Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Favourite music from the Pokémon series?

Dark Horse

Oh my goodness there are so many I could list. But I remember playing Soul Silver through the first time as a kid. When I first stepped into Ecruteak City I found the music to be so lovely and relaxing. I'd linger there just to listen to the music a little longer.

Then of course there's the perfect spook of the Ice Path / Dark Cave and Lavender Town.

Also a huge fan of a lot of Black/White tunes, particularly Opelucid City and Emotion.

But my number one favourite Pokémon track is, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the Pallet Town theme. This is the music that played when I got my very first Pokémon, a charmander, and it's the music that always brings me back to the initial sense of wonder from playing Blue version for the first time. (:

(edited)

Beware, I'm pulling out a song from the pokemon live musical playlist! :okiedokieloki:

I'm a bit biased because I actually saw it in person when I was a kid, but eh, my opinion. From the games though, I'm a bit torn between Agate Village's theme and pyrite's theme with the finger snapping... I guess Agate pulls ahead slightly because I actually bothered learning parts of it for my harmonica. I'd learn the whole thing if I had a chromatic.

(Also while im out of YouTube videos, Lugias song from Pokemon 2000 always sends multiple shivers down my spine.)

Edited by Celtore

Do Pokemon movies count? If so, then the song Brother, My Brother by Blessid Union of Souls. It was featured in Pokemon: The First Movie.

I like this song, the Team Rocket song. I used to belong to a Team Rocket message board called Team Rocket Omega. They had rp's and some members did cosplay to represent Team Rocket. I will always love Team Rocket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ztc3lPMpKKA

Rachael Lillis and Eric Stuart are pretty good singers. I love James' horse laugh. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Boy does this bring back nostalgia from my childhood.. Thats for sure!

Honestly think the remix is better than the original though

Edited by AtomicStone

• 1 year later...

My favourite boss theme:

My favourite champion theme:

My favourite route theme:

My Favourite legendary theme:

My favourite trainer theme:

Favourite grunt theme:

My favourite team themes:

• Brohoof 1

I actually prefer the Mystery Dungeon series to the rest of the main series, and my favourite music piece has to be this song from Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness. In context, it's such a powerful and moving song.

• Brohoof 1

My favorites are usually the ones that play in the cities/towns. ^_^

Black and White had a ton of great town music, especially this one!

And the sequels' music too!

"Ecruteak City" from HGSS is really great too :ooh: 

Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 1

Another theme I like is when you have to fight against Primal Dialga in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers Of Time / Darkness :lol:

Overall, this is a VERY emotional fight. You've been to the future and you know what's gonna happen if you fail...

...and it's up to you and your partner to stop that from happening. This and the Dialga / Palkia theme are the reasons WHY I LOVE Dialga SO much :wub:

Also...WHERE'S MY PRIMAL DIALGA GAME-FREAK!!! :angry: YOU MADE PRIMAL VERSIONS OF GROUDON AND KYOGRE!!! DON'T YOU DARE LEAVE DIALGA OUT!!! :baconmane:

...and this theme :muffins: those Kecleon messed me up in more ways than one!!! 

Edited by SolarFlare13

• 3 weeks later...

being a bit biast, but the entire ST for Red and Blue, because I grew up with it, I have no fave. but I will also throw in a few others,

My big fave being Route 113 from Ruby/Sapphire as its so unique, also I got to see this show last year and I almost cried when they played it. Listen! 

The other special mentions go to:

- X & Y Gym Leader Battle theme

- Pokemon Colosseum OST (all of it, but the first battle is great)

- and Valley from Pokemon Snap!

• Brohoof 1

• 8 months later...

Follow Me <3

Route 1 because this song brings me back to my Pokemon Yellow days. <3

I always liked the way this one sounded. XD

N's Room was also one of my more recent favorites of all time. I have a thing for music boxes, and I just find this sort of comforting.

Last but not least... LAVENDER TOWN!!! <3

Those are the ones that mean a lot to me. I've played since Pokemon Yellow, so I have a loooooot of favorites.

• Brohoof 1

I didn't finish my original post here... (this post will only be from the main series though, nothing from Mystery Dungeon games)

My favorite Champion theme (as already mentioned) is the champion theme from HGSS, but Diamond and Pearl's is a close second and Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire's is third.

My favorite route theme: Route 26 (HGSS, don't like the Silver/Gold version, I find it depressing :huh:). Route 216 from DPPt is a close second, and Route 1 from RBY is third (though I'd say it's nearly a tier between that version and the one from HGSS)..

My favorite town theme: Twinleaf Town (DPPt, brings back memories. Night version is slightly better), A close second  would be Lavender Town (HGSS, personal second would be FRLG), third would be Pallet Town (Red/Blue, but HGSS is better if it's sped up to 1.25x)

Favorite Elite Four Theme: Sinnoh's (DPPt), hand's down. But second would probably be Hoenn's (ORAS, can't stand the clapping in the original :dry:).

#Gen4forbestgeneration

Edited by Dusk Noire
  • Brohoof 1

Lately I've really come to like Union Cave.

Of course, I found it to be worth listening to back when I first heard it playing through G/S/C. However, lately I've been able to put into words why I like it so much. It reminds me of Stravinsky! After playing Rite of Spring in orchestra years back, I had warmed up to Stravinsky and really liked the beginning of part 2. In this particular part of Rite of Spring, the melody/part that starts around 1:47 is very similar in melody and feel.

• Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...
(edited)

The battle with Cynthia in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. Honestly, one of my favourite themes in any game. The Elite 4 theme in ORAS is also good stuff.

Edited by Cash_In

Oh, come on. You know that picking favourite music from the Pokemon series is way too hard for me. :mlp_please: But based on from the top of my head you can say these are my favourites...

Route 225 Daytime

Spoiler

Ho-oh (HGSS)

Spoiler

Mt Blaze (PMD Rescue Team)

Spoiler

The Rescue for Latios (Anime OST track)

Spoiler

More will be added... eventually.