Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Favorite Background Pony?

LyraHeartstrings

POLL DANCING  

293 users have voted

1. 1. Background ponies; which are your favorites?

• Derpy Hooves
    • Vinyl Scratch/DJ PON-3
    • Octavia
    • Doctor Whooves
    • Lyra
    • Bon-Bon
    • Nurse Redheart
    • Minuette
    • Berry Punch
    • Carrot Top
    • Screwball
    • Aloe/Lotus
    • Fleur de Lis
    • Ace
    • Other (please specify)

Kinda upset nopony chose Berry Punch... (including me :P) She really hasn't been a part of the fandom that much. Probably because it's hard to see a drunk in ponyville, and that's what everypony sees her as, but she is also the 'protective parent pony.' She doesn't have enough recognition for that...

But Lyra is still my fav!

Kinda upset nopony chose Berry Punch... (including me :P) She really hasn't been a part of the fandom that much. Probably because it's hard to see a drunk in ponyville, and that's what everypony sees her as, but she is also the 'protective parent pony.' She doesn't have enough recognition for that...

But Lyra is still my fav!

I really like Berry, myself, she's one of my favourites. I just like Octavia more, that's all. I think it's awesome that Berry Punch being an alcoholic is kind-of canon. For those who don't know, one of the animators confirmed in an interview that they all thought of her as a drunk, hence the punch bowl scene with her. Of course, they couldn't make any more explicit reference than that, so they were all quite pleased that the brony community picked up on it.
  • Brohoof 2

Interesting, looks like Octavia has more followers than DJ-PON-3. Would not have expected that.

Personally I'm going with the all-time favorite Derpy. She's just so much fun to look for because you see her in so many episodes. As I'm still a fairly new brony whenever I rewatch an episode I try and spot her.

Go Octavia! Not only do I love her design, but I've been a fan of great classical, orchestral music as long as I can remember (having gone as far as to write a 9-minute orchestral piece myself). The cello is definitely one of the more majestic, powerful instruments in the orchestra, and I see Octavia's personality reflecting her instrument.

Also, add me to the list of people wondering how the hell she plays it with hooves.

off topic(but I need to know: how do I post images on here? do they have to come from google or can I use ones on my hard drive?)

If the image is from another website, press the picture of a tree in the editor and paste in the URL to it. I'd also recommend trying out the attachment system from the "full" editor page (click "More Reply Options" at the bottom of the page).

I always have such a hard time choosing. Derpy's one of my favorites of course. Anypony that loves muffins is alright in my book. But visually, I think DJ PON-3 has an amazing design. I also like Trixie. though whether she could be called a background pony is debatable. I hope to see more of her in season 2. Same with Vinyl Scratch.

Vinyl Scratch. I love that even though she only had 4 seconds of screen time, she has become as popular as most of the secondary characters in the show. I love seeing and reading everyponies take on her character and what they interpret from the few short seconds we see of her.

Octavia is in second place now! I didn't expect that!

Here's to hoping she appears again in the second season.

Edited by Chorda

Octavia is in second place now! I didn't expect that!

A little bit of class and refinement can go a long way. ;)

post-151-0-83592100-1317951750_thumb.png

I feel like she needs more love. She had the same amount of screentime as Octavia, am I right?

Yeah, but the cello is a much more awesome instrument in my opinion. Plus she plays it with her hooves, and without magic. How many earth ponies are that talented?

Yeah, but the cello is a much more awesome instrument in my opinion.

Posted Image

I knew it! It's because it's a wind instrument she plays. =(

Plus she plays it with her hooves, and without magic. How many earth ponies are that talented?

I doubt that's a real reasoning as to why Octavia is more popular.

I mean, there's also the piano player who plays without magic. Does he even have a fan name?

Edited by Chorda

I knew it! It's because it's a wind instrument she plays. =(

I doubt that's a real reasoning as to why Octavia is more popular.

I guess the fans just love her more. And I do prefer string instruments to wind.

Posted Image

I mean, there's also the piano player who plays without magic. Does he even have a fan name?

EVERY background pony has a fan name. Every. Single. One.

In response to the thread, my favorite is Lyra. I know she's a popular choice, but when I first noticed her in Dragonshy, it was pure awesome.

Edited by Pony Joe
  • Brohoof 1

Time Lords make the best background ponies. Especially when they can be in three places at once.

Posted Image