Your opinion on the episode.  

200 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• Not at all darling; it was DREADful!
    • Eh, not really.
    • The meh is strong with this one.
    • Why yes; I enjoyed it!
    • IT WAS SUPER-DUPER EXCELLENT!!!

Naw, I agree with you there. I wish we had more exploration too. We've been getting a lot of Canterlot and Manehattan. I like the episodes there but I don't want to be stuck in these locations forever either. One idea of the map is to take us to a tropical beach or the ocean. Maybe feature seaponies! Raise your hoof if you want some of that~  :wub:

I'd prefer deer but I agree on the map. It's enough that we don't see enough of it, but on top of that they really do need to take these characters out of their comfort zone more often.

• Brohoof 2

Which of the Dazzlings' voice actors did Saffron's voice for this episode?

Aria Blaze. Sonata did worked BEFORE RR as Gilda, and Adagio became a semi recurring VA in S5, reprising as Octavia, and voicing Moondancer

I couldn't really enjoy it. Rarity literally ruined the entire episode for me when she flippin' changed the restaurant. JUst because she can't be different from all of those prissy Canterlot horses doesn't mean that the very different restaurant can't be. What a priss. I hate Rarity now  :okiedokieloki:

• Brohoof 1

Aria Blaze. Sonata did worked BEFORE RR as Gilda, and Adagio became a semi recurring VA in S5, reprising as Octavia, and voicing Moondancer

Thanks for the heads-up about all the roles the Dazzlings' voice actors did after Rainbow Rocks. Appreciate it.

Rarity, you are an idiot

Way to suck the life and charm out of a nice Romani restaurant and turn it into another cookie cutter "gourmet" restaurant 

Anyone else notice that the restaurants Pinkie and Rarity went to were literally pallet swaps with square, circle and triangle wall decorations?

And then The Tasty Treat had diamond shaped decorations

• Brohoof 1

And then The Tasty Treat had diamond shaped decorations

I just noticed the diamonds.  :blink: Rarity is being a bit self-reflective there.  :confused:

JUst because she can't be different from all of those prissy Canterlot horses doesn't mean that the very different restaurant can't be. What a priss. I hate Rarity now

While I may not share your passion against her, I do have my criticism for what Rarity did. Putting financial success before anything else in this situation is appalling - especially given the fact that it was not necessary. They just needed a helping hoof to get off the ground and that didn't meaning changing who they were.  :fluttershy:

Man, this episode was awesome!

It was very deep and talked about being unique and separating yourselves from others. It also discussed relationships. 

That one cook pony...she's such a jerk and a snob. It's why I hate background Canterlot ponies...just too snobby and pompous...she doesn't even deserve to be top cook of Canterlot with her attitude. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
I like episodes with Rarity (alone) so far in Season 5+6 but boy, that's a lot of Rarity episodes. Gift of Maud Pie - Rarity and Pinkie Pie, then we get Rarity and the Mane 6 (the Saddle Row Review was a nicest one with her), then Rarity and AJ, now Rarity and Pinkie Pie (2) in half of a season?  :blink:

As for the episode, it looked like a tribute to Indian bronies, are there many/any? It was very Indian themed but for the diversity of Equestria, the introduction of these two ponies and their restaurant is a brilliant idea, the father, typical with that accent l;ol. I can say from personal exp, I find some of the Indian food delicious and spicy!

What I mostly loved: Seeing a continuity of Cutie-Remark as the broken Cutie Map was now repaired with the joint magic of Twilight and Starlight Glimmer and seeing the latter, that was a nice start of the episode!

At the part where they decided to transform the restaurant like the rest, my prediction was that Zesty (what a spooky Ghost pony, scarier than the Severus-like teacher of Starlight) would not like it at first, they would return the place's Indian look and she would like it and put the 3 horseshoes but it seems it is against the typical etiquette of Canterlot to be approved. Though I wonder whom the background ponies portrayed - the rural people who love such food?And why should an episode be 'not so good' if somepony in it is bad? At least Zesty's presentation did not beg for sympathy, unlike Zephyr's. 

I would say 4/5 it was not bad, it was fine, better than HWE seeing it is written by the same writer - he is new but a good writer should be making an awesome episode and trying to squeeze the awesomeness in 22 mins and not get away with a song, just to gain time if the substantial is <  22 minutes, yes?

Edited by ImpctR
  • Brohoof 1

Well, this was a surprisingly enjoyably episode!  ^_^

I loved the dynamic between Rarity and Pinkie, and the song was pretty catchy as well.

A breath of fresh air after last week's episode for sure.

Too bad there's no pony for a bit now,though.  :(

• Brohoof 1

This episode.. eh.

I liked the song and all and the lesson was also alright, but the episode was generally really forgettable, with Rarity's characterization simply being all over the place here.

It's an episode I'll probably have to rewatch to actual find enjoyment in, but from what I've seen, probably one of the weaker episodes for Rarity and the season in general, and not a really high note to go off of for the hiatus.

• Brohoof 1

Seeing the dynamic duo of Rarity and Pinkie Pie at work felt so good, those two working together in bringing an restaurant from the ground up for seeking three hooves approval makes sense, any restaurant owner wants to be recognized for their own creative style.

The first scenes after they receive their friendship mission did drag on for a bit. Saffron and her father cooking together like they used to really touched my heart. Had a good song and characterization, only downside for me is visiting the same restaurants during the beginning of the episode.

4/5

1176036__safe_pinkie+pie_rarity_screenca

• Brohoof 3

The problem with culinary criticism is that food is tied more to external chemistry and biology as also internal biology and chemistry, unlike a film or book. Then you mix in sociopsychology and conditioning that influences other tastes in art ...

Yet you can still rely on examples. Smell and taste here do not serve as your subjective tools like they do for the customers. You need to recognize the ingredients. You need to evaluate the ingenuity of their use and placement. Of course, you can express your distaste for, say, mashed potatoes, but you can still evaluate how good the dish having mash potatoes is. Yes, cuisine is art, and art can be quite subjective. Still, there are some basics that need to be addressed before one can dream about the stars. Trying your best will get you nowhere if you do not get proper education offered by experienced chefs, or are you implying that a local family restaurant can be on the same level of the top spoons form Le Cordon Bleu if only they possess enough spunk?

Meh, perhaps I went a bit too ballistic. Nothing like going full Leeroy Jenkins with criticism in an episode thread with an anti-criticism theme. Keeps my heart pumping. In truth, I’m just getting a bit bored of these safe episodes that look like they were made en masse on a conveyor belt. Just check off the lesson and make it presentable, the rest are just sacrifices fed to the great moral in the pit surrounded by dancing Bronies. Are these morals really all that is important to you in this show? Should the path towards them not be interesting and enjoyable? Mhm, perhaps we disagree on this piece of art. If so, then show me how this episode shines in relation to all similar episodes and movies before it. Show me that it can stand on its own without invoking the power of its lesson.

• Brohoof 1

Shame

post-35804-0-12829800-1465689688_thumb.jpg

about the hiatus but what can we do.

Anyway my review on Spice up your Life, which I freaking loved! 

• Brohoof 1

I've got 2 very different opinions about this episode.

First off, I was able to enjoy it quite a bit. We saw a couple new ponies that were fun to watch, it was a food centered episode, which was unique, and it had a catchy song in it. It was quite enjoyable to watch.

That said though, I think it was quite poorly executed. The whole episode seemed based around Rarity being painfully wrong and Pinkie and the other 2 having to fix what she broke, then in the end all she was useful for was being a famous face. "I came because Rarity said it was good." I wasn't the biggest fan of how early seasons blatantly repeated the moral of the episode at the end, but I feel like this one kinda needed that as a saving grace. As it is I'm not sure whether they're trying to say "argue with your friends because sometimes they're just wrong" or "being the same as everyone else is wrong". I hold My Little Pony to much higher standards than they showed this episode.

So as an enjoyable rating I'd give this episode a 7/10.

For quality I'd give it a bad/10.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I actually enjoyed this episode! 

I'm bad at reviewing things, so I'mma just gonna rate it now.

I give it a.... 9/10!

Which is pretty good!

I think one of my new favorite quotes is, "Twilight and Twilight in Twilight's castle!"

Can't wait to see next weeks! Wait.. There's a HIATUS!!?? DUDE,  uh uh, not cool!

It is funny since Kazumi Evans is also Rarity's singing VA ... you had Adagio singing to Aria ... I love when this show does that.

I think one of my new favorite quotes is, "Twilight and Twilight in Twilight's castle!"

That quote ... I love that quote. I bet anything the Changeling episode involves Twilight being impersonated somehow ... and maybe warned about a pending invasion by herself. Or a time travel story.

Twilight and Twilight in Twilights Castle. This was not a throw away line

• Brohoof 1

It is funny since Kazumi Evans is also Rarity's singing VA ... you had Adagio singing to Aria ... I love when this show does that.

That quote ... I love that quote. I bet anything the Changeling episode involves Twilight being impersonated somehow ... and maybe warned about a pending invasion by herself. Or a time travel story.

Twilight and Twilight in Twilights Castle. This was not a throw away line

You might be on to something there. Also, I noticed the Las Pegasus mention, as that seems to be one of the upcoming episodes thanks to the leaked titles. Wonder if those brief glimpses were the map giving away several forthcoming episodes by accident?

• Brohoof 1

AND Luna too ;). Thing is, Kazumi Evans only made sang before RR, never dialogues

• Brohoof 3

Why can't I hold all of these Twilights?!  :lol:

Seriously though. Does this indicate just a glitch or a Twi clone episode in the future. I'm up for the latter.  ^_^

• Brohoof 3

The map is literally a cell phone. Turn it back on, and get overwhelmed by all of the missed calls.

"Coriander Cumin." I bet he smells great.

All in all, this was a pretty good episode. Not the best, but I find no really great flaws. I like how the girls still kinda fumble their way through the friendship problems. The fact that the map only calls in ponies whose specific skills and knowledge are needed forces them to think outside the box not only about themselves, but about each other. The map has been a great mechanism for continuing to teach the Mane 6 despite all that they've learned.

Why can't I hold all of these Twilights?! :lol:

Seriously though. Does this indicate just a glitch or a Twi clone episode in the future. I'm up for the latter. ^_^

I think we are looking at the eventual 'Times are a Changeling' episode. Either that or more time travel shenanigans.