Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Guy with a plushie - reactions/thoughts?

It's not exactly an easy way of showing off one's interest in ponies. It's kind of distracting actually and odd to carry around something so big. It's an out of context openness that probably generates a lot of that negativity.

• Brohoof 1

I mean, is it NECESSARY for him to carry that plushie around? Sure, I'd kind of congratulate him for having the guts to carry that around but there's really no reason to. It brings unnecessary hate and doesn't prove any points whatsoever.

• Brohoof 3

ok honestly??????
If I saw this guy in public I'd make sure to stay fifty feet away from him at all times. I don't mind if you have plushies, heck, I have a few myself. But unless this guy needs to carry that huge Pinkie Pie plush as a coping method for something, then yikes. You're right, I don't know his situation. Would I mock him? Nah. But I'd definitely wouldn't approach him. Carry them around at cons or smth. Even if he was doing this with a jumbo plush for an anime or show, I'd be weirded out.

We should all take our plushies and go out in public and take a pic in support of him! 

no thanks

• Brohoof 4

Seriously? SERIOUSLY?? Please tell me you are kidding. You watch a show called MY LITTLE PONY, and we in this fandom try to show people how this show is not just some show for little kids and you say this about the guy? Really?

You know what I think about this guy? Right on! it is a cute plushie and he likes it, so embrace it! It could be a thing of comfort for him or he just likes the plushie, so he should be fully allowed to have it with him if he wants. I am not religious, in fact I don't like religion much, but I don't go around hating people because they have a crucifix as a necklace, which I shall remind you, that is a symbol of a guy being nailed to wood as he dies. I am pretty sure I could look at that person and tell him how 'weird' that is, but I don't and I won't/

He has a bit of a point. Take a moment and forget the fact that it's an MLP plushie. Anyone in general just carrying around a plushie is a bit odd. Unless you're at a fair. Then it's probably a prize.

• Brohoof 1

You know there's so many assumptions on this picture with a lack of context. What I can pick up from the pic is that he's probably in a college class and has a Pinkie plushie. There could be a hundred reasons why he has it with him, but the thing is he doesn't even need one of them. He's an adult, he can do what he wants. And he has more courage than most people I know, myself included.

You do you man, don't let anyone tell you how to live your life! :)

• Brohoof 5

He has a bit of a point. Take a moment and forget the fact that it's an MLP plushie. Anyone in general just carrying around a plushie is a bit odd. Unless you're at a fair. Then it's probably a prize.

But why? I have a strong feeling that anyone that finds this to be 'weird' would not be able to provide me with any actually good reasoning to why it is so strange for someone to have a plushie like that. I have heard some say that it is the fact that he is in public that makes it weird, but what harm is that doing exactly? Why exactly is it a problem? I have seen so many responses here like "WOW, that is so weird and I don't think he should do that!" with no proper reasoning whatsoever.

Makes me sad, because I thought this fandom was into being open minded and whatnot. Oh well.

ok honestly??????

If I saw this guy in public I'd make sure to stay fifty feet away from him at all times. I don't mind if you have plushies, heck, I have a few myself. But unless this guy needs to carry that huge Pinkie Pie plush as a coping method for something, then yikes. You're right, I don't know his situation. Would I mock him? Nah. But I'd definitely wouldn't approach him. Carry them around at cons or smth. Even if he was doing this with a jumbo plush for an anime or show, I'd be weirded out.

And reading this, really depresses me.

• Brohoof 2

I have a strong feeling that anyone that finds this to be 'weird' would not be able to provide me with any actually good reasoning to why it is so strange for someone to have a plushie like that.

By that logic, wearing your underpants as a hat is normal since there is no good reasoning to why it is strange. 

• Brohoof 2

By that logic, wearing your underpants as a hat is normal since there is no good reasoning to why it is strange. 

Okay then, what harm is he doing then? Can YOU provide a proper reason? Other than 'lol he's too old lol'. Because I haven't heard ANYTHING other than that.

Okay then, what harm is he doing then? Can YOU provide a proper reason? Other than 'lol he's too old lol'. Because I haven't heard ANYTHING other than that.

No, I can't. But "he's too old" is more than enough reason for me. 

The real question should be, 'Would you be secure enough in yourself and your fandom to defend this guy in public from all the haters? Or would you say nothing? Or would you join in with the haters?'

If I were to see this guy I would give him a high five and a *GASP!* 'Yay' Fluttershy style! And if anyone gave him flack about it, darn right I would tell them to leave him alone!

• Brohoof 5

But why? I have a strong feeling that anyone that finds this to be 'weird' would not be able to provide me with any actually good reasoning to why it is so strange for someone to have a plushie like that. I have heard some say that it is the fact that he is in public that makes it weird, but what harm is that doing exactly? Why exactly is it a problem? I have seen so many responses here like "WOW, that is so weird and I don't think he should do that!" with no proper reasoning whatsoever.

Weird is not the same as saying that it brings harm. Finding something weird is finding something to be unfamiliar. 

I would make the argument that it is weird that he is possibly going around with it in public. But I bear no resentment towards him for that. It's just weird to me, unfamiliar and kinda bizarre. 

• Brohoof 3

No, I can't. But "he's too old" is more than enough reason for me. 

Okay, bad argument then, but let's use that. Where do you draw the line? I mean, we are discussing this on a forum dedicated to My Little Pony, something that many people would say that WE are far too old to be watching. So you can ignore that but use the same, worthless argument against this guy?

And you didn't provide ANYTHING to say what kind of harm he is doing. Oh wait, that's because he isn't harming anything.

I mean, we are discussing this on a forum dedicated to My Little Pony, something that many people would say that WE are far too old to be watching. So you can ignore that but use the same, worthless argument against this guy?

I don't ignore that. In fact, I find it a little weird myself. 

And you didn't provide ANYTHING to say what kind of harm he is doing. Oh wait, that's because he isn't harming anything.

I never claimed that he did. 

The real question should be, 'Would you be secure enough in yourself and your fandom to defend this guy in public from all the haters? Or would you say nothing? Or would you join in with the haters?'

If I were to see this guy I would give him a high five and a *GASP!* 'Yay' Fluttershy style! And if anyone gave him flack about it, darn right I would tell them to leave him alone!

I wouldn't have the courage to broadcast it in public but if I was there when he did this I'd definitely help stand up for this guy.

• Brohoof 4

Okay then, what harm is he doing then

He's doing no harm (Other than his reputation). However it is still weird. Why do you think that only things that brings harm can be weird?
  • Brohoof 1

It's pretty alright, I don't see the point in taking the piss out of somone because of that. It's a fandom, I don't get bullied for wearing my DOOM or Fallout clothes. XD

• Brohoof 1

He's doing no harm (Other than his reputation). However it is still weird. Why do you think that only things that brings harm can be weird?

Well then whatever. People shouldn't be making such a huge deal about it then. People need to get on with their lives and let him be, because he is doing is fine.

And with that, those are my final words on the subject.

People shouldn't be making such a huge deal about it then. .

They aren't. They simply go "huh, that's weird" and then move on with their lives.

If anyone makes a huge deal about it it's people like you who tries to defend him.

They aren't. They simply go "huh, that's weird" and then move on with their lives.

If anyone makes a huge deal about it it's people like you who tries to defend him.

Okay, I said that would be my last post but, really? Pretty sure the OP said that on numerous websites there is just a massive flood of hatred towards this guy. And even people on these very forums saying that they would avoid him at all costs over something like this.

Dunno, that sounds like people making a huge deal out of it.

Um, wasnt the start post talking about People, who make fun of this person or even hate him?

I dont think all People just go : " Huh, thats weird. " and then move on.

The Internet is usually a little bit more extreme.

• Brohoof 2

Honestly I don't see anything wrong with this.

Actually this guy is a role model. Because he shows everyone that he loves mlp and that he doesn't care about other peoples opinion.

I'm pretty sure this guy knew that there would be a lot of people reacting negatively to this. However he still isn't afraid of showing his love for mlp.

... do I even have to say anything about this?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Pretty sure the OP said that on numerous websites there is just a massive flood of hatred towards this guy.

Well, the only thing I found of this photo is that it was mentioned in a article called "top 50 worst things on the Internet 2014" or something similar. Which isn't good by any means but it's hardly "a massive flood of hatred".

And even people on these very forums saying that they would avoid him at all costs over something like this..

I see that jokes fly over your head.

Um, wasnt the start post talking about People, who make fun of this person or even hate him?

Well yes, however during my 5 minutes of research I could only find one mention of this photo other than this thread.

... do I even have to say anything about this?

No, somehow I feel like I know what you would have said. Edited by Gestum
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Honestly... People need to get themselves a better life if they react all upset to something like this.

He has a Pinkie plushie, so what? Does he hurt anybody? No. Does he threaten anybody? NO. Do you have anything to do with his life and his choices? AN ABSOLUTE NO.Then, what the heck is the problem here? Let him do what he wants as long as there are no casualties. Why shouldn't he be able to do whatever? Let the guy support himself with a cute plushie, it's not like a stuffed toy has an age restriction. Shape up, folks.

Edited by crys
  • Brohoof 6

(edited)

C'mon just because you watch the show doesn't mean you have to carry a big plush around with you. I am jealous of the plush though. XD I think a shirt or a bag would be cool but a big teddy bear is silly mostly for inconvenience. He would've of known the risk of being judged by people for this though so good on him for weirding people out but this seems like a bit of a plea for attention. Just wear an mlp shirt :P You don't need to make a big thing about watching the pone show.

Edited by The Mint Pone
  • Brohoof 2