Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever met anyone famous?

FlootahBabby

I worked at a Starbucks that was the closest location to a major Southern California airport. The entire entire NASCAR crew would stay at the hotels at the airport, and then go the the track about 8 miles away. They’d be there a full week, and tip really well. Also cool as hell.

I met Patrick Warburton and Jay Mohr as they rolled through the same shop. 

I also met all the big names at Blizzard before they all left the company.

• Brohoof 1

Off the top of my head...

Nathan Sharp (better known as NateWantsToBattle) before a concert.

Demaryius Thomas (NFL player) at a water park in my hometown.

Idina Menzel (actress and singer) at my high school.

Matt Bellamy (singer and guitarist in the band Muse) before a concert.

Kim Thayil (guitarist in the band Soundgarden) before a concert.

Ken Buck (a member of Congress that I kinda despise but I did bump into him at one point) when he was on my college campus doing something with some Republican student group and I happened to see him at the library.

David Shannon (children's book author) at my elementary school.

Kyle Petty (NASCAR driver) at a stop on his "charity ride" event.

Mario Andretti (another famous racecar driver) at the same event as Kyle Petty.

Gabriel Landeskog (NHL player, captain of the Colorado Avalanche) at an autograph signing event.

Milan Hejduk (former NHL player) at an autograph signing event.

Ken Klee (former NHL player) at an autograph signing event.

Ian Laperriere (former NHL player) at an autograph signing event.

Derrick White (NBA player) with a friend of mine who knows him.

Kent Benson (former NBA player) at my high school, because he had a relative who taught there.

Eric Johnson (Grammy-award winning guitar virtuoso) before a concert.

• Brohoof 1

If I remember correctly I went to some of those Rush concerts with my brother when I was real young. Not sure if that counts as meeting someone famous. I'd like to meet a certain man named Donald some day, though. 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2016-06-10 at 9:46 PM, cuteycindyhoney said:

Rob Paulsen

HELLO NURSE! :P

------------------

No idea if it counts but John Cena follows me on my second Twitter account which is surprising considering we share the same birthday.

E472D546-BFB7-4444-BADD-F16796ACA479.png

On 2020-11-15 at 4:42 PM, Prospekt said:

Idina Menzel (actress and singer) at my high school

So technically, Elsa visits your school. :P

Edited by raykv423
  • Brohoof 1

On 2016-06-10 at 11:47 AM, Red Cedar said:

I got John DeLancie's autograph at a convention once!

(Before anyone says he's from MLP, the picture he autographed for me shows him wearing a Starfleet uniform.)

Technically, John is the creator of chaos :P

On 2016-06-10 at 10:20 PM, Dreambiscuit said:

Carrie Fisher.

RIP Carrie :(

On 2020-11-03 at 7:09 PM, Awkward Segway said:

Scarlett Johansson

*Black Widow :P

On 2020-11-03 at 6:24 PM, Chad327 said:

George Carlin

Respect the classics, man, it's Hendrix!

Also RIP to Carlin. 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

I remember I met Ralf Schumacher when I was a kid, he even gave an autograph, but my father was the one who kept it. :ButtercupLaugh:

I didn't meet him, but it's funny nonetheless: I visited a live TV show once (as an adult) and after the show was over, we returned to the car, I was looking up to the windows and I saw the moderator topless. :ButtercupLaugh: No one else noticed it and I kept quiet. But it's so weird thinking about it, you could easily make a photo or video, if you wanted to. :squee: My neighbours are the same, never having the shutters down, like living in glass houses. One of them even when he showers, no joke. :please:

• Brohoof 1

Outside of MLP? I guess german voice actors count also as MLP celebrities, although I knowed them before they voiced a character  in MLP.

Well, I once met the now late football coach Rudi Gutendorf which lived in my neighbour village. I don't think that many her know him. He was famous in german as a coach for so many different, mostly smaller national teams. He is even in the guinnes book of records as the football coach with the most stations as coach. 

I also met the german singer Roman Lob, who sang for germany in 2012 on the eurovision song contest, because he is frm the same neighbour village where Gutendorf was from. But when I met him, he was not famous and instead of a Pop singer a drummer in a local metalcore band.  

I also saw the german late comedian Dirk Bach once in Cologne on the christmas marked, but did not talked to him. I also saw the german politician Sahra Wagenknecht in Bonn while she hold a speech shortly before the german elections. 

These are all the celebrities I met. 

1 hour ago, Sven Utacien said:

I didn't meet him, but it's funny nonetheless: I visited a live TV show once (as an adult) and after the show was over, we returned to the car, I was looking up to the windows and I saw the moderator topless. 

Which Moderator was it? 

(edited)

i think i remember that i met the president of my country in a airport in philippines at naia because i saw there was a motorcade behind my dads car (abt 1 km behind)

and when i was at the airport i saw him in going in to the inspection but i have no time to talk to him since me and my dad are waiting for my mom to arrive.

Edited by Mandalagan

• The title was changed to Have you ever met anyone famous?

I have met Quinn Flynn who is VA in anime and video games. I got to meet him and get his autograph at Con+Alt+Delete last December. He was sort of a dick lol

• 3 weeks later...

Well one of the cameraman who worked on filming most  of the Marvel movies, Kent Harvey! I literally geek out and he's a pretty nice guy.  I also met Josh Blue at the store I work- the guy who won 3rd place in america got talent. I heard him talking from behind and remembered that this man voice sounds familiar. I was shocked to see him right there and wanted to congs him on 3rd place and saying he's consider #1 for me because he was my favorite AGT 2021 act.   But..um..he doesn't seem very...well...welcoming.  He just nodded and say thanks but while just keep on walking.  I figured I shouldn't take it personal since he doesn't want any attentions giving by his status. But then again, he was telling most of the people at the store  that he' was from AGT- so I guess publicity wasn't an issues for him. 

I thought to myself "wow it would be kinda nice if he could stop by for a second or two to have a little chat after I told him he was my favorite act.."  it was kinda a bit rude I have to say. :yeahno:. I don't know what to think, that all these "famous people" started off at the bottom like you and myself here and once they get to the top, they seems to forgot what it used to feel to be at the bottom. That was my thought after seeing him. Again, nothing personal really for me or against Josh, but it's something I would think about when it comes to meeting "famous people". 

In terms of international celebrities, I have met the metal band Children of Bodom (RIP Alexi) after a concert in 2012 (? might've possibly been 2013). I have also seen Brian May (guitarist for Queen) walking into a bookstore IRL, but I didn't want to be creepy and follow him in. I guess that doesn't count as meeting someone.

One of my older cousins is frequently on BBC News (I'm being deliberately as vague as possible here), which is the largest TV/internet news platform in the UK, so I will say I have met her (there's your only clue!). Most people who regularly/semi-regularly watch BBC News in the UK will probably have seen her or heard her name, but abroad I doubt anyone would know her. But anyway, since we are cousins, that doesn't really count :D

• 2 months later...

Got to meet Bill Murray recently. His gate at the airport was right next to mine. He's such a chill guy to just casually chat with while waiting for a flight. Like, genuinely kind to random people in public who won't get in his face for photos or whatnot just because he's a famous actor. It was a very cool half hour or so before his flight started boarding.