Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The current state of MLPforums

honk friend

Not if you follow the the Ancillaries of the Faith. Seriously ... there is a difference between debate and prettying up (and sanctioning) racism. Not happy with what I have read today. 

I don't, I have no idea what that is.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
(edited)

I don't know, all my post are semi-troll posts, albeit I don't think anyone actually noticed me.

But still, I think it should be our freedom as internet goer to be a bunch of detestable assholes and extremely ignorant in general. And to be frank with you, I don't think censorship will hide the fact that we are indeed, pretty lame. 

Edited by White

I'll try to appeal it. but I don't have any hope for it
That is too much, how can you be so passionate but yet you did not even try to use the system in your favor, you just assume everyone is out to get you?

im new to this site but i could tell something was up when the Feminism thread had ZERO criticisms and they were praising Sarkeesian when in reality she's almost always wrong/cherry picks and her website hired an actual legitimate convicted Pedophile who fought for no age of consent 

I don't know, all my post are semi-troll posts, albeit I don't think anyone actually noticed me.

But still, I think it should be our freedom as internet goer to be a bunch of detestable assholes and extremely ignorant in general. And to be frank with you, I don't think censorship will hide the fact that we are indeed, pretty lame.

Actually, I noticed some of your subtle trolling from the off set. From the purposefully grammatically incorrect sentences to the recent use of "they". I thought you were actually really clever about it. :orly:

im new to this site but i could tell something was up when the Feminism thread had ZERO criticisms and they were praising Sarkeesian when in reality she's almost always wrong/cherry picks and her website hired an actual legitimate convicted Pedophile who fought for no age of consent

Going based on the fact that you only have 9 posts I can tell you why right now, that thread you mentioned is not a debate thread. Same thing with the Christian thread. The purpose behind those topics is to bring people together with like minded values and beliefs. In fact if you were to post what you said here in that topic it would be moderated because it isn't debate topic.

Eventually, after 100 posts, you will have access to a new forum called Debate Pit. You have plenty of discussions related to feminism that are actual debates about the movement and values of it.

• Brohoof 1

Ummm I made a thread criticizing her quite heavily some time ago and it was met with tons of approval.

(edited)
Actually, I noticed some of your subtle trolling from the off set. From the purposefully grammatically incorrect sentences to the recent use of "they". I thought you were actually really clever about it.

No, the grammatical errors were simply grammatical errors. Nothing clever about them.

Edited by White

No, the grammatical errors were simply grammatical errors.

Oh right , I meant spelling not grammar, and really? I was certain I remembered a user who used to edit their posts to leave little mistakes on purpose. I was pretty dang sure it was you.  :wacko:

Guess I was mistaken then

Oh right , I meant spelling not grammar, and really? I was certain I remembered a user who used to edit their posts to leave little mistakes on purpose. I was pretty dang sure it was you.  :wacko:

Guess I was mistaken then

I can't tell whether you are being sarcastic. I do constantly edit my post to correct grammatical mistakes.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm going to throw my hat into the ring here and say that first of all, I don't think I've ever encountered any staff member that has been outright disrespectful to any members here.  On the contrary, at times it almost seems like they go out of their way to NOT be like that. 

Secondly, as far as enforcement of the rules goes.  I honestly think this is one of the more patient and lenient sites I've seen.  And also one of the most fair.  And I've been on quite a few.

I've been on forums that have very blatantly plagiarized material and layouts from other message boards and websites and I have been outright banned for calling them out on it (to which I respond by contacting the original owner of the work and informing them).  One of those forums actually has the nerve to claim ownership of things they stole from other sites (again, I've caught them on this too).  And I've also been on sites where the rules are so tightly enforced that you have to walk on eggshells to avoid the banhammer (those are the kinds of sites that make entire fandoms look bad and creepy).

But nothing like that here.  The only thing I really see is occasionally a topic gets closed or a post that asks people to stay on topic.  And most of the time, it makes sense when moderation happens.

So yeah.  I'm not entirely sure what the fuss is about. 

Mind you, if something were to happen, you would hear about it from me.  As most people here know, I'm not one to pull punches.

But so far, there really haven't been any problems that I've noticed.

Edited by SBaby
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

I actually am strongly inclined to agree with the OP. I've never had a warning point against me, but I've apparently come close a few times due to instances where I might have said something completely benign and an overzealous mod came by and put an ax to the post. It's to the point where I've almost stopped posting here entirely and have lost a lot of respect for the moderation team. It's hard to take a mod seriously when some of them come off as 20 year old, over protective, hug boxy, kids.