200 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• Not at all darling; it was DREADful!
    • Eh, not really.
    • The meh is strong with this one.
    • Why yes; I enjoyed it!
    • IT WAS SUPER-DUPER EXCELLENT!!!

Rarity was mostly in the wrong, here.

Rarity has been in the wrong in a few episodes recently, applejack's day off, and now spice up your life :/

I have to agree with the people who were saying that Rarity wasn't out of character. Keep in mind that she's a fashion expert, not a food expert, so it's understandable to see how she was portrayed here.

I also want to say I love the interactivity between Pinkie and Rarity. They really work well off one another.

The song was pretty good. My only major complaint about this episode was that the resolution was too quick. I know it's a 22-minute episode and all, but I personally wished they built up to it a little more.

I still don't think its understandable. One of the lyrics in the song she sang was literally "Here's what I know, if you want to succeed, you have to follow the trends thats the key" 

Literally the exact opposite of the lesson she learned from Canterlot Boutique.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I still don't think its understandable. One of the lyrics in the song she sang was literally "Here's what I know, if you want to succeed, you have to follow the trends thats the key" 

Literally the exact opposite of the lesson she learned from Canterlot Boutique.

That specific line pushed my leniency regarding lack of continuity over the limit.

But hey, the writers were never exceptionally thoughtful about how to make something difficult work elegantly. That would be top notch. Not many shows have that quality of writing.

Edited by Dowlphin

I wanted to see the Gordon Ramsey pony rant at Zesty. "It's bucking RAW"

A cameo is better than nothing, plus there was cameos by other famous chefs as well, such as Mr. Food, among others.

I thought it was a good episode in regards to the topics of conformity and free-choice. Also, Saffron had a really cool design.

Yeah, I really liked the episode myself and enjoyed Saffron as well.

• Brohoof 1

I am actually glad they did not make Whats-her-face the critic not try the food and like it. It would have been really predictable if they did, and her not trying the food was a nice twist. Also, her liking the food would have gone against the "it is okay for you to have a strange opinion as long as you don't force it on other people/ ponies" lesson.

(edited)

As someone who will never get enough food, this is one of the season's best episodes. It also had a pretty good lesson, the opinions of others (usually) don't matter. There totally should have been a ''Dear Princess Celestia'' at the end, I'm pretty sure Twi sent those letters even after becoming a princess.

Edited by gamecubeguy214

I really liked this episode. The combination of Rarity and Pinkie Pie was an interesting thing to watch. Saffron is probably my new favorite pony when it comes to looks alone. The song was very ethnic which was awesome. Overall I really enjoyed this episode and I'm not looking forward to the hiatus. 

I really liked this episode. The combination of Rarity and Pinkie Pie was an interesting thing to watch. Saffron is probably my new favorite pony when it comes to looks alone. The song was very ethnic which was awesome. Overall I really enjoyed this episode and I'm not looking forward to the hiatus. 

I'm not looking forward to the wait either. But we bunnies need to stick together! E:3

Maybe we'll even get Saffron cameos in the future.  :yay:

The lesson here kids. Never try to be something you're not. It will go wrong really fast.

Anyway onto the episode. I actually really enjoyed this one. The story I thought was really well written. To me Pinkie Pie and Rarity make a really good team, and should be paired up more often. The singing was really amazing, as Rarity and Pinkie made there contribution to the Tasty Treat restaurant. That songs was amazing in my book for season 6.

I really didn't care for the food reviewer. She was way too stuck up for my taste, and didn't even want to give the place a try was just ridiculous to say the least.

Overall a good episode, and one I will be re watching.

I did not like this episode. Rarity once again mucks everything up with her lack of common sense. It's obvious to anyone with half a brain that the environment was perfect and even she herself liked the food. This was just stupid. The song was fun at least, I guess.

Glad they turned it around...Made some sense that Rarity can turn it around due to her understanding canter lot people better...as Pinkie would have been able to do so herself anywhere less high class. Interest gimmick on three hooves being like 5 star resteraunt and thier fancy stuff that I'd never eat lol. Still...Overall I didn't like the episode. It annoyed me that Rarity lacked even basic common sense on the matter.

• Brohoof 1

It's been a while since I last posted my thoughts on an episode, but for whatever reason I decided to stop being lazy today. lol.

I thought this was a cute episode. A little slow at the beginning, but it got better as time went on. The thing with Pinkie and Rarity remodeling and promoting the restaurant really gave me a Restaurant Impossible vibe. Anyone else? No? ... I watch too much Food network.

I'm not really sure what I was expecting with this episode. I guess I thought that because it's the last episode before the hiatus, that it would be super funny or exciting or dramatic. But it turned out to be just a normal episode and I'm good with that.

Not to mention the amazing song.

I don't see the problem with Rarity portrayal in this episode.

Of course she is an artist and know the concept of creativity and applies this concept in her work... But she's also a businessmare (?) and she was shown to follow trends in order to create dress (for example in Secret of my excess Rarity decided to make capes because of that she was thinking would have been trendy the next season) this is this side of her that was shown in the first part of this episode.

Her idea was not bad in fact, it was pretty much natural for her to think this way.

She knows that the food world of Canterlot is rule by Zest and that everypony listen to her advices... in fact we saw that ponies don't want to go the the restaurant because the critic didn't approve this restaurant. So it was natural for her to think that the best course of action was to make the restaurant be approved by Zest thus attracting clients. She was the only Mane 6 who could have been thinking like that, because she know that to success in what you do you must to be original but also to be appealing... and in this story it meant to be appealing to Zest...

I don’t have too much to respond to from your comment, but I think it’s an incredibly valuable one that addresses the whole out-of-character point many notoriously bring up from episode to episode.

I say notorious, because almost every time some character acts differently than previously seen, there’s a whole outcry of people who are quick to say something similar to “Xpony was SO out of character, it kills me.” In real life, people also tend to act in unexpected ways from time to time, yet no one gossips about another person saying “You know Bob was really out of character today.” Real people are too complex to understand fully all the time, so we should also expect our fellow ponies to confuse us every once and a while, just like real people do.

When I watched the episode, I wanted to know what Rarity’s full plan was; she definitely enjoyed the Tasty Treat’s food, so she probably didn’t want to change the restaurant completely. However, her mad redecorating earned just the opposite impression. While the two might seem to contradict each other, I personally had a fun time coming up with potential reason for her actions. Perhaps the whole gettup was intended just to impress Zesty; there’s nothing preventing the owners from continuing to serve their original food alongside the fancy. I think it’s also important to point out that Rarity was with Coriander and not Saffron. Coriander was definitely more interested in keeping the place open than in keeping the aesthetic. Rarity easily could have interpreted this as the number one priority, making conformity the way to go.

Overall, I agree there’s definitely reasons for why Rarity’s actions make sense; it’s all a matter of thinking about the larger context that just assuming the situation is akin to Rarity and her fashion boutiques.

(I featured your post on my blog http://aboutthemponies.tumblr.com/post/146038055435/responses-from-everywhere-spice-up-your-lifehope you don't mind)

I enjoyed this episode, I liked seeing Canterlot explored again and loved Rarity and Pinkie in this episode. Also loved the family dynamic between Saffron and Coriander, their relationship was explored perfectly and seeing them come back together was heartwarming. Zesty was both snooty and rude and reminded me of Anton Ego from Ratatouille. Loved the song in this episode, it fit with the overall theme and was very catchy. 9/10 episode!!

post-5578-0-71847900-1466216557_thumb.gif

post-5578-0-68477000-1466216559_thumb.jpg

post-5578-0-46234900-1466216560_thumb.jpg

post-5578-0-45569500-1466216561_thumb.jpg

post-5578-0-51185200-1466216562_thumb.jpg

post-5578-0-43033600-1466216592_thumb.jpg

post-5578-0-32461600-1466216593_thumb.jpg

post-5578-0-57362000-1466216605_thumb.jpg

post-5578-0-44279500-1466216607_thumb.png

post-5578-0-28657300-1466216609_thumb.png

post-5578-0-33062400-1466216612_thumb.png

post-5578-0-07029100-1466216615_thumb.png

• Brohoof 4

A bowl of curry in the restaurant? The name saffron masala? The name coriander cumin? The name of the episode? Ok....... Something is telling me that it is an Indian or Arabic restaurant. Loved that idea of a restaraunt and cooking! Yum! That episode made me hungry

Well, I must say this episode was pretty decent. I can't say I was bored by it, but nor was I thrilled. Lots of neat character designs, (even if they were cameos) and the song was very different from anything we've gotten in the past. Not quite what I'd pick for a mid-season finale, but meh... Coulda been much worse.

(edited)

Not quite what I'd pick for a mid-season finale, but meh... Coulda been much worse.

Well, the timing WAS perfect for the hot season.

Edited by Dowlphin

Haven't seen this yet and won't read into much but... Do it play out like Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares and discovers things like tons of rotten food I their industrial refrigerators?