Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open School days of ponys

cwhip9

Ziggs was glad that Cherilee had taken some leniency for his tardiness. Had this been in Canterlot, or even back home- he would have been chewed out and sent to detention. However, all was well for the moment and he took a seat near the front. Ziggs was tired, and despite the chaos going on around the schoolyard, Ziggs put his head on his desk asleep. He dozed for a bit until the bell rung, and he he saw all the ponies taking their seats. He was a bit groggy, and quite a bit unmotivated when he heard Cherilee call them to introduce themselves. Ziggs was definitely caught off guard by this. Ziggs began to panic, and his heart began to  beat like a drum, but he calmed down when he saw Francis go up first.

"Just a bit of time to collect myself....."

Ziggs was a bit disoriented, and was thinking of stuff to say. He definitely did not want to say anything personal, so he decided he would try to be as vague as possible. Ziggs looked on as Francis continued his introduction.

• Brohoof 2

@@Yoshi89

She looked back to Sundae, taking her hoof without question. "Sundae, you've done nothing to offend me at all your trying to make it all good again. Nothing wrong with your actions." She shook it, before turning back to the front of the room.

But her thoughts did rest on Sunset now... and his tear.

• Brohoof 4

@@Mentis Soliloquy,

Sundae felt even more embarrassed when told her apology wasn't necessary. Maybe Quill just needs some time to cool down, she thought as she faced the front of the room. Fudge flashed a quick "I told you so." look at his sister. The twins then fished a notebook apiece out of their saddlebags and prepared for the day's lesson.

• Brohoof 3

(on Mobil) As Francis made his introduction summer bead was thinking up ways to have fun with this new one. A pony who is a gamer, wonder if he brought his handheld. He didn't have an interest but the look on one face as they find it missing always made the colt chuckle. He had to admit this year would be fun with the new kids. This one would be a waiting game as he still had no idea what to do with the dragon....

• Brohoof 1

*looks at the new pony with a hint of judgement*

(In mind)"everypony seems to game a lot these days but then again he does seem quiet nice"

*Grabs tissues secretly out of his bag and tries to hide himself drying the dampness from the tears so no one will notice*

(In mind)"literally I hate having emotions it sucks but hey if I didn't have them I would be a blank painting on a wall"

• Brohoof 1

@@cwhip9, Francis sighed. "Okay, if that's all the questions I'll go sit back down." He said walking over to his desk and sitting down on the seat. 'This is so boring, I wish I had my neightendo.' he thought about raising his hoof to ask if he could play games in class, but then figured that he wouldn't be allowed to so he would give his full attention to what he was learning, and not his game. He was glad he had some training to last a day without his neightendo though.

But Francis would never last more than one day without it, good thing he had a lock on his locker like a sensible pony. 'Shoot, can't ponies crack those with magic?'' He scanned the classroom, there weren't many ponies with horns there, but he hoped that none of them decided to take away his neightendo.

• Brohoof 2

@

*Looks at the new arrival who was looking around the classroom and smiles just a little but enough to let the other pony know he's welcomed here in this school and is well valuable as the others currently around him then looks to the front trying to think on why he should go home no parents only his foster parents and what he should do with his life

• Brohoof 2

@@Brock Obama, seeing Fancis get done Cheerliee turned towards ziggs "all right thanks Francis now Ziggs feel free to say hi don't worry nopony bites here" she said with a warming smile.

string shot couldn't think up any questions for ziggs as he sat down. He just waved at ziggs in a friendly manor. He was glad so many new ponys were abord he wondered what Ziggs magic would be....

• Brohoof 2

Ziggs had had some time to collect himself before he went up. However, now that Frannis had finished. His time was up. Ziggs was used to public speaking, or generally speaking to lots of stranger at all. However, he needed to go up. It's not as if he could just stay seated.

Ziggs took a deep breath and stood up. As he walked to the front, he saw String Shot wave at him. He was always awkward with these types of things, so he nodded and gave him a smirk as he walked to the front of the Class. It wasn't until now that he realized that he was indeed, a foreigner. His accent, however minor, might be odd. And Ziggs instantly felt a bit of anxiety as he took a look around the class. A bead of sweat rolled from his mane down his neck, and he felt quite uncomfortable due to the heat. As he concentrated more and more on his discomfort, Ziggs only felt more anxiety.

Ziggs finally reached the front in what seemed like ages to him. However, when he saw Cherilee's smile, he claimed a bit and took a few seconds to compose himself. He took another breath and began to speak:

"Uhhh, hi..... My names Ziggs. I transferred from Canterlot and....."

Zggs paused a bit and awkward silence filled the room. He realized this and began to speak again, quickly trying to come up with something to say.

"My apologies, I'm Ziggs. Im sort of bad at speaking, and I am still trying to learn some of the ropes of Equestrian. I'm not from here."

Ziggs remembered at this point that he was supposed to be vague, to avoid trouble or just revealing to much. However, he continued.

"I have some interests, which include fishing and reading. I know that both are good for Ponyville, do to the river and the library here.."

Again, Ziggs paused. He was really struggling on what to say now, and wanted to leave the front. He wanted to sit down. But then, he remembered the magic some ponies were performing outside and what they were doing.

"Ah, yes I attended the magical academy at Canterlot for gifted ponies for a bit. I learned some spells. I can make light glow from my horn, shoot some light, do spells like transmutation, and I can transport some distances.. I also can make light shows as well, and I learned all these at my previous schools. I hope to learn more here and do more in the future"

Ziggs finished, but didn't really know how to close his short speech. He felt tired, and he wanted to sit down almost desperately. The silence was a bit awkward, and he hoped someone would let him sit down again.

• Brohoof 5

@@Brock Obama

*Looks at this pony at the mention of Canterlot spells academy for gifted ponies realised he mentioned transmutation and closes eyes and smirks*

(I. Mind:"I'm not the only one who's been learning thier art of magic and lighting the horn easy as pie but why didn't he stay in and why transfer")

• Brohoof 3

@@Brock Obama, @@cwhip9,

Ginger Lightning stared at Ziggs as he spoke...She had this look on her face that seemed to say 'I can smell your fear.... I can smell everypony's fear...Isn't that funny?' she yawned and leaned back in her seat before mouthing 'when is lunch?'and tapping her right hoof against the desk as she thought about what is for lunch and what she is going to say to the new students.

Edited by GingerLightning
  • Brohoof 5

@@Brock Obama

*Smiles*

"Welcome then to this wonderful school I'm sure you'll fit right in"

*Wonders why did he speak if he didn't wanna say anything then again he was concentrating this time*

(In mind:"o my gosh I realised I'm not the only one now who possesses a lot of abilities then again what's the lesson should be interesting")

• Brohoof 1

After that Francis had introduced himself and Walleria had been sitting put on her place. Seeing the next pony move to the front of the class and started talking, 'Boooring!' she tougt just as is got quiet. She looked up to se Ziggs looking uncomfortable, he then continued to try introduce himself and said something that made her smile silly amd almost letting out a giggle! Leaving her own toughts for a monent. "Silly!" she saids smiling. "Your speaking good!"

She keept on listening to Ziggs introduction, how he, like her. Wasn't from this Equestria and that he too liked to fish! She wagged her tail in amusment as Ziggs got to the part that he knew some magics. 'I wonder if he wan't to show us his magic!' she tought to herself as Ziggs finished

Edited by Flearia Dragondanser
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

@@Flearia Dragondanser, @@Brock Obama,

@@Sunset light, @@GingerLightning, @, @@Yoshi89, @@Mentis Soliloquy, @@The Cerberus,

"im sorry um ziggs was it?" asked a familer voice. those that look found dimond tiara speaking.

"its kind of weird with that accent I only caught half of what you just said" she said

"COULD YOU SPEAK UP? ITS HARD TO HEAR YOU BACK HERE!" Summer bead yelled out from the back of the class. He herd the newpony just fine he was just giggling at the nervousness of this pony  

"And summer bead could you PLEASE not interrupt like that again, we raise our hoofs if we want to be called on" cheerliee said the sternness in her voice was behind the pleasant school teacher like voice she always had with her.

"Sorry cheerliee I just couldn't understand him through that accent" he said rather innocently.

Cheerliee sighed "any more questions?" she asked seeing not many hoofs up one did surprise her coming from appelbloom "my cousin is from canterlot know a babs seed at all?" she asked

Edited by cwhip9
  • Brohoof 1

@@cwhip9@@Brock ObamaFrancis could really go for his neightendo, Ziggs' talking alone was boring him. He leant on his hoof half way through Ziggs talking, and started falling asleep on it. "AH!" Until Summer Bead yelled out suddenly when Zigg stopped talking. "Can we have a rule against spontaneous yelling?" He asked raising his hoof. "And yelling in general?"

• Brohoof 1

Baseplate set his now organized papers down with one of his gloves sitting on top of the pile to hold it down. He realized that there was yet another new pony in the room, It's like ponies just crawl right out of the woodwork here. Really it's going to be an effort to keep them all straight. Ah well, the fewer I have to interact with the better.

He didn't want to risk asking a question in case it had already been asked before and thus reveal he hadn't been paying attention.

• Brohoof 1

*starts lifting pencil with levitation and tries to transform it into food at the same time but finding it a small challenge then raises hoof to ask a question*

"What's it like in the magic academy ziggs?"

*Looks at ziggs with excitement to know what he felt about it*

@@Brock Obama

• Brohoof 1

@, @@cwhip9, @@Brock Obama,

Ginger Lightning raised her hoof to ask a question and waited patiently to be called on...Ginger Lightning had tons of questions to ask Ziggs about Canterlot. Mostly because she had never been to Canterlot.She didn't mind the fact that Ziggs had an odd accent or the spontaneous yelling or even the fact that there is a changeling in the class who is disguised as a pony...Wait,What?!

"How could I miss that?" she mumbled under her breath barely audible.

• Brohoof 3

@@GingerLightning, @@Illiad Easle, @@Sunset light, (verypony else as well 3rd atmpet to post and have this not crash)

Seeing the nervous colt and looking at the time Cheerliee decided to get a move on with the lesson she had planned. Magic basics, "Ziggs you can sit down now thank you for introducing yourself" she said. Once the pony found his chair the teacher moved towards the chalk board in the class room.

"so who from yesterday could tell me what they think the basic rule of magic is for everypony, sunset could probably tell us a major one" she said smilling. She didn't want this to be a whipping post for the colt but it had to be driven home if she was going to teach the kids how to use their magic.  

• Brohoof 2

@@cwhip9,

Baseplate was pretty sure the answer was willpower, after all magic was enforcing one's will on the world, the creation of a force by the extension of one's own internal energies.

However, he was hardly confident enough in his self-teaching to share that answer with the class. Besides, he wanted to see what Cheerilee thought that Sunset knew about magic. 

• Brohoof 1

@@cwhip9,

Fudge and Sundae both had an inkling as to what answer they thought Cheerilee was looking for. When she sought to make Sunset an example out of the class, they tried their hardest not to look at the culprit to avoid trying to make a scene.

Fudge raised his hand. "Would that go for ponies who aren't unicorns, too, Miss Cheerilee?" he asked.

@@Yoshi89,@@Illiad Easle@@GingerLightning@@Sunset light

"a good question fudge and yes it dose. As magic flows through all beings in one way or another it is easy to get to carried away once we know our magic. It could be strength like big mac, joy like our town party animal pinky, it could be a number of things that once found out could be over used like your favorit treat"

"could it be don't harm others then?" string shot said raising his hoof

"exactly that string" cheerliee said smiling writing it down.

"but what about us pegisi I thought only unicorns could have magic" scootaloo asked

"well scootaloo how often do you see an earth pony or unicorn walk on a cloud without falling through it?"

Scootalo opened her mouth, then closed it, then open it again...then closed it. "wait so we have....cloud magic. rainbow dash said it was just because how light our bones are compared to other ponys" the youngster scratched her head

"wait a second dose that mean all those without wings are fat?" summer bead said almost sounding like he was challenged for honer.

"will you stop thinking about yourself the only fat one here is" scootalo began

Cheerliee cut the argument then and their "now now every pony, summer bead no pony is any fatter then the other" a few glances went towards snails then summer bead then cheerliee

"what?" snails said noticing the looks

"its about bones and magic. Becues earth ponys have strong strength magic the bones are built that way" she walked over towards a projector. The lights dimmed for the picture to show up showing the bone structure of a pony.

"now based off this alone just seeing the bones who could think of what magic this pony has?" she asked the class at large

@@cwhip9,

Baseplate looked confused as he raised his hoof to speak, "I read that it isn't the weight of a pegasus allowing them to walk on clouds as if that were true any foal of any race would be able to do it, given they would be the same weight as an adult pegasus, and I know that pegasi aren't any lighter than any other race. Rather, isn't it that their internal energies react with the clouds in such a way that they repel each other like magnets, such that they are able to stand on them as if they were solid ground? This same configuration of their energy allows them the ability to fly despite their wings not being able to generate enough lift on their own. The cloud walking spell then adjusts the target's energy flow to be similar to a pegasi's to produce the same effect. Which again would not be possible if cloud walking were a matter of weight."

He looked over at the picture of bone structure, "You can tell the race and therefore the natural magic from the bones by the presence or lack of certain bones, if it has a horn than it has a unicorn's ability, if it has wings then it has a pegasus' abilities. If both than it is either a pegacorn or alicorn, if neither than it is an earth pony. This is of course by a simple look, even if the limbs had been damaged or removed from the diagram one could still tell if it was a pegasus by the presence of the wing sockets on the back where the other races would not have any as well as if the horn of the unicorn were removed there would still likely be either a stump or the hole in the skull where the horn's nerves would have connected to the brain and spinal column."

He then lowered his hoof, hoping he had not stepped out of line by speaking as he had. 

• Brohoof 1

Scar listened Baseplate and was surprised how much he knew, he had been writing down anything new he had heard but now he wrote double speed to keep up with everything Baseplate was saying, he planned to write down compressed version later but now he was writing word to word.

He felt like that he should talk with Baseplate later.

• Brohoof 1