• I didn't care for it.
    • The meh is strong with this one.
    • I liked it! *squee*
    • I REALLY LOVED IT!!! <3

Mr. and Mrs Shy... so does that mean it's Fluttershy Shy or Flutter Shy? :huh:

Good episode anyway. I'll post full thoughts soon. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Zephyr was so awful throughout the episode that I still couldn't care for him or his struggle by the end.

On the other hand Rainbow and Fluttershy were in top form so I can forgive it.

But now I'm left wondering where the hell was this Dash when Dave Rapp wrote ND

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 8

Mr. and Mrs Shy... so does that mean it's Fluttershy Shy or Flutter Shy? :huh:

I was thinking the exact same thing...

I liked the episode, there was a few moments I didn't like so much but overall it was better than last weeks episode IMO.

Okay, I may have trouble doing a job myself like Zeph. But unlike Zeph, I don't crush on Rainbow Dash. I crush on friendly males  :blush:  

• Brohoof 1

Fluttershy has a family my mind is blown! :blink:

But yeah despite that, the episode was just alright. Zephyr is a huge idiot but I did at least enjoy how Fluttershy was trying to deal with him. And hey, at least he turned out slightly less annoying in the end right? ;)

I did really find him flirting with Rainbow Dash hilarious though... kinda rooting for that ship because it would be so stupid yet perfect lol :P

• Brohoof 1

I am going to have to say that is one of my most favorite episodes! :squee:

Fluttershy was adorable! And it did answer some questions that was in the little clip thread from the other day. 

I very much approve! 

I'm predicting a lot of hate for this one before I even look at the posts. Anyhow...I liked it, to be honest. It was funny and charming, but Fluttershy's brother annoyed me half to death. Anyhow, I saw a lot of things worthy of new threads...well...kinda. More cartoon things for over-analysis, to be honest.

• Brohoof 1

I've seen plenty of examples of this Zephyr in real life and in certain forms of entertainment as well. I'm so glad they showed Fluttershy's family and I know where she gets her personality quirks. Though I think it may be a while before Zephyr can be relied on to carry the element of Kindness if Fluttershy is unable to.

Plus, How many times has MLP crossed over into issues that adults face, such as employment and motivation to work like today.

• Brohoof 1

It was an all right episode, nothing special. The problem was that Fluttershy's brother was annoying - and not annoying in a good way like Discord - just annoying. At first I thought I was going to really hate this episode, but it improved considerably when we came back to Ponyville. There were a few laughs - Fluttershy's brother (why can't I remember his name?) tricking Spike into cleaning all the windows gave me a laugh out loud moment. Plus the song was an unexpected bonus.

(edited)

Much better than I expected after the preview showed Zephyr to be a real tool.  Fluttershy was in top form this entire episode, but the rest of the cast weren't slouches either and it was nice to see that Fluttershy's come a long way from her default shyness in previous season.

Yep, Zephyr's an annoying, self-absorbed freeloader, but since he's meant to be a Hate Sink, the fact that I hate him so much doesn't negatively impact the episode in some bizarro way. Speaking of that, his introduction was slightly better than Shining Armor's, since when he was revealed to be Twilight's brother, her friends seemed to know little about him besides the fact that he exists. Applejack and Pinkie Pie, on the other hoof, are already acquainted with Zephyr's... personality.

And, oh the faces in this episode. From Rainbow Dash's reactions to Zephyr hitting on her (complete with realistic horse noise!), to Rarity's upturned lip, to the many face of peeved Fluttershy with messy mane. 

Plus, holy crap, for the second time somepony actually acknowledged that Fluttershy and her friends have saved Equestria in the past. I really hope this trend continues throughout the season and beyond.

Although, the song feels kind of tacked on in the end. Still, this was an enjoyable episode overall in the end.

Megas, on 04 Jun 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

Can't believe I missed this. Link is now a My Little Pony character 

sig-4547470.1170002__safe_fluttershy_scr

Cart of Ruppies? Check. Heart container Cutie Mark? Check. Same breed as Epona? Yep. Iconic fairy hat? Check. That's Link alright, and they're not even being subtle about it!

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 9

(edited)

So yay Fluttershy time!

What I liked:

Fluttershy: Man she was in top form today. I mean still shy but with a nice amount of confidence and push.

Rainbow Dash: Nice balance for Fluttershy and I liked how they used her past with Fluttershy.

Zephyr: Yes I know he's a dick, but I like hi because I do see part myself in him and he was not the worst thing ever. Also the morale with him was decent and it was more about him not trying than him living at home. Also I liked how the Mane 6 knew about Zephyr instead of them pulling another Shining Armor. And he pulled a Tom Sawyer on Spike

The tone: Nice lighthearted one that really fit the episode IMO

Fluttershy's parents: We got to see them!

What I didn't like:

ZephyrXRainbow Dash: No Nonononononnononnonononnonononnono NO! Second worst ship 

Fluttershy's Mom's voice: Why wasn't she voice by Andrea Libman!!!!!!

Twilight: It's been how long and you're now only hiring help?!

What was meh:

The Song: meh, though it's only the third episode this season with one, and we're 11 episodes in.

What was ????: How do flowers grow on clouds?

So I really enjoyed this episode. I admit a bias as Fluttershy is my favorite and I like any episode where she is amazing, so yeah, good episode.

Edited by Sidral Mundet
  • Brohoof 1

Pretty good episode. I'm pretty sure we all are or know of someone who goes through the issues Zephyr faces. Though Zephyr as a character is quite unlikable. From annoying side comments to laziness to flirting.
  • Brohoof 1

This episode was a good one, but this season's best for sure.

The strong point of today's episode was Fluttershy, her caracter was just great throughout the story and she did the best to change Zephyr's ways.

It's really nice to see that all her developpement she got has paid off in this episode :squee:

Talking about Zephyr, I can understand his caracter but his actions were so questionnable throughout the episode that it didn't help it that much, but at least he changed and that could have gone much worser. I could just say that his caracter was just like that for our negative reactions, and that is not good >_>

Also, the pace seemed really rushed at the end somehow.

But you know, the episode wasn't that much flawed and some of the caracters really made this one up for the best.

TL;DR: A great Fluttershy episode, that showcases his brother in a bad way with actions that are really questionnable, but in the end it was not that bad and helped the episode.

Rating: 8/10

• Brohoof 1

Can't believe I missed this. Link is now a My Little Pony character 

1170002__safe_fluttershy_screencap_lyra+

This is fantastic! LOL. 

I am going to have to watch the episode again with no distractions lol. I had two little fillies of my own trying to watch, and then making replies lol. I must have been replying when this happened, cuz I completely missed it. 

• Brohoof 1

They say what you really are comes out in the dark. With Zeph alone in the woods, we see his true self of being upset at not being able to take care of himself; angrily knocking the camping equipment away when he can't even make a simple fire. Now, feeling angry that one can't take care of oneself is exactly what I can relate to.

• Brohoof 2

Loved it. Also ... Zephyr is my sister-in-law confirmed. I've seen that kid drop out of college TWICE because of a crippling fear of failure.

Loved the jokes about Dash and Zephyr. Momma Shy's comment at the end was fucking hilarious! Obviously he has a crush on her ... poor Opal. The early morning walk was gorgeous!

• Brohoof 1

First of all, Zephyr Breeze is a pony version of Tyler Breeze for me:

It might not have been as bad, as it might be. But i just hate the Zephyr character and he really ruined the mood of this episode for me. Only cares about himself, is not very nice, treats his own parents like shit and has accomplished absolutely nothing in his life. He is the kinda guy, i don't want to be around.

This is very subjective and i can see some redeemable qualities in this episode, like Flutters keeping her assertiveness. But Zephyr really ruined the episode for me. I am sorry.

Well, here's the self-introspective side of me.

To me, I really liked the episode for one reason, but also hated it for the same reason -- Zephyr is a pretty accurate representation of me. I know a lot of you who know me from here will be all "Oh no, you can't possibly be that much of a jerk, you're such a nice person!", but... honestly, I'm a REAL jerk IRL.

For one, I'd been freeloading on my parents from ever since I finished high school up to about a month and a half ago, when I got my job. That's about eight months. And it's not like I wanted to get a job then -- everything was fine; I had a phone, a decent computer, and friends on the internet that I could talk to if I needed someone. Curfew was out the window, I was an arrogant SOB and stubbornly lazy. And kind of a flirty douche. Only difference between me and Zephyr was the fact that I had decent survival training, so I could actually survive in the woods if I needed to.

That all changed when our monthly internet plan changed, and I was forced to pay $60 a month for my internet access. Honestly, the thing I was most afraid of was losing you guys, my friends on MLP Forums. I was so mad at my parents for making me pay for the internet that I simply jutted out my jaw, grabbed a pen and a bike, and headed off to find a job. Fifteen hours later, I'd secured employment at Little Caesars Pizza, and am now semi-happily employed, making about $400 a month.

So yeah, this episode has a lot to do with me. I'm still a jerk sometimes, and when I'm not working I like to browse the internet and drink coffee. And I'm still a flirty douche. But like Zephyr, I'm taking baby steps towards bettering myself.

(I still have an inferiority complex, bipolar disorder, and a shocking inability to make friends to deal with, but hey... I'm up for it)

Because the episode portrays recent events in my life so clearly, I both like it and dislike it. I like it because it's a very true-to-life lesson; if you're a lazy bum, you deserve to be mistreated. Go out and get a job, mother bucker. But I also dislike it, mainly because it shows me how much of a jerk I was beforehand, and I don't like bringing up foul memories.

The only real issue I have is that the "climax" of the episode is a musical number. The message "pull yourself up out of bed and get a job" is still there, but I can't stand musical numbers. It seems like the moral is "if your older sister sings at you, you'll get a job". And while that may be true for some people (honestly I can't stand a second of my older sister singing to me), it's still very... well, childish. Getting a job is easy, but remaining employed is really hard -- especially for the first month or so. You'll want to quit, but you can't let the world beat you. You really do have to pull yourself up by your own bootstraps.

"Not everyone is created equal... some are quicker to make an excuse than a commitment. But we live in a world where if you don't decide to be the very best, someone will step up and be happy to take your place. Today we've scaled a new peak, and you know what? View's pretty good from up here." -- Jon Jafari

(He then proceeded to be sorely disappointed)

...Anyway, this post got has run its course and is kinda long-winded. I think I'll end off here.

Stay frosty!

• Brohoof 2

Much better than I expected after the preview showed Zephyr to be a real tool.  Fluttershy was in top form this entire episode, but the rest of the cast weren't slouches either and it was nice to see that Fluttershy's come a long way from her default shyness in previous season.

Yep, Zephyr's an annoying, self-absorbed freeloader, but since he's meant to be a Hate Sink, the fact that I hate him so much doesn't negatively impact the episode in some bizarro way. Speaking of that, his introduction was slightly better than Shining Armor's, since when he was revealed to be Twilight's brother, her friends seemed to know little about him besides the fact that he exists. Applejack and Pinkie Pie, on the other hoof, are already acquainted with Zephyr's... personality.

And, oh the faces in this episode. From Rainbow Dash's reactions to Zephyr hitting on her (complete with realistic horse noise!), to Rarity's upturned lip, to the many face of peeved Fluttershy with messy mane. 

Plus, holy crap, for the second time somepony actually acknowledged that Fluttershy and her friends have saved Equestria in the past. I really hope this trend continues throughout the season and beyond.

Although, the song feels kind of tacked on in the end. Still, this was an enjoyable episode overall in the end. 

You said it all, and you said it well! I couldn't agree more. 

• Brohoof 1

They say what you really are comes out in the dark. With Zeph alone in the woods, we see his true self of being upset at not being able to take care of himself; angrily knocking the camping equipment away when he can't even make a simple fire. Now, feeling angry that one can't take care of oneself is exactly what I can relate to.

Aye. Its called hitting rock-bottom. Seen it in family and friends. Experienced it myself in college back in the 90's.

Funny ... another mature moral. Seems to be happening more often lately.

• Brohoof 3