Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open School days of ponys

cwhip9

OOC link: https://mlpforums.com/topic/152565-school-days-oocsearchplanning

String shot moaned in annoyance hearing his alarm go off for the school day ahead, the young colt used his magic to turn off the alarm......it went off again 5 minuets later still all the more louder.

"you cant ignore it forever stringy" he herd his mom call from down stairs

string shot rolled his eyes, he didn't want to go to school. He still had the summer energy in him to play with his friends and such.

"string your breakfast is getting cold" his mother said

"I'm coming" he called down looking in the mirror. He saw a young colt with blue coat and stringy hair looked back at him. He was nervous about the school he was going to this year as he missed his friends back in canterlot. Seeing s picture of some of them at his birthday party as he opened up his yoyo for the first time. Even though it gave him a black eye he still kept it as it helped him learn his magic, he was rarely seem without it.

A few minuets later he was waiting at the bus stop playing with his yoyo he snuck out of the house with smiling at it marveling at the simplicity of it all.....

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@cwhip9,

It was another awful day in Ponyville.

Not to any fault of the weather ponies, to their credit it was actually shaping up to be a very nice day outside. No, it was an awful day because rather than getting to spend it working with the briefcase, Ms. Sparkle insisted that he go to school, if only to associate with others his apparent age.

Baseplate muttered to himself as he packed the things Ms, Sparkle said he would need in the recently repaired saddlebags he had been found with. "Only a month after being discharged from that backwards hospital and she wants me to go to school? Bah! Even that nice teacher Cheerilee said I might be better off just learning what I don't already know from all the books here, and I think she'd know a thing or two about that."

Notebooks followed loose paper into the bag, then a small quantity of pencils. A dozen or so should be enough. While his magic had greatly improved since he was discovered, he still had the tendency to accidentally break pencils when he used them. Finally a pair of white gloves tailored in similar style to a minotaur, but with smaller more slender fingers, just in case he needed to refocus his telekinetic magic.

With that he lifted the light bags onto his back, ensured that the briefcase was locked one last time, straightened his rectangular glasses on his face, and made his way out the door to begin his walk to his first day of school here.

Edited by Illiad Easle
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

@@cwhip9, @@Illiad Easle,

Redwood was up at 6 O'clock sharp, like she was every morning. 

"Ma, what's fer breakfast?" she called as she came down the stairs. 

"Pancakes, sweetie," answered her mother, who had set a large plate of pancakes out for her.

"Ma, ah told y'all that ah ain't no sweetie," complained Redwood. "Ah'm tough, like y'all and Pa."

Redwood's father chuckled and tussled her mane, "That's mah girl." 

After eating her large breakfast, Redwood got her things ready for the first day of school, and right before leaving, put on the bandana that her father had given to her when she was little. Redwood didn't fit in with most fillies her age, seeing as how she was more interested in chokeholds than dolls, but she didn't care too much. When she arrived at the bus stop, she saw a colt playing with a yo-yo and another that looked more suited to an office.

Edited by crispy fries
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@cwhip9,@@Illiad Easle, @@crispy fries,

Scar woke up to stallion's voice.

"Aright Scar wake up, you have school to go to" .

Red-ish brown colt got up and walked up to the table. "Do I have to, you understand, I just want to..."

"Yes I know but I promised to your parents, and don't worry, Î have seen 'weirder' ponies than you, you are not weird."

"If you say so."

Scar wasn't so sure about that, having two mechanical legs and scar in place of the cutiemark was undeniably weird, at least in his mind.

He grabbed his saddlebags and full-body cape and head out. "See'ya uncle Potion" "Have fun"

As Scar arrived to bus stop there was already three ponies waiting, Scars cape was for now hiding his metallic legs but if and when he got closer sound would give away their difference.

He walked to the ponies and hoped that he wouldn't get any unnecessary attention.

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

@@The Cerberus,

Redwood couldn't help but notice that the colt next to her was wearing a cape for some reason, and it just seemed too out of place. Then again, she was a bit out of place too, since she was big for her age as well as stronger than most of the colts she knew.

"What's with th' cape?" she asked.

(edited)

@@crispy fries

Scar was in his thoughts and got scared when pony next to him started to talk to him.

"It's..." He didn't want to tell, but he knew that sooner or later it will come up. "It's for.. avoiding curious looks."

As he spoke he moved his legs around awkwardly causing his forelegs hit each other giving out metallic bang loud enough to be heard in five meter radius.

Scar gave awkward smile and then moved few steps away from ponies hoping nopony heard that.

Edited by The Cerberus

@@The Cerberus,

Baseplate was similarly curious about his classmates, it seemed there would be no normal ponies here, except perhaps for the yo-yo one. "If you wanted to blend in, a cape is hardly the way to do it. You should invest in a trench coat of sorts, or perhaps even pants which would also dampen the noise of your legs knocking together." 

He sighed, introductions would have to happen sooner or later, "I'm Baseplate by the way."

(edited)

@@Illiad Easle

Scar was surprised by Baseplate's comment, he wasn't sure if Baseplate didn't notice anything weird or if he didn't just care. But the fact that he mentioned it confirmed that it was loud.

"Honestly.. it not really for blending in, It's more like.. changing the target of attention."

Scar was realizing that instead of getting attention out from himself he was just pulling it more towards.

"Nice to meet you Baseplate..I'm Scar"

@@crispy fries,

When pony next to Scar threw direct question Scar looked at ground and thought himself "Well, why hide it anymore, it's already obvious." 

He answered the a question with silent voice. "Because they are.. they are metal." 

Edited by The Cerberus

@@The Cerberus,

"Y'all got metal legs? One of mah Pa's old buddies from th' army has a metal arm because he lost it in some kinda fight or somethin'," said Redwood.

Growing up in a military family meant that seeing a prosthetic limb or two wasn't really out of the ordinary for her.

@@The Cerberus,

Baseplate turned to look at Scar, a raised eyebrow to convey his surprised skepticism. "Metal legs? Well isn't that interesting? Are they magic like most everything here or machined? Or is it just metal plating on your legs? I didn't think Equestria had that sort of capability in the case of the second, and even the first seems a bit extraordinary to me. Though I guess don't really know too much about magic despite being a unicorn." 

@@crispy fries,@@Illiad Easle,

Scar sighed and pulled the cape enough so both of his mechanical forelegs were visible.

He looked at Baseplate but turned his eyes back at the ground. He spoke with a quiet voice. "And to answer to your question.. they are connected with magic but that is as far as magic goes. Everything else is hundred percent mechanical"

He looked at his own legs and moved them around.

"I didn't even know that you can replace legs using magic."

(mobil atm at work) The clanking noise made string shot loose his concentration of the yoyo. The yoyo flew out of his grasp over the group of ponys landing right at scars hoofs. The small colt dove for the yoyo "watch out!" he said following it with a "oof" from the young colt. Getting back up he said " sorry, I swear I don't mean too..." he paused looking at the metal legs then saying "Cool legs! So they have little lasers for pew pew and magic stuff?" Seeing the groups faces he slowly back up "oh....I'm string shot..." he said unsure if he just made a mistake.

(edited)

Stormy skies stared out his window, wishing he could be flying instead of going to school. 

"Might as well," Stormy said to himself as he often did. "I'm stuck in a school house while those weather ponies get to have all the fun."

Sighing, Stormy grabbed some pencils and paper and threw them into his saddle bag, and leaped out the window. Flapping his wings rhythmically he started to soar towards the bus stop, spotting four other ponies already gathered at the stop. One had glasses, one had a bandanna, one had a yo yo and one had... Metal legs? Curious Stormy plummeted towards the bus stop, lurching upwards he came out of his dive slowed down and landed. turning towards the group of ponies he asked.

"Hi, I'm Stormy Skies. Who are you all?"

Edited by Bracket Sparks
  • Brohoof 1

Quill was on her way to school from here own place. She knew she was a little late and was hurrying but things happened at home this morning and she was tied up with things she managed to get to school after galloping the whole way there not the most fun thing she'd done running though town to get there.

...@@Bracket Sparks In such a hurry she crashed into the back of Stormy in her rush to get to school

• Brohoof 1

@@The Cerberus, @@cwhip9, @@Mentis Soliloquy, @@Bracket Sparks, @@Illiad Easle,

Now seemed like as good a time as any to introduce herself. "Ah'm Redwood, and ah'm th' toughest filly around," she said with a bit of pride.

If there was one thing that Redwood took pride in, it was her toughness. Her family had raised her to be that way, and she intend on disappointing.

• Brohoof 3

"Nice to meet-" Stormy was interrupted by being slammed into by a pony behind him. "Oof!" Stumbling forwards Stormy wobbled a bit and turned around.

"Watch where you're going!" Stormy was annoyed at most, turning back around he continued "Nice to meet you Redwood, and you look the part, but how about the rest of you? and this new one who slammed into me?" turning around again to get a better look at the filly that had slammed into him.

• Brohoof 2

@@Bracket Sparks,

"Sorry I...I did not mean to crash into you I was just in a hurry to get here I don't want to be late for school, my apologies." She looked a little embarrassed and red faced from doing it, rubbing the back of her head in a nervous gesture. Please for forgive me...

• Brohoof 1

@@Mentis Soliloquy,@@Bracket Sparks, @@crispy fries, @@cwhip9, @@The Cerberus,

Baseplate sighed, all these introductions were getting tiring. He had always hated doing things twice.

He turned to the new arrivals and gave a halfhearted smile, the sooner the bus got here the sooner school would be over and the sooner he could be working on the briefcase again. "I'm Baseplate, I'm new to this town and school. I get the feeling I'm not the only one, though I could be wrong." 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"It's alright" He smiled at the filly "You didn't mean to hit me did you?" Stormy chuckled as he continued. "Everypony forgets they're going fast sometime. Just make sure you know who you're running into next time!" Stormy Skies extended his hoof for a hoof bump, and thought to himself the explanations for the metal legs, could be an infection that the doc's couldn't have cured, could be a birth defect, could be anything really. he would have to ask.

Turning around to face the others he responded to Baseplate's intorduction

"Well hi Baseplate. Good to meet you."

Edited by Bracket Sparks
  • Brohoof 1

@@Illiad Easle,

"Howdy, Baseplate. Ah ain't actually from around here either. Ah'm from Appleoosa, and mah folks moved here just a couple months ago."

Redwood was a bit glad that she wasn't the only one who wasn't from Ponyville, but Baseplate didn't seem like the kind of pony she got along with.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Illiad Easle, @@Bracket Sparks, @@Mentis Soliloquy, @@crispy fries, As introductions were being made string short recovered his yoyo and decided to put in his back pack so no more loose grips with it. having the yoyo hit what seemed to be a good group of ponys he just met...wouldn't go over to well for the first day. Looking at Stormy skies he was about to intro duce himself when he herd a familiar voice call him.

"hey look its stringy, oh look his eye is better too!" the voice said. String shot turned around seeing the colt Summer bead. A very round colt for his age with two other pony's one to his left and right. The colt in question had a light brown coat and dark mane, his eyes zeroed on string shot more then the group at large as the others saw him.

String shot just grinned still uneasy slightly back up trying to hide from the colt "oh...summer bead...hi " he felt a leg he bumped into unsure who it was just was trying to leave the place.

Edited by cwhip9

(edited)

@@cwhip9

"It's okay" he was going to continue but then String Shot asked about legs. Scar looked back at the ground and sighed

"no, no they don't.. they are just legs."

@@Bracket Sparks,@@Illiad Easle, @@Mentis Soliloquy, @@crispy fries

After that, Stormy appeared and Scar was about to introduce himself to him when new pony bumped into stormy.

Scar waited for chance to introduce himself for the new pones. "Hi.. I'm Scar"

@@cwhip9

Scar heard new voices and saw String getting uneasy.

"Are you okay?"

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

@@The Cerberus, String shot almost jumped hearing scar "I'm fine just....." the unicorns gaze still was locked onto the new pony.

"oh c'mon stirngy you didn't let your friends know of our tradition?" said the colt smiling

"I just got here....I don't know them" began string but was interrupted again by the colt named summer bead

"eh what ever" Summer Bead then saw Scar's legs in which he raised an eyebrow "what's with the weird legs, you tripped on your way out of bed this morning too hard?" the two pony's behind him laughed at the joke like it was the best of the day.    

@@Bracket Sparks,

She met his movements with her own hoof not even paying attention. "Nice to um meet you I'm Quill."  She looked around at the others that were here, nice buck of young foals and fillies here and she was going to be friends with all of them she rather hoped, well that was the plan. 

• Brohoof 1