Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which is your favourite song from mlp fim and why?

Tarnation

Favourite song from MLP FIM  

38 users have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite song

• This day aria
    • Babs seed
    • You will play your part
    • Spectacle
    • Magic inside
    • What my cutie mark is telling me
    • True true friend
    • Magic inside
    • Smile song
    • May the best pet win
    • The theme song!!!
    • BBBFF
    • Raise this barn
    • Castle a home
    • The failure song
    • Getting popular
    • Other (please specify)
    • Out on my own
    • Pony I wanna be

(edited)

What is it? Mine is this day aria. Because I like the tune and I found it interesting as there were 2 Cadences

Edited by Cocoa-sweet-Rarity

Pinkies Smile song by far. That song helped me through alot of depressing nights when I couldn't fall asleep back in the day, and this was also when I had just started watching the show as well. I used to sing it in my head all the time to make myself feel better. Every time I listen to it nowadays I start bawling out tears even though it's a happy song. It's also the only song I know all of the lyrics to.

• Brohoof 1

Pinkies Smile song by far. That song helped me through alot of depressing nights when I couldn't fall asleep back in the day, and this was also when I had just started watching the show as well. I used to sing it in my head all the time to make myself feel better. Every time I listen to it nowadays I start bawling out tears even though it's a happy song. It's also the only song I know all of the lyrics to.

I have to agree with you on this one. Everything you just said is what i am thinking :pinkie:

It's just so original too

• Brohoof 1

My favorite song used to be Babs Seed. But then Just A Pony came out and that quickly became my favorite. Why it is my favorite is pretty simple, the lyrics are really heartfelt and beautiful and Lena Hall does an excellent job delivering the vocals.

I liked the "Bats" song, as it described how take-charge A.J could be, and how she can refuse to listen to other alternatives that people might have suggested after she made up her mind. That, and I just thought that it had a catchy tune.  :smug:

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

So many choices, and such riches aplenty.

I'm going to go for 'Hearts strong as horses', it's just really catchy and upbeat, and the sequence in the cartoon when they're singing it is just really cool.

It's not without competition though, 'You'll play your part' was very moving (also, Luna sings, squee!), 'Smile smile smile' was just the best summary of a character that we have seen on the entire show, and also 'Let the rainbow remind you', which came as a very uplifting end to what was a relatively dark episode.  Finally, 'The magic inside', is not just a great song for MLP, it's a great song full stop.

Edited by Concerned Bystander
  • Brohoof 2

Getting Popular? :confused:

Art of the Dress is not included. I really don't think it should be lumped in with Giggle at the Ghosties. Pass.

• Brohoof 3

Oh Lordy, Decisions.....Decisions

At first, I was very tempted to go with "This day aria" or  "Hearts as strong as horses"

but then I remembered how much I loved "may the best pet win" and just everything about it :D

So that's what I'll stick with.

@@Stardust*

As much as I love the original of that song, I am a big fan of the Aviators remix. Have you heard it?

• Brohoof 1

My favorite song from the series is The Magic Inside (I Am Just A Pony). That song is truly marvelous and I was so surprised that the show could produce such a thing.

Getting Popular? :confused:

Art of the Dress is not included. I really don't think it should be lumped in with Giggle at the Ghosties. Pass.

Art of the Dress deserves its own spot on that list. It's such a fantastic tribute to Sondheim and it solidified Rarity as best pony in my eyes. I mean, I already knew she was the best. But pairing her with that song just completely sealed the deal.

I would put any Rarity song on the top of this list, easily. But...I really don't know what my number one is. Daniel Ingram is too talented for me to pick one song. I love all of it, I seriously don't know how to choose. 

• Brohoof 2

Twilight's "Sweep" remix.

hahahahahahahahaha jk. kind of.

I actually can't pick just one so here's my top five:

1. Find the Music in You - Big Mac & Fluttershy's voices are dreamy. This always gets stuck in my head. Bum bum bum bada badum bum bum bum bada-aaaaah!

2. Make A Wish - Simply because this song makes me wanna PARTAAAAAY!

3. Hearts Strong as Horses - I loooove the banjo/guitar/whatever-it-is in the background. It is such a joyful and inspiring song. 

4. Becoming Popular - This song has a beat that makes me bop along and I just adore the overall feel of it.

5. Smile - It's just. so. HAPPY. <3

• Brohoof 2

Oh boy! So many decisions! I like all of them, but if I had to choose one I would probably pick Hearth's Warming Eve is here once again.

I also love Out on My Own. It's so tear-jerking.

I have no idea why I love most of the songs in the show, some just appeal to me more than others.

Favourites:

-Hearts as Strong as Horses

-Say Goodbye to the Holidays

-Unleash the Magic

-all Crusaders of the Lost Mark Songs

-Smile Smile Smile

-Sweep Sweep Sweep

-Friends are Always There for You

-etc

"Babs seed" is so catchy and the CMCs singing the chorus really nailed it for me and who couldn't forget the video montage that was playing during that song. Second fave would be, "I'm just a Pony" sung by Coloratura. It's a real eye-opener in a show like MLP and the way Rara presented her emotion to the audience in the show and to the viewers were simply astonishing. I want more songs just like it!