Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Need Ideas for New Concept Album

GuyWithAmp

So, after the release of my previous album, Nightfall, which you can find here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKFPYOFRF3g, I've been having issues getting back into the groove of writing music again. I don't even know where to start for making the story, and every time I sit down to work on it, I don't get any ideas and just end up banging my head on my keyboard hoping to get something.

So, I'm asking you all if you have any ideas for what I can write. I'll probably be very active in this thread, building off of the ideas shared here to get a really solid concept down for me to write.

Hey...I can work together with you. I'm a writer myself. I listened to a bit of your Nightfall album and have to point this out: some of your playing could be a little cleaner. 

So, I have an idea were we can write an album about Twilight's journey thus far. Starting from when she was a filly, to where she is now. It could be a symphonic rock/metal fusion, since I'm classically trained. Let's chat sometime about this. 

(edited)
I listened to a bit of your Nightfall album and have to point this out: some of your playing could be a little cleaner. 

Yeah, Nightfall was written on some really bad mastering software. Already, I've gotten much better software and my guitar actually sounds like distorted guitar rather than just dirty, fuzz guitar. 

Anyways, feel free to add me on Skype or Discord.

Skype name: apuppy120

Discord name: GuyWithAmp#3192

Also, anyone else feel free to drop in if you want to help out or contribute ideas.

Edited by GuyWithAmp

First off, way to go on putting together an entire concept album!

I'm just shooting from the hip, but twillight's journey sounds like a good idea for a concept album. Another might be the story of the fall of the griffon kingdom, ending with the faintest hope as two ponies come to town.

Either way, you're in good hands with C. Thunder Dash!

• 4 weeks later...

This may be too complex of a story, but here it goes:

Nightmare Moon has taken over Equestria.

She has gotten what she wanted and loves it. But she realizes that instead of ruling the country with power and might, she's now starting to take compromises, take ideas from other ponies, and not be as strict as she had striven for.
She's mad at herself for not being the ruler she wanted to be, but at the same time, something in her doesn't want to.

She wants this "Equestrian" side of her out.

She hires the best magicians in Equestria to create a spell. They work long hours under the moonlight for what seems to be an unreachable goal.

Then, they find it. The spell that would make Moon even more cruel than she is now. She can finally rule the way she wanted to in the beginning. They perform the spell.

Suddenly Nightmare Moon turns into an animalistic creature. Only running on instinct, she kills the magicians in the room and does... whatever animals do to dead ponies.

The news spreads quickly, and Canterlot is terrified. But they're blocked off by guards. They can't escape. Moon put the city on lockdown before the spell.

A band of ragtag ponies gather together to take down this new horrifying Nightmare Moon, by peace or by violence, whatever it takes till the city is safe again.

You go on from there.

[*snip*]

I like it, and the story is my kind of style, but the other concept album I made was already about NMM, so it would be a little repetitive if I did another one about her.

• 3 weeks later...

@@GuyWithAmp,

Yeah I bet. :P Oh well.

Maybe a group of OC's can go into the Everfree forest and get whisked on an adventure through time and space. Not sure how that would work but it could happen if we work on it long enough. 

@@GuyWithAmp,

Yeah I bet. :P Oh well.

Maybe a group of OC's can go into the Everfree forest and get whisked on an adventure through time and space. Not sure how that would work but it could happen if we work on it long enough. 

Actually, I've got a good idea for it a little while back. I figured since Starlight Glimmer hasn't really had an album yet, from what I know, it might be a neat idea to do it on her. That, and there are many possibilities for things to "go wrong" per say, with all the time shenanigans. It starts off pretty simple, just an older Twilight telling a story of Starlight Glimmer to a bunch of ponies, after Glimmer and all her friends have moved on. She tells the story of how she grew up with her friend leaving her, and then running away to go find a way to never be hurt like that again. It continues on through the same path that the show stated, albeit with some minor differences. Up until the Season 5 Finale, in which a while after Starlight Glimmer has been all friendshipified, yet still before season 6 (maybe. Still haven't decided on this. Depends on what happens in the 6 Finale), The timelines made with Starswirl's spell begin to converge, as they weren't supposed to exist in the first place. And so, she gets thrown into timeline after timeline, all of which are falling apart and tearing at the seams. She has to find a way to stop whatever force that is altering the timeline (ex. Sombra, Chrysalis, etc.). In doing so, she learns many lessons about teamwork, and friendship, while trying to get to the force and get it/them to stop, or see the light of friendship. It probably wont go through every timeline shown, as that's just too much content for me to write, but It'll go through the main ones, where she learns many lessons about friendship. First she gets sent into the Sombra timeline, where she learns about hatred, and what pain it brings to everypony. Next, Chrysalis, where she learns about Hope, and the choices a leader has to make for the good of their subjects. Then, Nightmare Moon, where she learns about loneliness and separation. Finally, after a brief interlude stating that she did in fact go to the other timelines to shut them down, she ends up at the Wasteland timeline. With no clear force to stop, she's lost. She has to use everything she's learned to find her way back to the main timeline. Weeks, months, maybe even years go by as she trots the wasteland soil, living off of food and water that she barely can scrounge up from the environment. Eventually, after experiencing every single emotion that she fought against in her time in the Wasteland, she realizes that she is the force that she needed to stop. In her crazed state of mind, she fights to think of a way to stop herself. She already knows the joys of friendship, what more could she learn from herself? 

And the rest is spoilers for the ending which I have yet to confirm what will happen, but it will likely be bittersweet. How does it sound? Anything I should change before I write too much of the lyrics?