Jellal Fernandes,

The Black Knight heard a commotion across the market and saw a large man holding up a smaller man. Certainly nothing good could come from that. "That doesn't look good."

He started making his way through the crowd, easy given the crowd seemed to part before him. Him looking like a knight likely helped in that regard. He folded his arms across his chest as he approached the hold up, "Alright, what's going on here?"

(edited)

@Jellal Fernandes @Illiad Easle

Kyubi looked out a window from the inn and could tell that something wasn't right. The dark elf could book a room later and went to investigate, eventually finding herself in the market. She could tell a few others were there, and found a bit of interest in the suit of armor.

Orion could see a town in the distance as he flew, and moved higher into the air. The last thing he wanted was to be seen.

Edited by Acnologia

@@Illiad Easle@@Acnologia,

"This man stole my friend's coinpurse," Allendune said as Jack skipped his way over to the three. The man in question quickly returned the coinpurse to Jack, who started waving his finger in the man's face. "Now, now, didn't your mother ever tell you not to steal?" Allendune promptly set the thief down, "Go on then, get out of here before I change my mind on what to do with you." The two turned to face the Black Knight. "I'm Allendune," "And I'm Jack." "At your service," the last part said in unison and with a bow from each of them.

@@Jellal Fernandes,

The pair seemed suspicious, but he didn't have any grounds to accuse them. The Black Knight stared at them for a few long moments, seemingly evaluating them, before he shrugged. "As you were then." He then turned back the way he had came and made his way back through the crowd to his horse.

@@Yoshikupo,

He approached where he left the other pair of strange individuals, "So, you were saying?

@@Jellal Fernandes, @@Illiad Easle,

Chain and Banner saw what was happening as well but didn't follow The Black Knight "Well I was about to bring up how we should probably leave town or find a place to rest, but I think going early would be better considering the crisis we are at" Banner is looking throw the papers she grabbed "Ah-ha! There it is, if we go the way we are then we will be hitting 3 quests, gathering a ton of elf root, slaying a pesky wolf pack, and also get a lost child out of there...I think we can pull that off, plus the reward for all of them is 450g"  "Sweet, what do you think Black Knight?" Chain said with a smile to him

@@Yoshikupo,

The Black Knight looked towards Midnight, who nodded, before turning back to the pair. "Sounds good to me, seems an easy enough way to get some funds at least and those quests don't sound too particularly difficult. I'd be happy to help you two for a share of the reward.

(edited)

Now that Jack had his coinpurse back, he returned to the merchant and finished up his business with him. He grabbed the bag of food and put it into his briefcase. He then retrieved what appeared to be a small bag, a card deck holder, and a stereotypical magician's wand. He attached the first two items to his belt and held the wand in his right hand as his briefcase shrunk to a size small enough to fit into his coinpurse. "I'd suggest you go inside, things might get a bit... hectic," Jack said. The permanent smile on the mask made him seem like a madman.

@@Illiad Easle@@Yoshikupo@@Acnologia@@Child Of Darkness@@Drago Ryder,

Agravain pulled from his satchel a masterfully crafted horn, no doubt Elven made by it's beautiful craftsmanship. He brought it to his lips and blew on it. Several war cries could be heard as almost 100 arrows came over the town walls, hitting no one besides the town guards. Not a single townsman was injured. Shortly after this, several grappling hooks came over the walls, and up came several Elven rangers. At the same time as this, a few Elven knights came running in through the entrances of the town. It was then that Allendune put away the horn and drew his glaive and shield, and Jack ran to his side, the wand extending into a quarterstaff.

(Elven Ranger: http://yamaorce.deviantart.com/art/Sathe-Arkona-comm-546181563)

(Elven Knight: http://kailyze.deviantart.com/art/Elvish-armor-505486031)

(edited)

@@Acnologia, @@Illiad Easle, @@Jellal Fernandes, @@Child Of Darkness, @@Drago Ryder,

"What the hell!" Banner yelled seeing the Elven forces at the gate. She gripped her weapon and so did Chain but then almost thought about the same thing at the same time "Lets see if The guards can deal with this" They said in unison then looked at each other for a second wondering how that happened  "Anyway, lets find a way to wait this out or something, they may not be here to kill the people but to take the town...I generally don't care about who run it as were just traveling but if they try to hurt any innocents" "They also have to deal with us" Banner chimed in "What do you think Knight? I think we could hide over there" Chain pointed to a house where people were gathering inside, way more than one family "Whatever we do we shouldn't be out here like sitting ducks"

Edited by Yoshikupo

@Child Of Darkness @Jellal Fernandes

Blitz nodded and dispersed the magic. He was about to speak when he heard the war horn, and he felt his magic becoming slightly more agitated. "Sorry, but I'll have to get back to you on that." He said, before running into an alley and climbing up the building. He then gave a sharp whistle that seemed to reverberate through the air.

One of Gale's earplates flicked as she heard the noise and went to land next to her companion. "Get on." She said.

Blitz didn't speak as he did as he was told. He didn't have his usual flight apparel on, so he would just have to make die with a cloak. Once he was on, the dragoness flew into the air and into the clouds, looking for anything to shoot.

@Jellal Fernandes @Illiad Easle @Yoshikupo

Kyubi didn't need to see to know what was going on. She could tell just from the sound of arrows hitting metal that the city was being invaded by elves. She didn't really know how they would react to seeing a dark elf, so it would be best to just hide for the time being. The dark elf then glanced at the black knight, Chain, and Banner. "Do you mind if I join you?" She asked.

Orion was surprised to say the least that he hadn't been able to see the elves until the moment they attacked and also noticed a black mass with a smaller figure on it's back. "That couldn't be her, could it?" He thought to himself. The dragon knew that this wasn't his fight, but he also knew that innocent people could possibly die. He could see archers on the outside of the wall, and knew that those would be the most deadly should they get a lucky shot at him. The dragon then dove out of the clouds and gave a screeching roar, before firing a stream of electricity at any elf with a bow. If they were in a group, the electricity could easily pass in between the bodies.

Upon hearing the horn, the man playing fetch with the dire wolves turned towards the city. He extended his arm in the direction of the city, to which the wolves started making their way. A heavenly golden glow enveloped the man, who then bolted at an extreme speed towards the city. He flew up to greet the dragon who had just attacked the Elves, hovering just in front of him and staring him straight in the eyes. "Leave the Elves," he said. "As odd as it may seem, they wish to bring peace to the three kingdoms."

Meanwhile, on the ground, several Elves fell off of the walls, only to be replaced by more. "Damn," Allendune muttered. He then ran forward and pierced a few guards through the chest with his glaive, knocking another to the ground with his shield. The Elven rangers continued shooting guards, and the Elven Knights summoned mystical blades into their hands, charging into the town barracks to stop the flow of guards, cutting down any who attempted to enter the battle. Jack, meanwhile, teleported around the battlefield, causing mass chaos among the guards. He then cast an illusion on a group of guards to make them think that the others were Jack, causing them to attack their allies until only one guard remained, whom Jack threw a razor card into his throat.

(edited)

@@Jellal Fernandes,@@Yoshikupo, @@Acnologia, @@Drago Ryder,  @@Child Of Darkness,

The Black Knight had his great sword in hand once the arrows flew over the walls. He mounted Midnight soon after
the first of the guards fell. Over his shoulder he spoke to the pair and the elf that had joined them, "Get yourselves and the citizens to safety, we'll deal with this."

He rode off on Midnight to where he spotted Jack from earlier, "I knew there was something suspicious about you two, explain yourself." He had his sword drawn and the red glow to his faceplate seemed more intense than usual.

Edited by Illiad Easle

@@Acnologia,

Chain saw both there new friend dart off and another person asking if they could join in on there plan "Yeah, sure, I mean people are already gathered in the building so lets go!" Banner followed Chain to the building where the people were "Hey if your going to be in this little group for the time being, how about telling us your name" Banner asked Kyubi while still running to the building "My name if Banner and he is Chain" Banner pointed to Chain as he reached the building and went inside

(edited)

@@Illiad Easle,

"Ah, yes, my good sir, as we have told you, I am Jack, and he is Allendune, two of the leading officers of the resistance. 'Which resistance is that?' you might find yourself asking, why it is the Grand Magic Resistance, formed by underground mages, a few townsfolk who were tired of King Fenrir's rule, as well as select members of Maegon and Vilum's high councils. We've been planning our rebellion for months, seeding towns with spies and soldiers, spreading the good word of the Resistance. We plan to unify the kingdoms and end the petty squabbles between them. King Fenrir wishes to start a war against Maegon and Vilum, you know, so we decided we'd start it first, and give them a different enemy to fight, avoid invasion of any innocent cities. If you haven't noticed, no civilians have been injured by our allies. If you wish to know more, here's a pamphlet," Jack said as he handed the Black Knight a pamphlet. "Anyways, we can reconvene when the fighting is over, should you be interested." With that, Jack resumed fighting off a few guards alongside Allendune.

At the same time, the dire wolves made their entrance, slaughtering the guards remaining at the entrances of the town.

@@Jellal Fernandes,

The Black Knight and similarly Midnight were torn in the situation. On the one hand these actions were clearly in violation of the local laws, thus potentially unjust. On the other, if this King Fenrir were himself unjust, then the laws he had set down may too be unjust and thus to rebel against them would be the potentially just action.

A small mass of black smoke amassed in the hand that held the pamphlet, allowing him to read it without taking his 'eyes' off the pair as they resumed their fighting. "Their cause intrigues me, perhaps this is our purpose here."

@@Yoshikupo,@@Acnologia,  

He and Midnight turned back towards the house that Chain and Banner had taken refuge in, he would pass the pamphlet off to them to see what they thought about the idea. There was usually much treasure to gain in a war after all. They quickly reached the house and called out to the pair. "Hey! They gave me this pamphlet about what's going on. You guys want to take a look at it?"

@Jellal Fernandes @Yoshikupo@Illiad Easle

Orion glared at the man in front of him, but didn't attack just yet. "Right. Potentially starting a war is going to bring peace. Care to explain how that would work? I haven't been around other species." He deadpanned.

Kyubi nodded slightly as Banner spoke and used the sound of her own voice as a form of echolocation. "It's nice to meet you. My name is Kyubi." She said. The dark elf didn't want to reveal what she was just yet, though. Dark elves didn't have a very good reputation with other species and the current events would only make things worse for her.