Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Are you vegetarian,vegan or non vege?

Tarnation

I don’t like meat all that much so I don’t eat it very often, maybe only once or twice a week. And even then it’s only like a piece of prosciutto in my pasta or something :P 

When I get the chance I also like fancy meat, like quail :proud: 

I do really like vegetables :nom: 

Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not a vegan or vegetarian nor do I plan to be. I eat an omnivorous diet consisting of meat, grains, fruits, vegetables, and anything else I feel like eating. Though I'm perfectly fine with people who do it as long as they don't try to shove some sort of moral agenda on me. It's their decision what to and what not to eat.

But seriously people if I had to go vegan I couldn't eat bacon. That would end me, just saying. 

I have moved my diet to more vegetable heavy recently but I still do eat meat from time to time. I do find it hard to ethically justify meat consumption with current farming standards. Especially when other options are possible and generally healthier sorta. So while I do not judge others I am moving to less meat then I used to and I truly hope cloned meat is a reality in the next five or so years. 

• Brohoof 2

I have respect for such, but I am usually not. However for religious reasons I cut out meat on Fridays, and during Lent and Advent except Sundays, as long as I am getting food just for myself, I am vegetarian, and try to be vegan (except fish are okay for some reason). It's actually pretty healthy. And it's more representative of our ancestors;' diet. We eat a lot of meat these days, and we eat it often. But that's a modern privilege. It's good to recognize this.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I was a vegetarian for a year but I had to change back to omnivore due to health reasons.  As much as I wanted it to work out for me, I don't think it was going to long term.

I am not a vegetarian, so I do eat meat. However, I don’t eat it often. I honestly cannot stand steak or bacon. I really only eat chicken and turkey but even then, it’s not often. 

• 6 months later...

Well, I really like veggies! But I'm not by any chance vegetarian/vegan. But I do know a member (namely, @Aribts123) of the forums who is a vegetarian because she consumes dairy. (She's banned, though. Idk why) She's pretty new to this as she is currently in her 3rd-4th week of being vegetarian. She said she became a vegetarian because she feels like animals are just like humans and they have feelings, which kind of made me feel bad.

Though, what can I do? I just have the opposite mindset as hers. I feel like humans were meant to eat meat. It supplies a lot of essential nutrients to the human body and the only other way to obtain these essential nutrients is by taking artificial protein, which I feel takes up a lot of money. But that's not the main reason. It's mainly because I just hate artificial stuff. Though, my mother and I use cruelty-free cosmetics. That counts for something, right?

I'm currently trying to change my diet. Obviously I am not going to go full on vegetarian, but I have been watching some stuff. Most of the essential components in food that help build muscles come from plants, not meat. Meat from cows, horses and other grazers who eat plants only give you a portion of the nutrients that come from the plants they eat.

So I am going to be changing to a more plant based diet for my workout routines. I am still going to be eating meat though, it is just that delicious~ 

I eat most things, except asparagus.

While trying to live on vegan food for an evening, life got very sad. So I will probably never become a vegan.

1100 milestone reached

• Brohoof 2

8 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

I eat most things, except asparagus.

While trying to live on vegan food for an evening, life got very sad. So I will probably never become a vegan.

1100 milestone reached

You can't live without köttbullar and potatiskorv :D 

• Brohoof 2