Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I hope it's CG

Phosphorous

We already have evidence that the movie will be 2D-based. There was Tara Strong's post with a cutout of Twilight with a slightly different design:

sig-4661110.large.jpeg

This matches up with a later-revealed model of Sia's character in the movie, Songbird Serenade, who was officially announced at this year's San Diego Comic Con:

sig-4661110.large.png

Really makes me want to see what the animation will be like. With Toon Boom, you can never be quite certain.

Really? I love the cute ear design. This would look quite simple and nice. It looks more realistic too.

Yeah, and while they're at it let them do it in the style of the new Lion King movie with realistic looking horses. In all honesty, though, it's much better to keep it 2D because 3D doesn't suit this world. Discord might pull it off as a joke, but aside from him they should stay away from it. Although, technically CGI means Computer Generated Imagery, and the series is made in Flash, so in a way it is actually CG. But it should definitely not go the 3D route.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

While CG does look really cool, it would only work with MLP if it were done properly and without cutting corners otherwise it would look absolutely tacky. Technically, MLP does rely on computer programming through the use of Flash, so CG wouldn't really make much sense.

Edited by Ganondorf8
  • Brohoof 1