Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation Any show that caught your interest over MLP?

cider float

I only prefer two shows over MLP. Sonic SatAM, for nostalgic reasons. And Burn Notice, which is on a different level entirely. Not that it's some masterpiece or anything, but it's unfair to compare a spy/action/thriller show that I've loved for nearly a decade to a cartoon that I've only been a fan of for two years.

I've never found anything better than MLP ever since I became a brony, but some shows came pretty close. Gravity Falls, We Bare Bears (I haven't watched that in forever), and PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures were all great in my opinion.

(edited)

When it comes to cartoons, I don't like picking favorites. I just categorize cartoons I like and cartoons I dislike.

But there are several shows that would probably go over every cartoon ever made ever that I like. Not just MLP.

the story of Breaking Bad is just incredible. I absolutely love the evolution of Walter White and his relationship with Jesse. And how they transform as nobodies to somebodies throughout the whole series. It's too damn well written.

Edited by FlootahBaby
  • Brohoof 1

Nothing is better than MLP I tell you! NOTHING!!!!!  :D

That said, I used to love Scooby Doo when I was a kid. (The original show, a bunch of the modern reincarnations are total crap).

Well right now I'm going through several Transformers shows. Recently finished Animated which I absolutely loved(It needs a 4th season dammit!) and still am still in the middle of the original, Prime and Robots In Disguise(2015)

Admittedly I'm afraid to watch Beast Wars and the Unicron Trilogy

(edited)

Yes,lots. MLP is like a little kids show to me. Always trying to teach me morals. It's got some cool characters and I absolutely adore the art style,but it's kind of boring. There's very little action or jokes,and some scenes are so sappy that I have to look away to keep myself from cringing too hard. Much like Yugioh,it suffers from an abundance of friendship speeches,but in Yugioh there was action in every episode.

Just to name a few.

-Case Closed/Detective Conan

-Be Cool,Scooby Doo

-Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated

-How I Met Your Mother

-The Office (US)

-The Problem Solverz

-Harvey Birdman: Attorney At Law

-Bojack Horseman

Edited by Gehrman

(edited)

Where to begin?

Archer, Rick and Morty, Bob's Burgers, Mike Tyson Mysteries, Batman: The Animated Series, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Daredevil, Season 1 of The Walking Dead, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra, Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, Season 19 of South Park, Baccano!, and Madoka Magica.

Edited by SpaceOnion

Well, i think i mentioned it so many times, that almost everyone should now it by now, but i discovered Dc Comics Stuff and lost my interest in Mlp completely because of it. XD

Even though I spend a bunch of time on MLP related websites, The Amazing World Of Gumball is my favorite show and currently I've been obsessed with Rick and Morty.  MLP is defiantly in my 5 top of my favorite shows. :smug:

Mlp is the only kids cartoon I watch nowaday. I occasionally watch some anime series, but they are not my top priority anymore. Almost modern animes didnt interest me. They are good at killing time when I waited for next mlp eps or survive another hiatus

• Brohoof 1

At the time of me being disappointed in MLP Season 3 and only slowly getting through Season 4 I got into Steven Universe and never looked back.

Even my boyfriend got into it as well...Ended up loving it more than MLP by just a bit.

There are many animated cartoons and anime shows that I very much prefer over MLP. There are waaay too many to list but Scooby Doo (the original show) and Clannad for example. Tom & Jerry, Pokémon, Toradora.. The list goes on. I don't see FiM as one of the most amazing shows ever like many bronies seem to do but I enjoy watching it of course!

(edited)

Different shows for different things. As far as fantasy, visuals, and continuity, I'd love to watch Avatar and Korra when I get a chance. For action and adventure, I'd probably pick up Batman: The Animated Series. There are a multitude of straight slice-of-life cartoons from the late 90s and early 2000s I could grab hold of, as well as slice-of-life comedies. As for straight-up screwball comedy, Animaniacs and some of the classic Warner Brothers cartoons are always there. 11 minutes of highly memorable, quotable, dialogue and antics-based humor? Classic SpongeBob is there.

Best of all, if I want the best of everything at once, that's what feature films are for.

Edited by Wind Chaser
  • Brohoof 1

i tend to like anime a lot but get picky but loose list I tend to always watch:

-DBZ

-Sailor Moon

-R.Kenshin

-FMA

-Bleach

I can think of a few.

There would be Avatar the Last Airbender, The Legend of Korra, Gravity Falls, and Steven Universe.

Possibly Over the Garden Wall as well.

Plus I am just starting watching the new Voltron show on Netflix and so far it is really good.

Time will tell to see how much I enjoy it.

• 5 years later...