Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

SEGA interested in Sonic/MLP crossover.

Slashy

Oh god no.

The rivalry between this fanbase and the Sonic fanbase is already bad enough, we don't need something like this to ignite the flames and make them even worse.

The intense flamewars that would come from this would make Magical Mystery Cure and the reaction to Equestria Girls blush.

Please keep these two franchise as far away from eachother as humanely possible.

• Brohoof 2

I would like a Mlp/Sonic Crossover, i like both franchises !  :love:

But i would even more like a Worms/Mlp Crossover. Yeah, that will never happen...

But, if they will be a Mlp/Sonic Game, i would buy it.

• Brohoof 2

Most crossovers in general are a terrible idea, unless you already have a shared continuity in place. MLP and Sonic already have distinctly and unavoidably separate universes.

In Equestria, candy-colored ponies and other talking quadrupeds live in a high-fantasy, technologically confused adventure land. In whateverthefuckthesonicuniverseiscalled land: humans, robots, and edgelord furries repeatedly gather and misplace the same seven rubies in their quest to appease their one-dimensional character goals.

This would only piss off both fanbases.

Whereas Sonic 06 has fairly low scores across the board, and did not sell well.

Terrible as it was, it actually sold its way into becoming a "platinum hit" on Xbox.

Terrible as it was, it actually sold its way into becoming a "platinum hit" on Xbox.

Which is meaningless. It also probably only sold because people thought it was going to be good and pre-ordered it. A common problem is that companies will prevent reviews until a game comes out so that the preorders are locked in. Remember people THOUGHT Sonic 06 was going to be the first HD Sonic game and thought it was going to be the true definitive next gen experience. It got instant bad reviews shortly after. Equestria Girls however was "hated" by a vocal minority and after it came out got good reviews and sold well.

Now, as much as I love crossovers; this I can pass on. I would just like a Batman Arkham Game quality MLP Game. Not a fighting game but a high quality MLP game of any age can play and equally enjoy. AND call it good.

One good thing that MIGHT come out of it, is that if someone can rip the game models; we can have official MLP 3d characters.

Yeah this screams desperate.

Sega: Hey, our top dog franchise is dying so hard right now. I know, lets release a survey on the internet of franchises popular on the internet and ask people which franchise Sonic should cross over with. Does it make sense? Who cares. We're out of ideas.

I have no opinion on how good the Sonic franchise is, but I'm a little doubtful that such a crossover may work at all.

I'm okay with crossover fanart of the two, but official material? It just feels like putting apples and oranges in the same pie (lame analogy, I know, but I imagine that can't taste good). They just seem way too different.

The article didn't even mention MLP, it was just in a picture, so the fact that a crossover might happen is something I'd take with a grain of salt.

(edited)

MLP:FiM and Sonic are my two favourite fictional universes. Before I discovered MLP, I even thought there would be no world to match my passion for Sonic (and no nerdy character to equal Tails, Twilight surprised me a lot :wacko: ).

Naturally, I would be very interested in a cross-over. However, I would be very surprised if it were for a big game. The two universes... are not so common, they are from different medias (video games and TV show) and Sonic is more into the "punch the bad guy with a fist in the jaw" thing than MLP.

But they do have in common a target oscillating between children (in the first place) and young adults. So...

I like the idea, but perhaps more for a comic arc or a tiny mobile game. With this, they could see if it works or totally not.

Anyway, SEGA is indeed developing a new game for Sonic (only him) currently (not for this year, though). I'll get excited depending of what is to come... :confused:

Edited by Floppy Snow
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I think the article didn't say anything about SEGA planning on doing any crossovers if I'm correct as it says "those questions are not necessarily of firm plans they may have". So basically, my theory is that the survey is nothing but a discussion. Nothing more.

However, it did say that there will be a fan event coming soon where fans of Sonic the Hedgehog are able to make their own games. It's kinda like Britain's Got Talent but with Sonic.

Oh, and by the way. Wasn't there a fan game that features both Sonic and Rainbow Dash already? Dunno why we're making a big fuss over it now since the crossover was already made.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

I know.

I was just rolling with it.

If you wanna really roll with it, here are two more SFM videos I did relating to one of the characters: Shadow the  Hedgehog.

One involves him with Pinkie Pie and Starlight Glimmer(Spoiler: Shadow makes Pinkie Pie cry)

The other involves Shadow with Deadpool.  Deadpool of all chracters(Because I *CENSORED* love Deadpool)

Edited by SaburoDaimando

Dude. I did that just to troll both Sonic and My Little Pony fans. Already, their tears were tasting just like orange juice.

And personally, I'd rather MLP cross over with Marvel/Star Wars/Disney/Transformers before Sonic.

Marvel and Transformers would make for a pretty interesting crossover, but yeah, Sonic has been dead for 10 years now.

I hope it doesn't happen. Crossovers are sort of boring if you're not a fan of both works.  And I am not a fan of Sonic. If I were to watch that cocky hedgehog interact with my beloved ponies I might gnaw my arm off.  I'm sorry to everyone that likes the idea, but to me Sonic is just an awful, unbearable character.

But I admit it would be adorable to see Fluttershy play with those Chao things.

As a huge Sonic fan, I wouldn't mind seeing this crossover happen, granted if it was done well, but with some of the writing in the Sonic games recently, I would prefer it was a comic. I can understand the concern some of you have, but I wouldn't throw it out of the window just yet.

• Brohoof 1

I hope it doesn't happen. Crossovers are sort of boring if you're not a fan of both works. And I am not a fan of Sonic. If I were to watch that cocky hedgehog interact with my beloved ponies I might gnaw my arm off. I'm sorry to everyone that likes the idea, but to me Sonic is just an awful, unbearable character.

But I admit it would be adorable to see Fluttershy play with those Chao things.

Do it with Mario. The series work well with each other in terms of tone and design, we have the Mario and Luigi games to give way more focus on lore and character interactions, and Mario is pretty much universally loved.

God forbid.

I honestly can't think of many things more unnecessary than that idea.  There is no logical way to bring the two of these together in any way that makes sense and attempting to do so would be a massive disservice to both.

• Brohoof 1

Do it with Mario. The series work well with each other in terms of tone and design, we have the Mario and Luigi games to give way more focus on lore and character interactions, and Mario is pretty much universally loved.

Funny thing is that more than 10 years ago, I actually wanted a small crossover within a remake of Super Mario Sunshine with these playables.

Mario

Luigi

Wario

Amy Rose(Guest)

Also, my small crossover also involved Dr Eggman secretly working with Bowser and Bowser Jr on the problems on Isle Delfino.

• Brohoof 1