Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food How often do you eat salads?

ManaMinori

I would say that I eat salads...occasionally. I am fairly picky when it comes to salads- as I won't eat them from just any restaurant. I am also guilty of drowning my salads in dressings.

:please:

• Brohoof 1

I am carnivorous but i eat salad three or four times at week because fiber foods are really important for our health. Fiber foods like salads have an important role the regulation of intestinal functions. For example; i like iceberg lettuce and i recommend you eat it ;)

Almost never! I don't like many vegetables , barely any.I need to change that a lot. The times that I do eat salad, it doesn't really resemble anything "healthy" a typical salad for me, looks a bit like this: little lettuce, mushrooms, a mountain of shredded cheese with ranch dressing.

Fruit salads, I eat pretty much every day for lunch. And I try to eat veggie salads with my dinner every night. Sometimes things don't go according to plan, though, so I would say I eat fruit salads 6 out of 7 days a week and veggie salad 5-6 out of 7 days a week 

• 1 month later...

Few times a week, I don't really care about my health too much, I just like lettuce. Mix lettuce with ranch dressing, some carrots, other crap, it's very good in my opinion!

(edited)

I love a good salad, but I don't normally eat them as a main meal. I like them as side dishes. I make them at home to go with my dinner often. For some reason people think eating salads means replacing your steak (for example) with one, but in reality, a small salad pairs very nicely with a steak. You can still have your steak.

Edited by El Duderino

I used to but gave up after getting tired of feeling hungry all the time, regardless of what I added.  I just don't think salads are my type of thing.

• Brohoof 1

I love salads! Caesar, pasta salads, couscous, quinoa, plain old leaves with some vinaigrette, there's so much freedom and so many flavour opportunities. 

That said, I really don't eat them enough - maybe once or twice a fortnight? Need to start eating them more.

Every time I'm having warm food I also take some salad too just to balance the meal a little. Just a salad works as a healthy snack for me sometimes too.  :grin:

• 1 month later...

I don't eat salads at all. I just eat raw vegetables separately like celery and broccoli. Just wash them down and eat them. I might eat a salad if it has onions in it though without onions it's like eating water.

Edited by cider float

Salads are actually pretty common in my diet. I try to have at least 2-3 salads a week. They can range from the classic Caesar, to something new like Quinoa. Mixing up food options is a great way to eat healthy and live an active lifestyle. If I want to perform at a top level like Dashie, then I have to eat accordingly  :wub:

• Brohoof 1