Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted Please Critique

Babyyoshi309

(edited)

Here is my second attempt at drawing my oc. Please Critique!!!!!!

post-38427-0-21560600-1465375090_thumb.png

*Edit:

I just realized I forgot glasses.

Here is Version with glasses.

post-38427-0-61029900-1465375526_thumb.png

**Double Edit: I have drawn a new version. In case you can't find it below here it is:

post-38427-0-69238900-1466671064_thumb.png

Edited by Babyyoshi309

Okay, I'm going to be as easy as I can possibly be here because you're just starting out with this kind of art..

For starters, the body is too... elliptical. Think of it more as a series of circles: one for the torso and one for the hind quarters. There should be a small dip (indicating a spine line) connecting the two circles such as the image attache. The forelegs and hindlegs should be proportionate to the body. The skinnier and longer, the thinner and lengthier the legs going to be and vice versa.

Think of the pony's body as a peanut with legs, a tail, a neck, and a head. Also, continue drawing. I've been doing it for twice years now (ponies for two) and look how far I've come along both point and non-pony ((see other attached files)).

Don't be afraid to mess up, you will. I go through like... Five papers per drawing if I'm lucky.

But hey, keep practicing and remember, peanuts, not basketballs.

post-28540-0-13270500-1466064528_thumb.jpg

post-28540-0-45474700-1466064990_thumb.jpg

post-28540-0-51691900-1466065039_thumb.jpg

(edited)

I REALLY REALLY love the art style. 

It has an aura of meme-ness that I like. 

I don't really hate anything about it O_O

@Vitamin C Thanks! I appreciate it!  :D

He looks cute !

The back legs looks weird tho, they're maybe too storm like for my tastes. But the wings are well done :D

What program have you used?

@FullmoonDagger I used to use paint program, but this one was the first one I have done in Photoshop.

Edited by Babyyoshi309
  • Brohoof 1

Here is my second attempt at drawing my oc. Please Critique!!!!!!

Yo-kay, its not bad, for a second attempt. Expected result, really. But if I were to give criticism, I would say try to make the legs a bit thicker. Maybe do a 'lil research on MLPony anatomy. :D

But its still a good start. Keep on, you'll be a great artist yet. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Make the eyes bigger to up the cute factor, and also make the tail a little short, but thicker, more voluminous. Also, important: the back of the hind legs do not stick into the body, they continue up and connect seamlessly with the rump. It's a no-brainer that is actually forgotten quite often. Additionally, move the tail up some, so that it isn't protruding from your OC's butt, but rather cascades in a graceful, short arc from the extreme end of the spine. That's just off the top of my head.

• Brohoof 1

I'd say:

The form of the head is alright.

The ear should have a line on it, which represents the opening of the ear. The opening should point to the outside cause otherwise, such ears wouldn't make sense ^^

The mane and tail are kind of small.

You could try to draw a real flank :)

Make the legs a bit thicker, and the end of the leg thicker than the start; make a good transition between start and end of leg

Give the hooves smooth edges

Make the eyes bigger. (Also, you have 3 reflections on them, where as the norm in mlp style is 2, though, that can vary from style to style.)

Try to kind of not make the back flat, it should be lower than the flank.

So, those are my points. You choose which of them you find useful.  :muffins:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Hmm... not bad. Not bad at all, assuming that you have never seen a guide on the anatomy of a pony before. Well, its to be expected.

I quickly went and drew your OC as well as the points that were available in mine but not yours. Oh, and just a tip. Stick to traditional drawing (you know? the one with the paper and the pencil?) before moving onto anything digital. Even then, using a tablet over a mouse is preferred. Keep trying and don't give up because there is still a long winding road ahead of you. :P

sig-4564394.FkdQoLI.pngThe scanner must have cropped a bit off the left. Oh well. Hope this helps!

EDIT: Only just realised that I forgot that the wings's lines. Oh well.

Edited by AzureNightLight
  • Brohoof 1

Be...cause it is the 4th picture you've ever drawn? sig-4575147.cheerilee.png

No! Not even close! Also, that makes no sense, especially since my first 2 MLP drawings were absolute garbage. So if I had only drawn 4 pictures, then it would be at least the second best drawing.

Disregard this if you were joking.  :adorkable: