Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why are so many bronies leaving?

SilverStarApple

(edited)

People lose interest in things over time.

For example, I still watch MLP, but it doesn't interest me as much as it used to back in late 2014 when I first became a brony. Back then there were so many episodes for me to watch, fan works to listen to and view...

Now I've pretty much seen it all, and it's not as fun as it once was.

Edited by Grepper
  • Brohoof 2

This happens in every fandom, the old members leave, and their spots are filled by new faces. Our fandom certainly isn't an exception to this.

In my opinion, I think people tend to worry too much about this, as several other users on this thread said, we only notice the ones who leave, and not the ones who come in and fill their space. I don't think the fandom is dying, this is just normal cycling.

• Brohoof 2

I think when MLP first came out,  it just got ODed on and hyped over and tons of bronies become born in the the first waves and few years of the show.   Now that things have gotten slow,   bronies are main stream and its more of a "ok"  and "norm" in some areas,   well some fans might have just joined for the hype and those who ODed and everything was OMG I LOVE MLP! Well just burned out sadly and moved on.    Me I like MLP but its not my whole "fandom"  which Ima part of many from comics to anime and books and games,  so I find balance and don't ODed on fandoms and can still enjoy them in dips here and there.

Because you're paying most of your attention to those who are already in the fandom and deciding to leave. What about those new folks that are constantly joining?

Well coming from a newcomer, I think that the amount of Bronies leaving is negligible compared to the ones whom stay or just recently joined. Sure we've may see some leave but new ones join too.

• Brohoof 1

Wait...I haven't left the forums...yet.  :blush: 

Speaking only for myself, I admit my participation here has declined dramatically.  I think it's due to two things.  One, my infatuation with the show has faded although it's still one of my favorite programs.  And two, life has thrown me for a loop lately.  There's a good deal of uncertainty in my world right now and I'm hardly enjoying any of the things I normally take pleasure in.  MLP is just one thing I've been neglecting lately.  Hopefully things will settle down soon.  Believe me, I'm trying not to become the kind of statistic threads like these talk about.  >_> 

But in a more general sense, fandoms like these are known for turnover.  Many if not most members seem to fall out only to be replaced by new ones.  Really nothing new about that.  :derp: 

• Brohoof 1

Well, it's sort of the way of things with fandoms. But like others have said, many new people are also joining. And to be honest, I don't really think that the fact that "My Little Pomy" is less searched on Google now really means much. There weren't really a lot of Google searches involved in my story of joining the fandom, although I'm sure there was at least one. My point is there's more than one way to discover the show.

Fandoms lose members all the time, and gain new ones. I've entered and left fandoms before. Like it or not, the series as it is now is quite different from how it was when it started. Plus, the novelty and shock value of guys watching a show for little girls has since waned considerably. Also, season 6 is shaping up to be a more slice of lifey season than usual, and that's rubbing some of the fans of more actiony and involved subplots the wrong way, so even fans who hopped on the bandwagon during seasons 4 and 5 might not be super keen on the latest season. As for whether the fandom is shrinking...the jury's still out, and it's easier to notice established members leaving than new ones coming in. It seems to me that the fandom is still going strong, but my sympathies go out to those of you who have lost touch with friends who have left the fandom.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I think they aren't actually a brony and also they sign up out of curiosity. Why i am saying this ? Because everyday i check the birthday panel on the top right side of the site and i see the members who signed years ago and they weren't log in since the day they signed up, unfortunately... Sometimes we may loss blood but our family is growing each day and we gain great bronies. So, i don't think the fandom is dying, never will be '''

Edited by Rainbow Mika

I can only speak for myself, so I almost left, because of shifting interest, I have been a furry for a decade before I joined the bronies, after Zootopia new furries and old furries became active, with something so new and refreshing, it attracted me to both the Zootopia and furry fandom. MLP has gotten increasingly stale, as I began to notice recycled plots and tired character development, even the songs have gotten less inspiring, fan music has gotten scarce too, I have not added new songs to my playlist for two years, so Friendship is Magic has lost my attention, I only linger around for my friends, I have made here, they are a good lot, my excitement may have wavered, only time will tell if we can last.

Some people might be losing interest ,some say they leave because they need to "grow up".
But yeah many are leaving the fandom.
I stay around because I like MLP and people are very nice.
But sometimes a fandom can ruin a relationship.
I know because an ex of mine only fapped to ponies,and was more interested in ponies than his own gf.
Some people have an excessive love for certain fandoms.

• Brohoof 1