Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What influenced your OCs?

Randimaxis

My own ideals have always inspired at least one or two main protagonists in my works, of which I have many by this point. I'll limit myself to the ones mostly based on myself and from works that're still in progress.

Mythospective:

Blacksnow the werewolf is basically an idealized, fantasy version of me; introverted, adept at evading and being unseen. Only he's much quicker and more daring, to the point where his fighting instructor once calls him a "blur".

Splitfire, his mentor, is the more by-the-book side of me; only with lots of endurance, strength and authority (something I tend to lack... heh).

Then comes "Darren" Toprak, an Eastern dragon who's not too fond of combat, being more skilled at diplomacy and healing magic.

ELIT:

Feather Spiral is, of course, practically me as he does poetry and is on the sensitive side; even his facial hair and ponytail are accurate. But he's quicker to pick up on social cues, and has the mental strength to go work in an office.

Goggle Search, the earth pony who specializes in intel, is nosy and methodical; she's the part of me that likes to, for example, pick apart social "studies" articles. She's much quicker to adapt to unexpected events on the field, however.

Oldscroll, the bison, is the almost-antisocial aspect of me; content to stay inside, guarding the ELIT archives and reading when bored.

Edited by Feather Spiral

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

My ponysona isn't even really an OC, she's just a design, so...

My main OC, Emi, is heavily influenced by Gorillaz, right down to the way I draw her and her music taste. She's an absolute gremlin whose permanently stuck at being 4''10, an exaggerated version of my own minuscule height! She's kind of my own anxieties and faults super exaggerated and made into a character, so she isn't exactly a great person, but she's great to write about:ButtercupLaugh:

My main OC also counts as my ponysona. She is heavily influenced by me because well, she is me. :ButtercupLaugh: If I were a pony. I have a handful of other OCs that have been influenced by all sorts of different things, it would take me all day to talk about them haha. A lot of them haven't even been drawn yet. :sealed: I just get random ideas for OCs in my head but more often than not never get around to bringing them to life. 

5 hours ago, Splashee® said:

Influenced at doing what? I don't understand :confused:

Like what inspired you to make your OC

Here’s mine:

Pencil Pouch— Her design came from lots of playing around with Pony Creators. Her name was something random I came up with that was based on her Cutie Mark. Her personality is like mine but with a few tweaks. Mostly, she is more publically energetic than me.

Granite Rose— He was inspired by a silly fake boyfriend I made in Animal Crossing when I was a lot younger. I carried over all aspects of his personality aside from being romantically involved with anyone. His design was inspired by things I would like to see on a guy and it was inspired by how I wanted to portray him emotionally, if that makes sense. His personality is very complex, so I can’t explain much, but what I will say is that I focused a lot on how he deals with issues and with other ponies.

Global Gleam— This all red pony that I haven’t shown off much of yet was another Animal Crossing character at one time. She was a geography teacher who liked to dress in biker outfits after classes. This time, her colors and personality don’t have any special meaning, she was just a character I thought was really cool.

• Brohoof 1

(My OC, Happy Heart, was completely influenced by an RP colleague of mine on Facebook. It started years ago—in a nutshell, Happy is a human who came to Equestria in hopes for a better life. Celestia made him into a unicorn and had gotten a new ponified name as well. Eventually, he fell in love with a vampony named Mystic Rayne, who showed him the ways of friendship. They had several adventures together, some of which saved the world from utter destruction. They got married and had several children. They had a lot of fun together..... I had a lot of fun playing as this green unicorn stallion you see as my pic. What a ride.......I wish it'd never end.)

My OC, Dynamo Pad, was based off of pony creator in design. However, personality was based off of me with my love of video games and anime. As time passed, his overall appearance had changed, but his personality remained the same. 

I've only got two pony ocs at the moment, but I don't think going over what inspired them would hurt so might as well

For my sona, Synth, his design was based a lot off of synthwave. The music was the most inspiration to make him in general, and I used images that go with the aesthetic when designing him. For his personality I mostly used myself, but exaggerated certain aspects so he's different enough.

For my second oc, Cyber, they were based off of a similar aesthetic, cyberpunk. Once again the music was the inspiration to make them, and I tried to use images to base their design around like I did with Synth - another inspiration was making a character based off of an aesthetic I liked again because it's fun and I think having my characters share that theme would be really interesting. I haven't decided much on their personality just yet, but I think I'll have them be quiet, calm, and collected - I don't think I got those traits from anywhere besides their design.

I rambled on for a bit on accident, but I think that sums it all up :coco:

Here's a little doodle I made of the both of them earlier in case anyone wanted to see them, Synth is on the left and Cyber is on the right1601653979852.png

• Brohoof 2

58 minutes ago, Synth said:

I've only got two pony ocs at the moment, but I don't think going over what inspired them would hurt so might as well

For my sona, Synth, his design was based a lot off of synthwave. The music was the most inspiration to make him in general, and I used images that go with the aesthetic when designing him. For his personality I mostly used myself, but exaggerated certain aspects so he's different enough.

For my second oc, Cyber, they were based off of a similar aesthetic, cyberpunk. Once again the music was the inspiration to make them, and I tried to use images to base their design around like I did with Synth - another inspiration was making a character based off of an aesthetic I liked again because it's fun and I think having my characters share that theme would be really interesting. I haven't decided much on their personality just yet, but I think I'll have them be quiet, calm, and collected - I don't think I got those traits from anywhere besides their design.

I rambled on for a bit on accident, but I think that sums it all up :coco:

Here's a little doodle I made of the both of them earlier in case anyone wanted to see them, Synth is on the left and Cyber is on the right1601653979852.png

Your art and design is so amazing, that I wish it was the new G5 designs! :o

@Splashee® Ah gee, thank you so much!:squee:  Actually, now that you mention G5 designs that's inspired me to possibly make some of my own fan G5 designs for G4 characters or something, maybe I'll do that sometime over the weekend

Angelscape was originally just a background OC for the Mechquestria RP, her name being a fusion of the old AngelFire domain and the Netscape browser. But when it came to design, I found an excuse with the futuristic setting to give her the armor from the Witchblade comics. 

Witchblade Origins TPB (2008-2009 Top Cow) comic books

angelscapenewjpg_by_crystalsonatica-d9tg8wb.thumb.jpg.25db8c3b175da462799dbc14ca6d113b.jpg.51bca1dee866a8409ce056b87883c1de.jpg

On 10/2/2020 at 10:28 PM, Synth said:

synthwave.

You're now my favourite person on the Citadel forum. :wub:

On-topic though..

What have influenced my OC? (I have several, though I will only go over my Fursona)

Drake blár Valdyr's family name is based in Old Norse, same goes for a lot of the names in the same area on the continent that he lives in. Think modern Norway-ish with an old Norse twist and having fully functional prosthetic limbs. Deus Ex: Human Revolution inspired the mechanical arm. Most name references are based in Old Norwegian/Danish/Norse whereas dates and the like have a slight reference to Ancient Rome.

1527620253.yakamaru_zenmaldita_-_outfits

Personality-wise he's more or less the same as me, though he have served in the military(and thus lost half his arm). He's a knowledge seeker at heart, and loves all kinds of gadgets, trinkets and mechanical structures. Picking things apart and then reassemble them, learning how they work, and possibly find a better way for them to function thus increasing efficiency.

• Brohoof 2

Quite a lot of things that I've talked about already recently so I'm just going to add little things. I was deciding what colors my changeling should be and most of them are green or around that pallet for the general body color but then I saw the feelings forum and that one changeling implied that there's purple changelings. And that sold me out on making it purple immediate after since it's my favorite color.

Edited by Ittoni
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I have made some artwork on the idea of ponifying history though most of it involved drawing Luna as various Russian leaders. My "OC" fit into this ponified history theme. Though to call it an OC would not be accurate because it is not a character but rather a or some variations of military uniform. Generally, it would be a or various ponies wearing a gas mask, black ushanka with the "Lunar Russian Empire" coat of arms (absent in the incomplete images below though an outdated version of the corresponding flag is provided) or perhaps the emblem of "Union of New Lunar Republics", great coat, formal uniform, tail dyed black.

The "Black Army" was intended to be counterparts of the White Army. I did not expand upon this idea much so I do not exactly know where I would have gone with this. Perhaps the "Black Army" would have would have ultimately lost against the Red Army like the counterparts in reality with Luna assassinated. Or perhaps the "Black Army" would have successfully reversed Starlight's revolution and had her executed. Here, I think my idea was for the "Union of New Lunar Republics" was to have Luna transformed into Nightmare Moon and, upon the successful suppression of the revolution in this timeline, she would have been re-instated as the leader of Russia except with the title of Autocrat or Dictator instead of Tsaritsa, but beyond that I have not thought about on what basis the country would have operated.

But other than this uniform, I do not have a proper ponysona nor OC.

0.jpg.bb077a0a67073ea0883266c0e620aa2e.jpg

"Black Army" uniform with GP-5 (unfinished picture).

1.jpg.c65e11cc5d2d28231f55cb51737c3eed.jpg

"Black Army" uniform with PMG (unfinished picture).

lunar_russia_flag_by_tsaritsaluna_d8a231

Old "Lunar Russian Empire" flag.

union_of_new_lunar_republics_flag_by_tsa

"Union of New Lunar Republics" flag.

Edited by Luna the Great of all the Russias