Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Guy with a plushie - reactions/thoughts?

Let's be real here, the guy probably has some mental issue, and I don't mean that in a bad way, but I can't imagine a perfectly normal grown up man to bring a "kid's show's" plushie to school or university or wherever that place may be. Sure, you can stock up on pony plushies when you're at home but when you're out in public it kinda makes you look a little bit unapproachable. I don't know about you guys but I sure would be anxious if I was ever forced to go up and talk to this guy.

He's also wearing a fedora

Honestly... People need to get themselves a better life if they react all upset to something like this.

He has a Pinkie plushie, so what? Does he hurt anybody? No. Does he threaten anybody? NO. Do you have anything to do with his life and his choices? AN ABSOLUTE NO.Then, what the heck is the problem here? Let him do what he wants as long as there are no casualties. Why shouldn't he be able to do whatever? Let the guy support himself with a cute plushie, it's not like a stuffed toy has an age restriction. Shape up, folks.

Nobody is complaining that he may be hurting people, all I see is people questioning this guys' choices, because let's be real here, this isn't a normal site you would see everyday.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I actually do that all the time i have a bag that i put my luna plush in and have the head out so while walking down the road everyone can see her head

i take her with me because she makes me feel comfortable 

Edited by Discordly Cutiepie
  • Brohoof 3

I've probably said this before, but it's worth repeating.

I have a little brother with Autism who carries plushies as part of his coping mechanism. People stare, jeer, mock, and avoid him because his behavior is "weird", and judge him for carrying stuffed animals among his other "weird" behaviors.

After witnessing this for so many years, I cannot consider the mockery of adults carrying stuffed animals to be anything but cruel and repulsive ableism. I've watched it hurt someone I love who already has so much trouble relating to others out in the world. I cannot condone it after seeing what it's done to him.

Therefore, I could not say anything unkind about this man. I will not call him a hero or anything, I don't know his life, but to mock him would be to say that everyone who hurt my little brother was in the right, and I could never be so heartless against someone I care about.

• Brohoof 11

Honestly; I'm really disappointed with some recent posts in this thread. If you think some things are weird or strange; that's fine. That is a valid opinion to hold, but there is a line that was crossed.

So, consider this an official reminder: Be respectful of others; whether they are members here, or just members of society. We will not tolerate any posts that are condescending towards others, and any post we find as such will be dealt with as such. If we feel necessary this thread will be locked.

Thank you.

• Brohoof 6

Yeah, as a guy who has a fair number of plushies themself, that's pretty darn weird. It would be one thing if it was pajama day, I usually brought my little stuffed beagle and popped him in my house coat pocket. But this stuffed animal was half the size of my palm and a bit of an added detail; this is obtrusive and there doesn't appear to be a reason or rhyme as to why he brought that giant stuffed pinkie pie with him. That's what makes it weird, not the fact he owns a stuffed animal. And sure, it might not cause any harm, but it's certainly not normal and might result in some speculating on this odd behaviour.

But to be honest, I'm judging him more on his hat than the stuffed animal. It doesn't fit their casual outfit, it makes them look like a hipster and he's wearing it indoors in a private institution when he should have removed it upon entering the building. A little research on basic hat etiquette isn't that hard.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Judging by the ages of these people it looks like college. I've seen weird stuff in college so no doubt the people there would ignore that he wears a fedora and carries a big Pinkie Pie plushie around.

Edited by cider float
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Nobody is complaining that he may be hurting people, all I see is people questioning this guys' choices, because let's be real here, this isn't a normal site you would see everyday.

That's not what I meant... I'm aware of that him hurting people was not the question. I was simply stating that we, as fellow humans with a lot of unnecessary opinions for everything.. Do not have the right to judge this guy's choices what so ever, unless he is harming anyone or anything around him.

We don't have anything to do with his life and his choices so just let him do what he wants as long as he's doing it in peace. There are plenty of more offensive gestures going on out there that we should pay more attention to than this guy with an adorable Pinkie plushie would ever be, so my point is made.

Edited by crys
  • Brohoof 2

It's really weird that this guy took out this huge plush in public, but using this as an example of this entire community is just cherry-picking.

• Brohoof 2

I have a few plushies myself - if you wanna take 'em in public, then do so; not your fault if other folks can't be mature about it.  *shrug*

• Brohoof 2

My take? Who gives a fuck? Seriously, I do not find it weird or not weird. I find it as "I don't give a shit". Let the guy do what he wants, any criticisms I may have about it, I will keep inside my head because at the end of the day, there is far weirder shit out there. Not because I'm a brony or anything, but because I really don't see a need to go after a dude who isn't bothering anyone or causing any harm. He's not married to the plushie like some people in this fandom have done, so I see no reason to raise alarm. It's also not as if he is bringing this around and screaming "WHY DON'T I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND!?" either, so honestly who cares?

People saying "cringe" crap, honestly this will not be the most cringeworthy thing you see this week, and I'm almost certain of that.

Okay, bad argument then, but let's use that. Where do you draw the line? I mean, we are discussing this on a forum dedicated to My Little Pony, something that many people would say that WE are far too old to be watching. So you can ignore that but use the same, worthless argument against this guy?

Colleges are not designed for show and tell; they are designed to learn. 

I'm not saying it's WRONG for him to take his plushie, but it's just not necessary, nor does it bring any good. Sure, it doesn't bring any bad but that's no reason for him to just carry that plushie around (unless you count social status degrading as bad). It's unnecessary and it really IS childish.

• Brohoof 7

(edited)

But why? I have a strong feeling that anyone that finds this to be 'weird' would not be able to provide me with any actually good reasoning to why it is so strange for someone to have a plushie like that. I have heard some say that it is the fact that he is in public that makes it weird, but what harm is that doing exactly? Why exactly is it a problem? I have seen so many responses here like "WOW, that is so weird and I don't think he should do that!" with no proper reasoning whatsoever.

Makes me sad, because I thought this fandom was into being open minded and whatnot. Oh well.

Why not carry the plushie? Here's why.

• It is impractical. What use do you have for a stuffed piece of fabric?
  • It's distracting to the other people in that class. That's a bit rude.
  • It's not necessary. I've never heard of someone who is capable of operating a computer yet needs a plushie to function.

Other than that, it's not really "weird," as it is a bad idea in general. You generally don't bring personal items to public places and expect not to be judged, anyway. It's just not practical, anyway. Bringing your carved wooden marlin to a car dealership wouldn't make sense. It's being questioned simply because it falls outside of the category of "do what is necessary." People ask questions about things that don't have an obvious purpose. As for the people that just go ahead and overreact and say the guy's a total weirdo, I don't know. I just don't think it's a good idea to carry around a plushie.

If it won't fit in your pants pocket, don't bring it with you. And for the people without pockets, buy some new pants (honestly, purses don't need to exist. Cargo shorts were invented for a reason [but that's another matter entirely {Do you think I should make a thread about it?}]).

Edited by \/
  • Brohoof 2

So you shouldn't do anything if it's not practical? Well that throws my entire life out the window.

You know what, no. I'm gonna keep on doing what I want to because it's my life and I'm an adult that can make my own choices, and this guy's an adult too. I'd rather die than be 100% practical all the time.

• Brohoof 3

You know what, no. I'm gonna keep on doing what I want to because it's my life and I'm an adult that can make my own choices, and this guy's an adult too. I'd rather die than be 100% practical all the time.

And you're free to make those choices, but then you should accept the consequences of those  choices. And in this case, one of the consequences is that people will think you're weird.  

• Brohoof 1

I don't see a problem on a guy carrying a pony plushie with them.

My only problem is where you would take them.

I wouldn't take a pony plushie to school, maybe not work (depending what job)

But If you are traveling some place. Like if your at an airport or at some other places, it seems rather appropriate

• Brohoof 2

So you shouldn't do anything if it's not practical? Well that throws my entire life out the window.

Don't you usually quote people when making a reply?

Don't you usually quote people when making a reply?

When I quote large posts on my tablet it takes away the formating and makes it one massive incoherent paragraph. And it was the post right before mine anyway.

• Brohoof 1

When I quote large posts on my tablet it takes away the formating and makes it one massive incoherent paragraph. And it was the post right before mine anyway.

That's a good enough explanation.

I am cringing. Not at the guy with the plushie but the person who had taken the picture has their finger in it.   :eww:

If he has a plushie, whatever, but it is a little big to be showing in public. 

• Brohoof 4

My goal in life is to buy, own and drive a tank. 22000 dollars, 8000 for shipping and ill need about 1000 to mod it to be street legal. ) I Have it all planed out and the first thing i am gonna do is paint rainbow dash on the side and a furry on the other. So, in short rock on dude, if it aint against the law and docent hurt any one the go a head. Any one who judges is just stuck up. 

• Brohoof 3