Grepper

Music Do you prefer Youtube or Soundcloud for listening?

Do you usually listen to music on Youtube or Soundcloud?

While Youtube is intended for video content, music is commonly uploaded as well.

Soundcloud is made specifically for audio and has a nicer interface for listening to music with.

(edited)

There's a broader range of music available on YouTube, considering how strict SoundCloud is (they're much better at stopping copyrighted music).  I use YouTube more often.  Though I do have a SoundCloud account - for the purpose of having music on my profile here on the forums.  I managed to outwit the copyright detector actually, by naming the file "GR3Y-D4Z3=W4K3 M3" (Which is really "Grey Daze - Wake Me").  Funnily enough I downloaded it from YouTube and put it on my SoundCloud, lmao.  You can check it out on my profile if you want, it's at the top. 

~ Miles

Edit: Btw it's the full album, lol.

Edited by Miles

Youtube is far easier and it is far more familiar to most. It is far easier to throw together a playlist of a genre or artist or even just find one.

Badges

Youtube for sure. Soundcloud is decent when you only want to hear from one artist's library

Youtube, definitely. As a soundcloud user, i've noticed that artists haven't posted ALL their songs there on Soundcloud, and even if they do, they're either 30 second previews, remixes or not available in my country. :/

I basically ALWAYS to YouTube if I want to listen to something new. It is great for discovering new music. SoundCloud might be as well, but I have never used it for this purpose.

I use both an equal amount. I usually use Soundcloud for discovering new artists whereas I use YouTube for artists I already know of.

Soundcloud, I've found quite a few remixes of one song by searching the original songs name.

Youtube. I used to tune into Soundcloud, but there are more options and easier to navigate around when I use Youtube.

I use YouTube, I generally can't find much of what I want on Soundcloud, and that which I can find is usually someone's crappy cover.

I use 'em both an equal amount, Though if I need to quickly find a song then instinct takes me to YouTube.

Why not just use Spotify? lol

I prefer Youtube as I almost never use soundcloud.

But with the former it is pretty much the only place where I listen to music.

YouTube, easy. SoundCloud doesn't like to work on my computer anyways.

Soundcloud all the way. I use it to post my music. i find everything on there. It is easier too, because it is only for music, and everything is right in front of you.

Just sucks that they are selling out. But youtube did the same thing anyways.

Soundcloud is much easier for me to use while at work and feels more lightweight. I tried using youtube but I get uncomfortable with coworkers seeing me there. Pretty much everything I listen to is on soundcloud. I use a chrome plugin to allow the media keys on my keyboard to move between songs or to play/pause.

The plugin is called Streamkeys for those wondering. It works with youtube as well.

I always listen to YouTube but Soundcloud can be necessary sometimes.