Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Legend of Zelda in show?

Tender Taps

@@Tender Taps

Added spoiler prefix considering this is a new episode. ;)

But yeah, twas awesome to see, and lots of rupees to. :P

• Brohoof 2

I wonder if Navi would be a Breezie

I know next to nothing about the Zelda games, but doesn't this Link pony have Epona's color scheme?

Yup

This happened after the window washing scene. Link pony is going in the direction Fluttershy and Zephyr came from, which means he must be going to see the Twilight Princess.

• Brohoof 6

If that pony was the Hero of Time, Equestria wouldn't need the Mane 6. Also,if Link's here,wouldn't that imply that Ganondorf and Zant are there as well? If so,I predict a very bleak future for Equestria.

(edited)

This shout-out was actually subtle, as opposed to the Peanuts reference in Made in Manehatten last season. That Peanuts scene had Rarity flat out set up a booth like Lucy van Pelt and groaned, "Good Grief" as a Charlie Brown Pony Expy passes by. Here, nopony references the Link Pony Expy heading in the direction of the Twilight Princess-- I mean, Princess Twilight's castle.

Subtle Shout-out > In-Your-Face Pop Culture Reference

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

I know next to nothing about the Zelda games, but doesn't this Link pony have Epona's color scheme?

At least the coat, as Epona's mane is white, and Link pony's is blond, matching with his Hyrulean counterpart's hair.

Well, that funny background was cute, but pretty blatant :dash:. I mean, the green hat, the coat and mane, the carriage full of NOT rupees :dash:.....

• Brohoof 1

Well, this is awesome. Brings me joy seeing this reference in an episode that I just wasn't entirely fond of. Next I want to see a reference to Final Fantasy somehow. Would be hilarious to see.

• Brohoof 1

This will cause so much Pony link X epona shipping images on Derpibooru :P

Anyways, I liked it: I don't care if its "Not subtle". Its a background joke, and a nice one. its not interfering with anything and is just in the back for people to see and laugh at. I like it.

• Brohoof 2

Anyways, I liked it: I don't care if its "Not subtle". Its a background joke, and a nice one. its not interfering with anything and is just in the back for people to see and laugh at. I like it.

A joke would imply that it's funny. It's not. I'd say it's more of an easter egg for gamers who grew up playing the Legend of Zelda games. Which means that it could go both ways. Fans are either gonna love it,or they gonna hate it.

Whoa, does this mean there's a Ganon in Equestria? Has Twilight been with him on a Twilight Princess adventure? How does this Link even rolllllllllllll?! :o

lol but really that is amazing, didn't even notice it meself. Love that he's carting a stash of rupees too, nice touch. :D

If that pony was the Hero of Time, Equestria wouldn't need the Mane 6. Also,if Link's here,wouldn't that imply that Ganondorf and Zant are there as well? If so,I predict a very bleak future for Equestria.

Sombra and Tirek already filled the "Ganondorf and Zant" quota for Equestria, IMO.

Sombra and Tirek already filled the "Ganondorf and Zant" quota for Equestria, IMO.

Not even close. Ganondorf and Zant aren't defeated by the power of friendship or magic.

O GOD, EQUESTRIA BETTER HIDE ALL THIER POTS, LINK IS COMING FOR THEM.

And the chickens. Those poor poor chickens! AJ defend the coop!

• Brohoof 1

But the Chickens can defend themselves, afterall, they are the MOST DANGEROUS ENEMY TO LINK. the one he can NEVER TRULY DEFEAT.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I think a pissed AJ or Fluttershy (the only  chicken owners that I'm aware off :huh:) wouldn't arrive in time before seeing a cadaver  :D

I was too into the foreground to look at background, as always. Wow. Wouldn't Link be a Unicorn though since he can use magic in many of the games and has an MP bar?

It might be because he's mainly known for his sword skills. Besides, he isn't born with magic, instead he's given magic, and he uses by a "conduit" just to name a definition