Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

slice of life Trip: A concept-fic I made based on a random post I made on here

Lonk Chase

Something I made in my spare time. Let me know what you think. Probably bad things. Seems to be a running trend of mine. :P

If you want to view this outside of MLP Fourms, go here: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=C22DC029F7C3B99D!4884&authkey=!AE6gF0Ne0lYNXEE&ithint=file%2cdocx

I know it's not Google Docs, but shut up.

Also, if anyone wants to make a cover pic for this (for some reason), hit me up. ;)

NOTE: This is an alternate-universe fic where RL-tech exists. I tend to do that. Also, if you're a fan of Twilight Sparkle, stop reading NOW.

This also includes the word "crap" in it. *gasp*

Trip

a concept-fic by lonk

Wind is annoying.

It is probably the sole factor of mane-in-your-face syndrome. I had symptoms of mane-in-your-face syndrome a lot last summer while driving down empty stretches of road with Twilight Sparkle. But that wasn't the worst thing.

It was the unicorn-turned-alicorn herself.

She kept needlessly explaining every nook and cranny of every single place we crossed.

I imagine her going, "Hey, it's the famous Appleloosa Rock! You know, it was placed here in 1846 to commemorate the rock slide the same year that injured 5 ponies? Can you imagine getting hit with a giant rock? I'm gonna list every single bone that could break and why it's a terrible thing to have happen to you! Yay! Summer is just an excuse for you to give yourself more homework!"

I swear, if there becomes such a thing as the Appleloosa Rock, I am never going there ever again. Just in case she's there "studying" it and she decides to give me a lecture about it.

But why did I put up with her all this time? Why didn't I just ditch her off the side of the road so she can hitchhike her way back home? I have a couple reasons why not:

1. She's royalty for Celestia's sake.
  2. She'd be hitchhiking for the rest of her life.
  3. She'd never forget it. The next time I would meet her, she'd give me a 48-hour lecture on why that is wrong and also forcefully sign me up on "friendship lessons".

Does this sound like I hate her? Yes. Do I? Ehhh... Yes...

But if she wasn't with me on my little road trip, I would have been kaput. I wouldn't be writing this if it wasn't for her.

She saved my life.

----------

I was in Appleloosa. Climbing the mountains. Going on a little sight-seeing tour. No guide, though. They didn't have guides back then. Or regulations.

So I was climbing the mountains with Twilight Sparkle, the queen of useless information (and also, I heard, putting that useless information into sappy fiction. Oh sweet Celestia, help me now.) We were a little ways up the biggest mountain. It has taken us 5 minutes to get this far. It would take us about an hour to climb up the rest of it. She was the biggest egg-head ever. Every pebble had a past, every grain of sand a rich history. When a small bit of rock fell down the cliff-side, she jumped.

Eventually, even to me it seemed like this small-rock-falls-down-cliff-beside-us shenanigan was becoming too numerous. Didn't really bother me though. I wanted to get to the peak already.

Twilight, though, had other plans.

"I don't think going further is a good idea," she said.

"Why? It's just rocks," I replied.

"But too many."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

She flailed her hooves at me, flustered. "Landslide! Huge boulders instead of small pebbles! We die! Do you not want that?"

"No! But it's not going to happen now!"

"It's going to take an hour to get up there [she points at the peak]! An hour is a long time!"

"So?"

"1946. Two ponies killed. Rock slide. No warning that it was going to happen. No fluster of pebbles down the cliff-side, nothing. Just, PLOP. Boulders. Mashed ponies."

Oh sweet Celestia, I have had enough.

"That's in 1946! This is 2016! It's not going to happen now!" I start walking forward.

She cuts me off. "1985. Same thing. This time, seven killed. A tour group! No warning!" She's mad at me now.

"WHY ARE THEY ALLOWING US TO BE UP HERE THEN?!" I yell as I push past her. "IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN AGAIN, OR THEY WOULDN'T LET US BE HERE!"

She again stops my progress. "IT'S GOING TO BE AN HOUR BEFORE WE GET UP THERE! IT COULD HAPPEN ANY MOMENT! STOP NOW."

I push her almost off the cliff and sprint forward. "I'M DONE WITH YOU TWILIGHT!"

I'm suddenly picked up by two hooves and dragged off the mountain.

"DARN IT TWILIGHT! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?"

"TO KEEP YOU SAFE!"

"SAFE FROM WHAT? NOTHING? YOUR OWN FEAR? ARE YOU SAVING YOURSELF TOO?"

"WE WERE GOING TO DIE HERE!"

"THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF IT! STOP BEING SUCH A HUGE COWARD!"

"STOP BEING SO ARROGANT!"

We're approaching the parking lot of the tourist's office. I can see my car from here. It looks like she's heading towards it.

"LET ME GO!"

"NO! YOU'LL BREAK YOUR NECK!"

"THEN WHY ARE YOU HOLDING ME LIKE THIS THEN? HAVE YOU EVER DONE THIS? YOU'RE NOT TRAINED IN THIS!"

"I'M ROYALTY, FOR CELESTIA'S SAKE! I HAVE TO PROTECT YOU!"

"AGAIN, FROM WHAT? YOURSELF?"

"SHUT. UP."

She drops me on the car. I crash on the roof. I feel pain all along my back. I can manage it, but I can definitely sue her for that.

I drop down onto the ground and get in the car. I quickly lock the car.

She's banging on the passenger window. "LET ME IN," she's yelling through the door.

"NO! STOP THIS..." I wave my hooves spastically, trying to think of an answer. "...NONSENSE!" I couldn't think of anything else.

Her horn glows, and so does the lock. It goes up. She opens the door.

I try to push her out, but she has already shut the door.

"THAT'S BREAKING AND ENTERING!" I shout at her.

"SO? I NEED A RIDE!"

"OH, WHATEVER."

I turn the car on and floor it out of the parking lot.

----------

I open the door to my hotel room. Thank Celestia that I was able to get my own separate room.

It's 10:46 now. We left the mountains at 10:38. We stopped at a motel to cool our heads.

I plop down on the bed and turn on the TV. It's turned onto the news. Why not, I think to myself.

I lay down and watch the news sideways.

"Sadly, there has been a tragedy at the Appleloosa Mountains. A lesbian couple [Not sure why they were eager to say that, I commented to myself.] was killed in a landslide at Tumble Mountain, the biggest one, and a hot tourist attraction. Investigators say there was no signs that a landslide would have taken place, but eyewitnesses state that they clearly saw a large boulder knock them over the cliff."

The doorknob was wiggling frantically.

I didn't answer.

"COME ON, LONK!"

"NO! YOU'RE NOT COMING IN TO TELL ME HOW WRONG I WAS AND HOW YOU SAVED MY LIFE AND ALL OF THAT BULLCRAP!"

I push my body against the door.

"STOP IT!"

"NO!"

"STOP WITH THIS FOOLISHNESS!"

"YOU'RE THE ONE BEING FOOLISH!"

"IT'S MORE THAN THAT!"

"THEN YOU ADMIT THAT YOU WERE GOING TO RAT ME OUT!"

The door forcibly opened. I was thrown across the room, luckily onto my bed.

"That was the second time you did that," I griped. I didn't want to deal with her anymore."

"It doesn't matter. You got what you wanted." She tosses a slip of paper on the table.

A letter.

Princess Twilight Sparkle:

You have been convicted of kidnapping and the breaking and entering of a civilian's vehicle.

You are still in the trial period of being enrolled in the government, so these crimes, even if they were committed for the greater good of the nation, will still result reduced punishment.

Because of your status, your proposed sentence by the judge is five years in prison. You can skip the trial by legally admitting you are guilty of the crime. By filling out the attached forum, you will be charged with your proposed sentence.

You can also face a public trial of your crimes with the victim of your kidnapping and the owner of the vehicle, Lonk Chase (or his hired attourney) as the prosecuter. Your sentence may be increased or reduced if you face a trial.

Because of your connection to him, the Forgiveness Clause cannot apply.

Thank you.

-Appleloosa Police Department

"The police came. They also told me to give you this." She handed me another letter. This time, it's sealed. I opened it and looked through it twice.

Mr. Lonk Chase:

Princess Twilight Sparkle has been convicted of kidnapping you and breaking and entering your vehicle.

Because of your personal connection to her, you can fill out a Form of Post-Factum Consent to possibly reduce her sentence.

This form states that the crimes committed were for your protection or authorized by you.

If Princess Twilight Sparkle agrees to hold a public trial, you can be a witness for her and state evidence that you allowed her to commit the crimes against you or that the crimes were made to protect you from harm. The judge will become the prosecuter.

The jury will still determine the sentence, and it is not guranteed that her sentence will be reduced.

The minimum sentence offered is three months.

Thank you.

-Appleloosa Police Department

"This seems fishy," is my only comment.

"I didn't even know a 'Forgiveness Clause' was a thing."

I showed her the note.

"Three months? That's better than five years!"

I glared at her.

She sulked a little bit.

"I'm sorry. I was really worried."

"You think?"

Silence.

More silence.

"Do you forgive me?" she asks me.

"No."

Silence. She's starting to tear up.

"But," I add, "I don't think you should be in the slammer for five years."

Sil-Never mind, she hugs me.

"thank you," she whispers in my ear. Tears hit my shoulder. Oh sweet Celestia, this is turning into a ship-fic, isn't it?

Nope. She stops hugging me, grabs her note, and waves goodbye as she leaves. She shuts my door. She even locks it again with magic after she closes the door.

That, I can forgive.