Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Do you prefer Youtube or Soundcloud for listening?

Grepper

Do you usually listen to music on Youtube or Soundcloud?

While Youtube is intended for video content, music is commonly uploaded as well.

Soundcloud is made specifically for audio and has a nicer interface for listening to music with.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

There's a broader range of music available on YouTube, considering how strict SoundCloud is (they're much better at stopping copyrighted music).  I use YouTube more often.  Though I do have a SoundCloud account - for the purpose of having music on my profile here on the forums.  I managed to outwit the copyright detector actually, by naming the file "GR3Y-D4Z3=W4K3 M3" (Which is really "Grey Daze - Wake Me").  Funnily enough I downloaded it from YouTube and put it on my SoundCloud, lmao.  You can check it out on my profile if you want, it's at the top. 

~ Miles

Edit: Btw it's the full album, lol.

Edited by Miles
  • Brohoof 1

Youtube is far easier and it is far more familiar to most. It is far easier to throw together a playlist of a genre or artist or even just find one.

Youtube, definitely. As a soundcloud user, i've noticed that artists haven't posted ALL their songs there on Soundcloud, and even if they do, they're either 30 second previews, remixes or not available in my country. :/

I use both an equal amount. I usually use Soundcloud for discovering new artists whereas I use YouTube for artists I already know of.

Soundcloud all the way. I use it to post my music. i find everything on there. It is easier too, because it is only for music, and everything is right in front of you.

Just sucks that they are selling out. But youtube did the same thing anyways.

Soundcloud is much easier for me to use while at work and feels more lightweight. I tried using youtube but I get uncomfortable with coworkers seeing me there. Pretty much everything I listen to is on soundcloud. I use a chrome plugin to allow the media keys on my keyboard to move between songs or to play/pause.

The plugin is called Streamkeys for those wondering. It works with youtube as well.

• 5 years later...