Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Exercise Frequently?

Whirlwind

Anybody here do daily workout/exercise routines to stay healthy or in shape?

The closest thing I do to daily exercise is walking when I'm at work, apparently I average around 5000 steps a day, which I think is pretty good. Outside of that, no. If I did any exercise, it'd be more walking or running, just cardio.

• 2 years later...

I've been going to the gym four or five times a week.  I'm trying to lose weight but instead of losing weight I just gain muscle...  Go away fat, I don't want so much of you!! :mlp_pout:

I got into exercise a while back, but I got lazy when I got married.

Now though, since last October I have committed to eating healthier and exercising. And now 3-4 months later, I have lost 35 pounds, I'm back at ideal body weight and I exercise every day! I'm actually pretty proud of myself. My advice to anyone who wants to make a change like this: don't wait for a specific day such as New Year's; start tomorrow. If you have to wait for a specific day, you're not motivated enough yet.

19 hours ago, Thuja said:

I've been going to the gym four or five times a week.  I'm trying to lose weight but instead of losing weight I just gain muscle...  Go away fat, I don't want so much of you!! :mlp_pout:

That's not a bad thing!

Just now, Key Sharkz said:

I got into exercise a while back, but I got lazy when I got married.

Now though, since last October I have committed to eating healthier and exercising. And now 3-4 months later, I have lost 35 pounds, I'm back at ideal body weight and I exercise every day! I'm actually pretty proud of myself. My advice to anyone who wants to make a change like this: don't wait for a specific day such as New Year's; start tomorrow. If you have to wait for a specific day, you're not motivated enough yet.

That's not a bad thing!

I know, it's just frustrating.  I know I just started going to the gym so I wouldn't really see any immediate results but still, I'm sick of my weight(or at least my fat).  I'm still working on improving my diet too so it isn't like I'm just going to the gym and eating pizza or something afterwards.  I don't know where I'd be if it weren't for the help of a nutritionist helping me diet wise.

Just now, Thuja said:

I know, it's just frustrating.  I know I just started going to the gym so I wouldn't really see any immediate results but still, I'm sick of my weight(or at least my fat).  I'm still working on improving my diet too so it isn't like I'm just going to the gym and eating pizza or something afterwards.  I don't know where I'd be if it weren't for the help of a nutritionist helping me diet wise.

You can do it!

The results never come as fast as you like, and at first, you never seem to be the one to notice them because usually there's a certain thing you're looking for, but other people see them first it always feels like. Literally, so many people I've seen in the past month have asked if I lost weight and I personally felt I looked the same, but everyone else seems to think otherwise.

So it will come!

1 minute ago, Key Sharkz said:

You can do it!

The results never come as fast as you like, and at first, you never seem to be the one to notice them because usually there's a certain thing you're looking for, but other people see them first it always feels like. Literally, so many people I've seen in the past month have asked if I lost weight and I personally felt I looked the same, but everyone else seems to think otherwise.

So it will come!

Thanks!!  I'll try my best to be patient with myself!:mlp_yay:

• 2 months later...

I don't have any exercise routines, but I tend to be a very physically active person by nature so staying shape just happens by accident. :-P

I walk. It's simple and effective as a way of staying in shape, so I'm pretty happy with it.

Edited by Cash_In

14 hours ago, BulkyBright said:

real picture of me at the gym

It would be hilarious if that turned out to be you. 

I exercise now and again - I'm trying to get into a routine of some sort, since I have easy access to a gym, but I don't have a routine of what I'm actually doing. 

On 4/13/2019 at 8:08 AM, Mellow Mane said:

On workdays I usually cycle 7 km to get to the university and another 7 km back home but apart from that I don't do much exercise.

That’s actually quite a bit of exercise in and of itself. 14 km of biking could mean that you’ve burned around 400-600 calories per day, depending on your weight (and what you’re carrying), speed, and the terrain you’re biking on. By most standards that would be considered a healthy amount of exercise.

• Brohoof 1

• 8 months later...

Ring Fit Adventure for Nintendo Switch has gotten me motivated and back into a routine again. About 15 active minutes of excerising everyday since November 19 of 2019. It really helps!

I've been meaning to do more exercise. Maybe not gym stuff, but I am a big fan of hiking and mountains, and there's a local forest trail near where I live. So I'm trying to make it more of a habit these days to go there! I'm making my visits at least 30 minutes of walking (and admiring the overgrown scenery, lol). 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I exercise two hours a day mostly cardio although I used to do other as well. Personally I used to do weightlifting so I would try to bulk up weight to then convert to muscles. However as I did I felt like my muscles were less toned in a sense. So now I focus on cardio for the toning and it has been going great actually pretty happy with it.

Will be doing more cardio of course but I'm also very into diet you have to. Though as I'm going for that toning I'm trying to eat more salads whereas before I would be doing pure protein now I try to keep a balanced diet of course as I'm trying to go for a certain look that is.

• Brohoof 1