Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I don't know why but I always wanted them to slip in something like "hell" or "pissed" in a line. In a very unnoticeable way.

Just to see how everyone will respond to it.

I'm laughing my head off just trying to picture Fluttershy saying something like "What the hell, Twilight?"  :fluttershy:

:lol:

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

If you think that's too profane, then I hope you don't hold me responsible for whatever heart attack this will induce:

Edited by SpaceOnion
  • Brohoof 1

PFFFFFFF, a stallion actually said shit in another language in the first Flim Flam episode, because it's fine to swear if people don't understand the languaje :dash:

• Brohoof 2

Alright enough guys. You all have deemed me as an over-sensitive pussy. I get your points and have gained a slightly better understanding of my original post. So thanks. 

Okey dokie lokie.

Surely you must realize that people, including ponies and children, need expressive exclamations of some type.  How much fun would it be to watch if, instead of exclaiming, "What the hay?!", Applejack exclaimed, "I find this situation to be odd, confusing, or otherwise distressing in some manner!"  (Actually, that would be kinda awesome, now that I think about it.)  Anyway, as you said, you gained understanding, so yay.

And, as a matter of fact, the ponies curse like sailors.  We just never noticed.  Observe!

• Brohoof 7

Spoilers... sorta

In the background of the newest episode when Fluttershy says "Peeved" a mother pony looks all shocked and offended and actually covers the ears of her foal.

If the word "Peeved" is considered a horrible curse in MLP that definitely supports the notion that these ponies got some mouths on them each time they say "Shoot" lol

Of course I'm pretty sure the writers are doing this just to get a laugh and they don't actually consider these silly words that take the place of cursing to actually be bad

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I'm pretty sure this is not official. Within the actual stories of each episode they probably are swearing, but they are replaced with exclamations since it's a kids show. 

Like I'm sure within the proper episode plots and not the TV show, characters are saying words like sh*t and f**k often. Like I'm pretty sure the Mane 6 would be calling each other names like "Penis Pie" and "Fuckershy".

And if my theory is correct and the ponies do swear within the show canon, I could just imagine Putting Your Hoof Down having more cussing than AVGN.

The story behind why this could be scares me. o_o

Not sure but it probably involves Soarin's ass. 

I'm pretty sure this is not official. Within the actual stories of each episode they probably are swearing, but they are replaced with exclamations since it's a kids show.

Like I'm sure within the proper episode plots and not the TV show, characters are saying words like sh*t and f**k often. Like I'm pretty sure the Mane 6 would be calling each other names like "Penis Pie" and "Fuckershy".

And if my theory is correct and the ponies do swear within the show canon, I could just imagine Putting Your Hoof Down having more cussing than AVGN.

Not sure but it probably involves Soarin's ass.

Well, it stands as a valid argument that peeved is a profane word based on observed reactions from the unintended respondents.

As someone who has no shortage of friends, very few times does a friendly ribbing go that far. Calling someone a 'dick' in jest is different than subverting a name in the ways you mentioned.

Finally, I suspect the Shitfire name's genesis likely occurred due to a flight that came to an abrupt end thanks to a plumbing mishap or manure cart (the later is less likely).

Personally, the idea of substitution never bothered me unless it is used as a gimmick or has no endearing qualities (BSG is a great example of a substitution working merely due to a whimsical approach).

• Brohoof 1

not the first time kdi medi has false swearing for exapmle Beast Wars
"Ah slag"
"for booting up cold"
a few more i can't recall but yeah it happens

Okey dokie lokie.

Surely you must realize that people, including ponies and children, need expressive exclamations of some type.  How much fun would it be to watch if, instead of exclaiming, "What the hay?!", Applejack exclaimed, "I find this situation to be odd, confusing, or otherwise distressing in some manner!"  (Actually, that would be kinda awesome, now that I think about it.)  Anyway, as you said, you gained understanding, so yay.

And, as a matter of fact, the ponies curse like sailors.  We just never noticed.  Observe!

Dude that lolz video is one of my favorite YT vids ever it's so funny

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...
On 6/1/2016 at 11:13 AM, BastementSparkle said:

Holy Guacamole! These ponies have a mouth dirtier than me, we need to get some soap and wash them out!

Seriously though, this is ridiculous. It's like when I got in trouble in 2nd grade for saying bad words like "Crap", it's dumb. These aren't curse words, they're fine.

On another note, Twilight actually DOES swear in one of the comics. It's censored with some line like "Oh Cheeseburger" or something, but it's pretty clear she's cursing.

Or maybe she's just saying "Oh Shoot" again, naughty little pony.

Which comic is that?

On 7/14/2016 at 4:10 PM, Anonymous Old User Who Has Left said:

Dude that lolz video is one of my favorite YT vids ever it's so funny

I guess. But somepony made that video. 

I wouldn't call any of those particular phrases curse words. They more so serve as substitutes for curses. Given the demographic, I doubt actual swearing would ever be intentionally included.

I really wouldn't call any of that swearing. They're not using the actual words, and even in a kids' show characters should be allowed to voice displeasure or surprise in a way that real people would. What else would they say? 'Oh dear' seems to me like it's shortened from 'Oh dear God' or something that, using Celestia's name in a similar way clearly has the same origins, which according to this post is swearing as well. While everyone's entitled to their own opinions, seeing all this as being 'swearing' is IMO severely overreacting.

• 1 year later...