Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Things that you wished the human race would just stop doing?

FlootahBabby

I know that this is odd, but, I wish people would just stop shushing. I don't mean like a small warning type thing in a cinema but, at schools and stuff where people (teachers and even fricking STUDENTS) act like on body else can hear them. So, I'm just doing work and then some Pratt hears someone whispering something and then let's out the biggest shush. It's a classroom in test conditions, others can hear them. I swear. I get so peeved off when that happens.

Inconsiderate pricks.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I really want the media to stop being so..... Dumb.

All they're doing now is making new stuff up. Because they know people will follow it. Like make their own words up such as "fam" "bae" "lit" "selfie" etc.

I also want the Kardashians to just die out. Lose relevancy. I think the only reason she posted a nude picture was not because of some movement. It was only because she and her family needed to be trending again. Unfortunately, they're going to make their mark on this decade permanent. When I have a child he/she is going to unfortunately ask me "Hey everyone in the 2010s had a crush on Kim Kardashian right? Why did you like her?" Which sucks.

"Make up their own words?" I bet cavemen complained when their "ooga booga booga" language was replaced by proper Oxford Dictionary words. And now people don't like new words being invented, too. I guess every generation had horrible moments. What we're experiencing right now is what people in the past probably experienced too. Humanity has always been flawed and corrupted, and never has been and never will be 100% perfect.

Edited by DJ Gumball
  • Brohoof 3

I wish the human race would just stop being so violent. Eliminate homo and transphobia, eliminate racism, eliminate war.. Violence has caused so much destruction.

That's something I would wish for. You know the old saying: Make peace, not war.

• Brohoof 4

I wish the human race would just stop being so violent. Eliminate homo and transphobia, eliminate racism, eliminate war.. Violence has caused so much destruction.

and take away guns too!! people need reality check these days
  • Brohoof 4

I wish people would stop needlessly procreating. Raising children when you're an incompetent parent or just randomly boinking others without protection is just selfish, especially towards your child and your partner.

Also, i wish people would stop charging exorbitant fees for education. Knowledge and education should be free, so many potentially superior minds are wasted because of financial difficulties.

• Brohoof 12

I wish the media would stop trying to brainwash people, including kids to think that certain things are the norm and should be expected of you. e.g. getting married and having kids, men wearing clothing or owning merchandise in which may be targeted towards younger audiences.

• Brohoof 1

another thing that makes me want to disown myself from this planet is everyone's obsession with silence.  im naturaly a loud speaker s when whisper it sounds more like a normal talking voice and when i normal talk, it sounds like yelling. now days i can barley even live without being told to shut up. like, HOW THE HELL would anyone survive without speaking. you kinda need to speak to make transactions at stores and maintain a social life.

• Brohoof 1

Generalizing. We do it here as well. Conservatives must be heartless and against equal rights. People who practice religion must be brainwashed reactionaries. Patriots must be ignorant bigots who are deliberately ignoring problems. And you're rich, you must be a snobby loser that is living off the sweat of the poor.

This kind of generalization is what spawns hypocrisy and antagonism.

• Brohoof 8

@,

I second what he says, generalizations, stereotypes, the like. ALL destructive to the individual and reductive in thought. 

However, I would call this thread part of the problem. "Oh woe is the human race! There are problems with life!" You know, there are better ways to actually fix these problems than post comments on the internet. Go out and live one's life, get a job, join a charity, DO something!

Gandhi once said, "be the change you want to see in the world." Well you can never be that change just sitting in front of a computer complaining at how everything is broken.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Reproducing. There's already more than a million people on this planet. Do we really need more? Pretty soon, the world is gonna be so packed with people, that the planet's gonna throw itself into the sun.

Edited by Puppet Panzy
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Reproducing. There's already more than a million people on this planet. Do we really need more? Pretty soon,the world is gonna be so packed with people,that the planet's gonna throw itself into the sun.

We still need to do that because it's not the developed countries that are producing a lot of children, it's the developing countries. Indonesia, China, India, Pakistan, Nigeria, and Bangladesh literally covers half of the entire population, and a good deal of them happen to be in poverty. In fact, developed countries have to reproduce more children. Countries like Japan, Taiwan, Germany, Austria, and many more are suffering heavily from a severely aged population and a lack of children. It's a negative chain effect; with less children, education will take a serious dip, schools will close, and teachers and professors get laid off. With too much old people, more money has to be placed onto their health care and support and there are far less people to pick from the labor pool.

We actually have to normalize our fertility rates to about 2.1 children per family to moderate growth. Most developed countries are way below that, and developing countries way above that.

Edited by Sealand
  • Brohoof 5

Killing/harming each other. Life is too valuable.

Hating/discriminating. It's ridiculous.

Believing in ancient religious texts. No matter how much people want to sugarcoat them, their horrific outdated ideas of ethics and morality will never stop coming back to haunt us.

• Brohoof 5

Take away guns and people would use knifes and fists. While it is a good suggestion, our primal natures will never be sated as human beings.

gotta agree with ya. if all the weapons are removed. then people have to rely on their physical powers to commit violence :(
  • Brohoof 2