• Not at all darling; it was DREADful!
    • Eh, not really.
    • The meh is strong with this one.
    • Why yes; I enjoyed it!
    • IT WAS SUPER-DUPER EXCELLENT!!!

TitleSpice Up Your Life

Air Date: June 11, 2016
Written by: Michael Vogel

Synopsis: Pinkie Pie and Rarity are called to Canterlot to solve a friendship problem. Once there, they discover a father and daughter whose relationship is strained as they struggle to keep their restaurant open. Pinkie Pie and Rarity both want to help, but have different ideas on what 'help' means.

Of course remember to join us at the CMC Clubhouse on Equestria.tv!

some_pinkie_rarity_friendshipping_by_ani

• Brohoof 10

I've actually been really looking forward to this episode.  It's rare we see the Mane 6 help out family members who aren't related to them, so a father/daughter conflict sounds quite interesting.  Plus we get to see the Rarity-Pinkie Pie pair again.  Should be good fun!  :rarity:  :pinkie:

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Finally! An proper episode starring Pinkie Pie and Rarity! After sharing the screen together as Fluttershy's support in "Putting Your Hoof Down", and Rarity acting as Pinkie's support in "The Gift of Maud Pie" with Maud Pie as the other Spotlight Pony. After this, all we need is a proper "Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy" episode for every combo of  2 out of 6 Mane Ponies to have at least one episode dedicated to them.

Edited by WiiGuy2014

(edited)

Here we go with the episode starring Pinkie Pie and Rarity in Canterlot, just like the third episode in this season with Maud Pie in Manehattan.

Edited by Allen

Ooooooooooo, very cool, Starlight did something with the entire group in a normal, slice of life episode.  Gotta love that continuity, and was wondering when she'd show up in a supporting role in an episode she wasn't starring in.  Also, yay, the map's fixed!  Though I wasn't even aware it was busted before they mentioned it, but still, yay!  :D

Oh my goodness, I was not expecting the father/daughter team to be Indian! :sunbutt:  That is awesome, good on DHX for branching out with the character types. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 2

It's about time to hear an Middle Eastern pony speak! I hope there's a shout-out to Aladdin here.

They're not really Middle Eastern, more like Indian.  I mean, they even mentioned serving curry, which is definitely an Indian dish.

• Brohoof 2

I like how Rarity kept her eyes on the arguing family, but one she noticed that the food IS tasty, she actually shifted her gaze to the food.

OK, that song was FANTASTIC!!!  Wonderful combination of old voices we're very familiar with with a very new style of music for this show, I loved it! :wub:

• Brohoof 3

I loved that song. Very catchy. Although... I'm siding with Pinkie here. I mean, Rarity didn't even seem to like the same-old food this critic said was good. Speaking of her, I can just tell she's going to be "fun". 

• Brohoof 2

And here I thought Rarity was going to attract customers - male customers - by wooing all of them like she did the delivery pony in "Canterlot Boutique". :grin:  :lol:

However I think this is more of a Pinkie episode than a Rarity episode. Rarity was mostly in the wrong, here.

• Brohoof 2

This episode continues to show that Pinkie Pie and Rarity have great chemistry together.

I also really enjoyed the upbeat and fun song that we got out of it.

Plus the way the show brought back the Cutie Map was also done in a way that I like.

• Brohoof 3

Dat was a good episode; very good if you ask me. :)

Interesting... I thought it would end with Zesty seeing the light and trying some of the dishes, thereby giving the restaurant some horseshoes. Instead, she left in a huff and seems to not be friends with Rarity anymore - yikes!  :blink:

• Brohoof 1