Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Unpopular Opinions

Jellal Fernandes

NOTE: This is not somewhere to argue, this is simply somewhere to post opinions that would generally be considered unpopular.

Now that that's out of the way, post your unpopular opinion about (mostly) anything! Keep things that could be viewed as disrespectful out of here though, meaning don't say things about, say, religion or certain individuals. I'll start with some examples...

I don't like Deadpool (the character, the movie was alright), the Joker, or Harley Quinn. Christopher Eccleston is my favorite Doctor, and David Tennant is my least favorite (that I've seen, I've only seen from 2005 onward). I enjoyed Batman v Superman. Cyclops is my favorite X-Man. Revelations is my favorite Assassin's Creed game. I don't like the Rolling Stones. Undertale is just alright, nothing to write home about. I prefer Battleborn to Overwatch. I prefer Mustangs to Camaros. Revenge of the Sith is my favorite Star Wars film, (The Force Awakens and Return of the Jedi are close seconds). I don't like Kill la Kill, Gurren Lagaan, or Soul Eater. I dislike most classic rock. The Walking Dead isn't that great. Banjo Kazooie: Nuts n' Bolts wasn't a bad game.

Aaaand that wraps it up for me (for now). Please, post your uncommon and unpopular opinions below! If you'd like to challenge any of my opinions, please, message me!

Minions are the most adorable and funny cartoon creatures ever.

The Beatles are horrible. Other classic bands are the best, but the Beatles are just overrated.

Nickleback is a great band.

Dubstep is music.

This generation doesn't suck. At least we're not in the 1940s with WW2 and Hitler, or the medieval ages where the Black Death struck.

That's all i can think of right now.

Flume's 'Skin' album is better than his self-titled one. Everyone's been saying Flume has suffered from the sophomore album curse, but I actually think his 2nd album is much better in production quality and it changes things up enough as to not sound exactly like his last one, but still sound like Flume with the 'wonky' characteristic. 

I could never get into Samurai Jack. It's not bad, but I saw parts of a couple episodes and I just wasn't interested enough to keep watching. As a result, I'm not hyped for the new season, though I do think it's great for those that wanted it.

I don't like Undertale :T

(Christopher Eccleston is my fav too c: )

David Tennant is my favorite doctor, but Christopher is probably my second favorite.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I don't care about Doctor who, Undertale, rick and morty, or Game of Thrones...or Walking dead.

I don't see anything special about Overwatch.

Written stories are better than movies. (I'm not sure about this opinions popularity)

Edited by The Cerberus

I don't mean to be a party crasher, but as we haven't had the best of histories with threads like this I will have to lock it. I'll go ahead and post the full reason from that previous one that was shuttered.

Attention everyone! After some internal staff discussion, this thread is now closed.

The factors behind this decision are manifold:

• This topic is enormous, spanning over 300 pages. It's incredibly difficult to moderate content in such a large and rapid moving thread.
  • On too many occasions we've had members mistaken this thread for a Debate Pit-style free-for-all, leading to abusive behavior.
  • Content quality is especially difficult to maintain. There is ultimately a lack of a guiding light for this topic apart from members pounding out a slew of unrelated opinions.
  • Megathreads like this one wreak havoc on MLP's SOE (search engine optimization). In other words, topics of interest that might otherwise turn up as unique hits for MLP Forums are lost.

The bottom line is that this thread's history reflects repeated instances of negative user experience. Posting unpopular opinions became an excuse to declare even abhorrent and offensive positions, inviting fights between members. Remember: every thread is bound by the same rules of mutual respect.

With that all said, RIP thread.

Thank you.

• Brohoof 5