Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So, you think Legend of the Everfree could be the last EG?

Steve Piranha

32 users have voted

1. 1. Will be the end?

• yes
    • no

Hi guys, I've been wondering, but I think it's possible the upcoming EG movie could be the last. Why?

1- The toyline has been decreasing sales 

2- I think it would be time to build hype for it by now, but be hardly know the plot and new characters

3- With the 100% pony movie next year, it would be pointless to make a movie which would be outshined by it

So, what you think? is Legend of the Everfree the end of EG?

• Brohoof 1

It could be.

And to be honest, I would be perfectly fine with it.

After FG had Sunset Shimmer's character arc go full circle with her in the role Twilight was after helping her at the fall formal, the only thing left that I can see happening in the franchise would be the dropped subplot of Sunset wanting to go back to Equestria.

• Brohoof 1

Possibly, Possibly not. No real way to tell at this point. A fifth movie could fit in before the MLP movie if they don't do a 7th season before then, or if the series continues after the movie Equestria Girls could continue then.

Personally I hope not, I think it could go for at least a fifth movie...But I'll probably ask for a sixth if we get one. Just one more, Just one more...

• Brohoof 2

It depends, on one hand the toys have been declining, yet at the same time the Minis seem to be doing well last I heard.

Likewise, FG underperformed, but the other two had much more hype going for them as well as having theater releases as opposed to FG which only had the DF. Maybe the Netflix release of LOE might help it

• Brohoof 1

It depends, on one hand the toys have been declining, yet at the same time the Minis seem to be doing well last I heard.

Likewise, FG underperformed, but the other two had much more hype going for them as well as having theater releases as opposed to FG which only had the DF. Maybe the Netflix release of LOE might help it

to me, it seems like they aren't pushing Eqg nearly as hard as they're pushing FiM, which is why decreased sales

You see constant merch of everything for FiM, all the time

Not so much for EqG

They should just throw Sunny into FiM and let that franchise go

It depends how this one goes. 

Ratings, DVD sales, toy sales and demand will equal more human ponies.

Drop in ratings, DVD sales, toy sales, may mean Legend Of The Everfree will make it a quadrilogy.

I wouldn't mind a fifth though, personally, because...I LOVE ME SOME EQUESTRIA GIRLS :D :D :D :D

Yes, I admit it and I DON'T CARE!

_gif__r_r_e_s_3___l_i_ar__01_by_darkover

• Brohoof 2

Hi guys, I've been wondering, but I think it's possible the upcoming EG movie could be the last. Why?

1- The toyline has been decreasing sales 

2- I think it would be time to build hype for it by now, but be hardly know the plot and new characters

3- With the 100% pony movie next year, it would be pointless to make a movie which would be outshined by it

So, what you think? is Legend of the Everfree the end of EG?

Its a very real possibility. The Sales for FG were TERRIBLE compared to what they were expecting, they still have a ton of backstock left on the shelves, and the only saving grace of the EQG series at the moment is the sales of the minis.

So there's alot riding on the success of the upcoming legend of everfree movie for the continued production of EQG movies IMO. I KNOW hasbro does not want to end this series and will fight tooth and nail to keep it going because its a direct competitor to Mattel, and one of the few things they've had to go toe to toe with them on the monster high audience.

But at the same time, Things have to actually "work" for them to keep pouring money in, yeah? they scrapped the LPS series after all, so its not like they wouldn't scrap the EQG series. They'd still keep making Toys no doubt, but they'd probably try and find a cheaper way to advertise.

to me, it seems like they aren't pushing Eqg nearly as hard as they're pushing FiM, which is why decreased sales

You see constant merch of everything for FiM, all the time

Not so much for EqG

They should just throw Sunny into FiM and let that franchise go

frozen.jpg

But I don't think this'll be the last EG. Gravity Falls was the last time a series was actually planned to end. Iron Man may have blown up all his suits and got surgery for his chest, but he returns in Age of Ultron like nothing happened. Mega Man X may have destroyed Sigma for good, but Mavericks continue to be a threat like nothing happened. Gipsy Danger may have exploded to destroy the Breach, but there's going to be a Pacific Rim 2. Emperor Palpatine may have been killed in Return of The Jedi, but Star Wars movies will never stop coming. Super Sentai/Power Rangers may kill all its Big Bads, but more will never stop coming.

Even if Sunset Shimmer returns to Equestria with a completed arc, that still may not end the series.

I think they said they had Equestria Girls stuff until 2017. Personally I think they should do a series. The Dazzlings and The Shadowbolts are an example of how you can only develop so many characters in the span of a movie, the Dazzling, only numbering three, got lots of development time. The Shadowbolts were twice that much and only 2 of them had enough time to flesh them out in the form of Sour Sweet and Sugar Coat. Indigo Zap is debatable, Sunny only got a few lines and it was hard to tell what her character was supposed to represent, and poor Lemon Zest only had one line, though somehow you were instantly able to tell she was some kind of loud rocker.

• Brohoof 1

As much as I enjoy the Equestria Girls movies, I really hope so right now. Friendship Games wasn't nearly as fun as Rainbow Rocks (IMO), and if the possibility of Sunset returning to Equestria wasn't brought up, I would have been soured that Friendship Games wasn't the end.

I mean, overall, I think they did a nice job of turning a shipwreck of a toy-selling scheme into a decent series. But I don't want it to face the same problem that MLP may face in the future. My thoughts:

Stop while you're ahead. Friendship Games kinda diminished my excitement. If Legend of Everfree happens to be fantastic, and has potential for another sequel, well then, never mind.

• Brohoof 1

As much as I enjoy the Equestria Girls movies, I really hope so right now. Friendship Games wasn't nearly as fun as Rainbow Rocks (IMO), and if the possibility of Sunset returning to Equestria wasn't brought up, I would have been soured that Friendship Games wasn't the end.

I mean, overall, I think they did a nice job of turning a shipwreck of a toy-selling scheme into a decent series. But I don't want it to face the same problem that MLP may face in the future. My thoughts:

Stop while you're ahead. Friendship Games kinda diminished my excitement. If Legend of Everfree happens to be fantastic, and has potential for another sequel, well then, never mind.

FiM was also a toy selling scheme. They're still forcing toys into our faces in FiM.

I apologize if I've diverted things a bit here, but it always gets me when people mention this, usually because I just assume they don't think FiM is a toy selling scheme as well, which is wrong.

• Brohoof 1

FiM was also a toy selling scheme. They're still forcing toys into our faces in FiM.

I apologize if I've diverted things a bit here, but it always gets me when people mention this, usually because I just assume they don't think FiM is a toy selling scheme as well, which is wrong.

I understand, I just didn’t think it was necessary to mention so. I don't know for certain how much freedom the FiM team had when originally creating the show, but I'm fairly certain that Hasbro gave them a demand to make the ponies in human form. And they had to work to create a premise behind that that at least made sense. That's all I meant.

I think there could be more but they need to do it right this time. Friendship Games didn't have a smooth feel to its plot.

That's because it went through more rewrites than it should. You don't start changing the script when you are ready to do animation.

I think it's possible, but I don't think EG would end just like that. I think it'd be great if they started making a bunch Equestria Girl shorts after the last movie. Nothing too serious, just for fun really.

There's no indication that Legend of the Everfree will be the last EQG film. Personally, I think we'd probably hear if it was planned to be the last. I actually think the films are getting progressively better, so I'd be ok with the series ending on a high note, but I also wouldn't mind if it kept going. I could possibly see the EQG series taking a year off next year when the in universe film releases, but there's no indication that the EQG series is being cancelled. Sales of merch and whatnot can be a good predictor, but without official word from Hasbro, I'm just going to assume it's still going to carry on.

• Brohoof 4

That's because it went through more rewrites than it should. You don't start changing the script when you are ready to do animation.

That actually happens quite often. It's not uncommon for things to be rewritten mid-production as people start seeing things in motion and realize it just isn't working right.

Sometimes this helps and ends up making the final result better, other times it doesn't.

That said, I personally wouldn't particularly mind EG ending. I enjoyed it when it was 'ponies meet the real world', but now that it's slowly isolating itself from Equestria and becoming it's own thing in both form and function, I think I'd begin to lose interest.

If it ends though, I do hope Sunset at least gets to go home and continue her story in Equestria. Because losing Sunset is the only reason I'm hesitant on EG ending.

(edited)

I don't think it will be the end, but you never know.

There always are new characters popping into MLP to pull the plot further, so new villains appearing in the human world wouldn't surprise me.

By the way, I liked the idea with Sunset wanting to get back to Equestria. =3

I really like Equestria Girls series, so I'd gladly see it going further.

The first movie brought me to MLP, so it has a value for me.

Besides plot holes and irrational things, I love these movies! =3

Though I was completely disappointed by Friendship Games, I hope this one (and the future ones) will be much better!  :pinkie:

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 1

I'm expecting it to be, what with the FIM movie coming out next year. The movie would make sense as a big generation finisher, and I don't see room for more than four EQG movies.

I think it depends on how well this one does. Unlike FiM, where the toy sales are good enough where I could see the show continuing for the foreseeable future, EqG has been a lot less successful recently. The toy sales for Friendship Games were really bad, so if this one doesn't do better on that front, we may not get another film. If we do, I imagine they may wait until 2018, so that it isn't stealing any thunder from the FiM movie.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope not. Sunset's my favorite character from the series. If they do stop the movies, I hope they'll start a TV show or put Sunny into the new show (Guardians of Harmony, I hope). I don't think they're putting Sunny into FIM. People have made it abundantly clear they don't like change.

Although that didn't stop Twilicorn or GlimGlam. I'll cross my fingers and hold my breath.