Your opinion on the episode.  

200 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• Not at all darling; it was DREADful!
    • Eh, not really.
    • The meh is strong with this one.
    • Why yes; I enjoyed it!
    • IT WAS SUPER-DUPER EXCELLENT!!!

I don't see the problem with Rarity portrayal in this episode.

Of course she is an artist and know the concept of creativity and applies this concept in her work... But she's also a businessmare (?) and she was shown to follow trends in order to create dress (for example in Secret of my excess Rarity decided to make capes because of that she was thinking would have been trendy the next season) this is this side of her that was shown in the first part of this episode.

Her idea was not bad in fact, it was pretty much natural for her to think this way.

She knows that the food world of Canterlot is rule by Zest and that everypony listen to her advices... in fact we saw that ponies don't want to go the the restaurant because the critic didn't approve this restaurant. So it was natural for her to think that the best course of action was to make the restaurant be approved by Zest thus attracting clients. She was the only Mane 6 who could have been thinking like that, because she know that to success in what you do you must to be original but also to be appealing... and in this story it meant to be appealing to Zest...

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Saddle Arabian delegates would work as well!

Oh yes! We need some Saddle Arabians on the scene. Only saw them briefly once.  :grin:

Otherwise you get this 

You're acting like that is a bad dress. I think it's super duper. 

medium.gif

View on Derpibooru (Original source unknown at time of posting)

It's this sort of blind following that allows certain people given the title of "critic" to abuse their positions, to do exactly what characters like Zesty portray: To write an entire movie review based on a single character, scene, or trailer. To insult and talk down to others who don't share their views. To tangentially use this medium as a personal and/or political platform, as has been done increasingly over recent years, riding the coattails of someone else's work to dupe others into being propagandized. This is also why people unfairly apply this label to honest critics who love their jobs and do the absolute best they can.
Hmm...I'd say...nailed it! I'm on the side of not totally blaming one or the other but both for leading to a situation. So while it is the fault of a snobby critic who is trying to control other people, it's also the fault of the audience or users for not questioning what they are told.  In this case, Zesty was doing something wrong but she not have been able to do it if the ponies did not blindly follow her word without trying other things for themselves. So yeah. I agree.  :dash:
Edited by BlackWater627
  • Brohoof 2

Well, I loved the father/daughter team.  So cute!  And the song was very fun.  Nice seeing Pinkie, too.  And she was right!  How could anyone believe that such a scrawny, pale, vampire-looking creature such as Zesty could possibly know anything about food?

I loved the decorating crew ponies too.

post-30984-0-89457300-1465669260_thumb.jpg

post-30984-0-26522000-1465669266_thumb.jpg

post-30984-0-06819400-1465669259_thumb.jpg

post-30984-0-94963600-1465669263_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 3

I'm confused. This episode was supposed to be about friendship, but it turned into "screw the critics!"?

I did like it though. Restaurants should be unique and not a copy of all the others.Following the opinion of one pony really doesn't make sense, seeing as how there are many different opinions that can be formed.

So it turns out we may get more map episodes..."Twilight aand Twilight" one definitely makes me curious.

Oh yes! We need some Saddle Arabians on the scene. Only saw them briefly once.  :grin:

Actually, the Saddle Arabian delegates do appear in Equestria Games as they are seated just below the Princesses in the VIP seating area, so they did not just appear once in Magic Duel.

• Brohoof 2

Actually, the Saddle Arabian delegates do appear in Equestria Games as they are seated just below the Princesses in the VIP seating area, so they did not just appear once in Magic Duel.

Oh yeah! I forgot about that.  :sunbutt:

I'm confused. This episode was supposed to be about friendship, but it turned into "screw the critics!"?

I did like it though. Restaurants should be unique and not a copy of all the others.Following the opinion of one pony really doesn't make sense, seeing as how there are many different opinions that can be formed.

So it turns out we may get more map episodes..."Twilight aand Twilight" one definitely makes me curious.

I don't think it was about critics being bad. I think it was about a how criticism can be used inappropriately or that some critics use their position for control. That does not mean that criticism or critics in general are bad.  :grin:

True that about different opinions. And I also want that Twi and Twi episode. Maybe we'll get it in EqG4!  ^_^

I loved the decorating crew ponies too.

They worked awful hard. Twice. Props to them and can't wait for the fanart too! :twi:  

• Brohoof 2

You're welcome and I'm glad I could help clear up that misunderstanding for you. :sunbutt::orly::love::twi:

ROFL I was so wrong!

medium.gif

I thought maybe she would have used her boutique to promote the restaurant, with maybe some samples, or bringing her employees lunch, and others smelling it and asking where the food came from. But watching her parade up and down the sidewalk wearing a sandwich board was amusing too.

Rarity turned her swag on.  :pout:

It might just be me, but I think the map has been nothing but wasted potential.

They could have had the Mane Six travel to locations we've never seen before, and learn more about other species, but so far, the only map episode to do that was Lost Treasure of Griffonstone. The locations they've gone to instead are ones we've seen before (Canterlot and Manehattan), or a new location, but with more ponies (Starlight's Village, and the Smokey Mountains).

• Brohoof 5

8.5/10 - Pretty good episode this week

Basically about being different over being the same as others and they present that quite well.

This episode kept my attention better then last week's episode but I have some questions/comments this time. First off, I had no idea the map thing was even broken. I thought the writers just stopped with the idea for some reason. Second, I think if I was visiting Canterlot restaurants as seen in the beginning of the show I'd hate it. Third, it was awesome seeing Indian ponies. Variety in characters is always welcome in my book. Fourth, I was with Team Pinkie in this episode. I favor being unique and not following the mainstream just because everyone else is doing something. When it comes to ratings, especially with video games, I like to try games out for myself to see if I like it despite what other reviews say about them. I've found joy in some games that have received bad ratings and I don't regret playing them. Fifth, I couldn't help but over-analyze at how costly it might have been to redecorate the restaurant and then redecorate it again, unless in Equestria it doesn't cost anything.

I give this episode a 4 out of 5.

They could have had the Mane Six travel to locations we've never seen before, and learn more about other species, but so far, the only map episode to do that was Lost Treasure of Griffonstone. The locations they've gone to instead are ones we've seen before (Canterlot and Manehattan), or a new location, but with more ponies (Starlight's Village, and the Smokey Mountains).

Naw, I agree with you there. I wish we had more exploration too. We've been getting a lot of Canterlot and Manehattan. I like the episodes there but I don't want to be stuck in these locations forever either. One idea of the map is to take us to a tropical beach or the ocean. Maybe feature seaponies! Raise your hoof if you want some of that~  :wub:

• Brohoof 4

And of course they slip Gordon bucking Ramsey in. I watch Kitchen Nightmares all the time so no surprise there.

Don't forget the Hell's Kitchen series. I watch that myself.

ROFL I was so wrong!

medium.gif

About what? The number of times we've seen the Saddle Arabian delegates so far?

Naw, I agree with you there. I wish we had more exploration too. We've been getting a lot of Canterlot and Manehattan. I like the episodes there but I don't want to be stuck in these locations forever either. One idea of the map is to take us to a tropical beach or the ocean. Maybe feature seaponies! Raise your hoof if you want some of that~ :wub:

They'll be in the MLP movie.

I definitely liked this one. So it looks like the map is back. As as its first order of business it sends Pinkie and Rarity on a mission to Canterlot. It's interesting that we've gotten two Pinkie/Rarity episodes this season. But anyways, I quite liked the dynamic between them in this episode. The father/daughter restaurant owners also had a great dynamic, and it was great to see them reconcile at the end. The song was great, and a bit of a different style too. I really liked the moral in this episode, and I think that it's very important, especially nowadays. The Internet is a wonderful thing, but as a result, people tend to be influenced by others' opinions a bit too easily. While obviously you should listen to and respect the opinions of others, it is important to form your own as well. Overall, great episode that definitely was a good way to leave us off before the hiatus. 9.5/10

• Brohoof 2

The episode was quite good but almost anything could seem good after the last episode. Pinkie Pie was good but most other characters were not that good. Also, some have changed a lot, basically becoming worse ponies. It is like they went up and now are going down.

Although, I liked what this episode meant. :)

(edited)

Season 5 was something i would call a "meh" season, the first episodes of season 6 had the same problem. Personally, i can say i like every episodes, but you know the feeling when you watch something you really enjoy and in the end you say: "wow that was really good". Now the past 3 episodes, included this one, made me feel this way. For a long time, these episodes were the first (except the season finales) what i can call really enjoyable episodes. They were interesting, had good plot and I like the new characters as well. So congrats to the writers, again I feel pleased after I have watched it. 

Oh and the song, man, was very well made.

Oh and the Gordon Ramsey pony xD first i thought he will be the one who was called by Rarity.

Edited by Kerberossz

Map may have just hinted at changelings today. I'd say it still has potential. ;)

"Nopony has the right to tell these ponies what to think...Just because you like your food a certain way, there is no reason to tell these ponies that they need to do the same"

Hmm, it's almost like the staff is trying to tell people not to fight so much just because another may person may like/dislike this season, or even more so just because some people are for Starlight's reformation and some against (I ak aware this episode was written wa before these became hot topics :P ). Everyone has different tastes, so while some reasons for someone's dislike may be justified for that person, another may like it for the same reasons.

Not saying that's a major issue here, but there are other websites where I constantly see people at each other's throats about this season and Starlight, and it escalates to way more than just simply discussing their points of view.

That being said, I love how malleable and excellent this moral is!

• Brohoof 1

Indian ponies, sweet! Would be great to find out more about their homeland! Back on topic, it was alright, but Rarity completely forgeting about all those "Being Yourself" aesops was quite jarring. (This hardly fazes me, though, given the show's all too willing to throw away significant character developments for the sake of the plot) Then again, this can be justified by the fact Rarity's not a chef, so it's natural that she has some trouble adjusting to the whole cuisine thing. Anyway, it's good to see the map's all fine and dandy and the ponies will now continue ther friendship missions, hopefully to more locations other than Canterlot. As well as much more needed interaction between Pinks and Rares, those are the two Mane Six who interact the least. Well, now it's time to endure the skreeonking summer break...

tumblr_nn82ueQTDE1s5xip5o1_500.gif

Thankfully the second season of SVTFOE will show up on July 11. Plus, September and October are around the corner anyway.