Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Things that you wished the human race would just stop doing?

FlootahBabby

I wish people would stop bashing others for being negative...It's reached the point where negative has become a buzzword.

I mean, there are some negative people who annoy the heck outta me...But most of the people I know...Are hurt...And bashing someone else for being negative only makes the matter worse.

• Brohoof 5

People need to stop being greedy corporations, increase education, leave evolution in school, stop promoting propaganda or lies for money, stop trying to fraud people, and use critical thinking skills and admit their mistakes, and exercise or sleep better or eat better to reduce heart disease, and stop making babies theres enough people right now, look at unemployment lol.

LotusPeony, on 01 Jun 2016 - 10:15 PM, said:

gotta agree with ya. if all the weapons are removed. then people have to rely on their physical powers to commit violence :(

Well to be fair more education reduces crime, so there are solutions.

I'd rather be able to choose where I could spend my tax money. Instead of it being funneled into garbage.

That's a good point, but some recognized charities you donate to can give you some money back on taxes. But also idk if you know what you are talking about or what you consider garbage but might not actually be.

gamecubeguy214, on 01 Jun 2016 - 5:48 PM, said:

I don't want to sound like a pervert, but I am not fond of age restriction. There's nothing harmful about watching it on a screen.

Its because kids are stupid and not taught by overworked parents so if they see that stuff it becomes disruptive of class when kids might act it out or talk about it then you get a lot of parents complaining, its there for a reason.

People need to stop being greedy corporations, increase education, leave evolution in school, stop promoting propaganda or lies for money, stop trying to fraud people, and use critical thinking skills and admit their mistakes, and exercise or sleep better or eat better to reduce heart disease, and stop making babies theres enough people right now, look at unemployment lol.

Well to be fair more education reduces crime, so there are solutions.

That's a good point, but some recognized charities you donate to can give you some money back on taxes. But also idk if you know what you are talking about or what you consider garbage but might not actually be.

Its because kids are stupid and not taught by overworked parents so if they see that stuff it becomes disruptive of class when kids might act it out or talk about it then you get a lot of parents complaining, its there for a reason.

Oh there's a lot of garbage my taxes are going to that have no interest in.

I wish there was less bias; the actions of a few don't define the behaviour of that group in general.

For example, just because a black man was caught stealing something, doesn't mean that every single person of African descent is going to be a criminal.

• Brohoof 2

I really want the media to stop being so..... Dumb.

All they're doing now is making new stuff up. Because they know people will follow it. Like make their own words up such as "fam" "bae" "lit" "selfie" etc.

I wish the human race would stop getting their knickers in a twist over harmless slang

• Brohoof 3

I would like the human race to stop killing animals for absolutely no reason we take their homes and food away which causes animal human conflict and the animals always pay the price, I would also like humans to leave nature alone stop destroying it and finally I would like humans to stop acting barbaric towards each other and get along stop all senseless killing and bullying which leads people to suicide we should all share this home of ours both human, animals and plant life let's learn to get along I know it may sound silly to some people, but its how I feel.

• Brohoof 2

I wish humanity would stop using drugs. I mean I have seen a lot of families broken apart by it including my own in a way. Also people do some pretty horrible things in order to get their fix or to get back money someone owes them. Not to mention they are destroying their bodies by doing these substances or their childs in the process. Has anyone heard about how marijuana can change a fetus's dna in the womb  resulting in some pretty serious birth defects or some kind of mental development delay.

I really wish humanity would stop watching/making reality TV shows.

To be honest I don't think reality TV is that bad. The only issue is that too much of it has become superficial or downright sensationalist rather than introduce any actual aspect of the program. Some are actually pretty good. Alone is pretty interesting survival reality show and the show really puts in effort to educate the viewers on certain facts. Of course there's that "reality TV" aspect to it (the contestants are asked to film themselves, after all – there is no cameramen at all to help them).

Reality TV is fine. It's when it's being used to appeal to superficial societal values like couple pairing or objectifying genders or casual sex that becomes bad. 

• Brohoof 1

Breeding. I wish they would stop breeding. For like, 20 years. There are too many humans.

Realistically, a practical way to stop breeding is not doing an oppressive "one child policy" (although it works, as it turns out it creates other problems in China), but actually just dealing with poverty, sexual assault, lack of education, all that. People who are well-educated and living with at least a decent wage ($15K a year or more – it's actually not that high to sustain yourself in most countries) overall have relatively low fertility rates. Most of the highly populated countries in the world (namely India, Indonesia, China, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, and Ethiopia) also happen have a significant population that is in poverty, illiterate, and has a high risk of disease. 

And as I said before, developed countries should actually seek to make more babies because some aren't making enough and are causing populations to age too much. South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, and Austria have it pretty bad right now. They might even have to lower wages and extend the retirement age if it worsens.

• Brohoof 2

I really wish we would all stop trying to save the planet. The planet has suffered worse than us, after we're gone, the Earth will eventually undo all the damage we've done anyways and go on with its existence. 

I also really wish we could let people be stupid, just so natural selection can do it's work. 

Also, stop messing with nature!

I wish people would stop calling people who use their phones often "zombies," and say they don't have meaningful conversations. What the actual heck? What another person does on their phone is none of their business. Besides, I usually only talk to my best friends and boyfriend over the phone...I also have a kindle app. Besides, it's people like that that make me feel like being anti social isn't such a bad idea after all.

I literally saw a Facebook post saying, "You can use the money you use to pay your cellphone to travel around the world and become open minded!"

Stop existing. I would write all the things, but that would take a 2,000,000,000 pages list to say everything. I thought it was just easier to say they should stop existing. 

If you can't tell, I recently lost faith in humanity. Now excuse me while I go regain my faith.

• Brohoof 3

When you tell people that you don't want, say, a dog, people are fine with that. Pets are a huge responsibility. They cost not only money, but also time. Not everyone is a dog-person. It's best for everyone (including the dog) to choose to not adopt if you're not up to the task.

But if you don't want KIDS??? That's completely unacceptable! You DETESTABLE HUMAN BEING! How selfish! It's the meaning of life! You'll change your mind!!!!

How about we RESPECT people's decisions. Not *selectively* respect. Just respect. Is that too much to ask? And this is just one example. *siiiiigh*

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Driving, because god we suck at it. I'm sick and tired of the road rage and the people who can't seem to read; why can't we follow the damn speed limit? 60 km/h doesn't mean 90km/h nor does it mean 40km/h. Also, if you tailgate, I genuinely hate you as a driver. Don't do that crap! I can understand you're angry, but that doesn't excuse pulling stupid unsafe choices like that which endangers both drivers. Pass them, take a sideroad or pull over for a few minutes to cool off.

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 2

Breeding. I wish they would stop breeding. For like, 20 years. There are too many humans.

You made my frickin' day.  You have no idea how happy your post made me.

But if you don't want KIDS??? That's completely unacceptable! You DETESTABLE HUMAN BEING! How selfish! It's the meaning of life! You'll change your mind!!!!

How about we RESPECT people's decisions. Not *selectively* respect. Just respect. Is that too much to ask? And this is just one example. *siiiiigh*

Omg, you just made my frickin' day, too!  I love you!  (Forgive me, I got a little excited.)  Why can't people understand that choosing not to reproduce is not selfish!  It's selfish if you have kids for the wrong reasons!

Stop existing.

Your post made me...

full.gif

This thread's AWESOME!

As for my entry....hmm....well, I should probably keep it a bit light and humorous, and not get too serious, as I don't think that was the purpose of this thread....but oh well.  I'll just go for it.  I wish the human race would stop organizing their entire lives around divisive, dogmatic books and killing each other over them.

• Brohoof 3