Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you feel comfortable wearing things that stand out in public?

ManaMinori

Things that vastly stand out from what others are wearing- do you feel comfortable wearing something that might draw more than the usual attention to you; be it mlp clothing, Gothic or punk rock attire, etc.

post-23572-0-75521800-1465581358_thumb.jpg

Me, I'm a weirdo who liked to wear black all the time (even when its hot). It's my favorite color, and its slimming. So while I did at first feel self conscious abut shifting my wardrobe to a more elegant Gothic Victorian style in public, it doesn't bother me so much anymore. I can hold my head high knowing that I may look weird to some people, but there's no question that I'm the more modestly dressed person around.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, yes I do. The majority of my clothes that "stand out" are graphic tees (gaming and geek culture stuff), but I don't get to wear them often. Most of my belongings are packed away.

Once we have a home and I can crack 'em out, I'll be right back to donning pony merch every day.

• Brohoof 2

Yes, yes I do. The majority of my clothes that "stand out" are graphic tees (gaming and geek culture stuff), but I don't get to wear them often. Most of my belongings are packed away.

Once we have a home and I can crack 'em out, I'll be right back to donning pony merch every day.

I wouldn't think graphic tees of any sort would stand out, since they're pretty basic

I often wear punk rock attire, so yes I do feel fine wearing things that stand out.  I also have a kilt that I wear every once in a while. Always fun to see people's reaction to that.

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't think graphic tees of any sort would stand out, since they're pretty basic

You're right, they don't. I'm just still accustomed to living in North Dakota, where they are considered very abnormal. 5 years living there broke me.

I usually fly under the radar, but I do occasionally like to wear something snazzy like Her Universe Star Wars fashions for ladies. Some of the designs are really vivid but I just love them! I also love to wear my Star Wars Derpy shirt, that one always catches attention.  :muffins:

• Brohoof 1

I dunno, I mean...most of my clothing is of darker shades. Most of my brighter attire makes me feel like I'm standing out for some reason, I guess that's why I don't wear it.

Not really, I do like to wear some bright coloured t-shirts but that's my limit. There's nothing wrong with standing out and wanting to be unique but I feel more comfortable blending into a crowd so I don't draw attention to myself.

I am weird, big shock. XD While I am not very social in public and not good with crowds of people, for some reason, when I wear stuff that I guess sticks out or seems very expressive, I do that with pride. It is like I am not being ashamed of being me for once, which most of the time I feel the opposite way. So I take those chances when I can, even if I don't get out very much.

I would wear some weird stuff if I didn't care what others think or was in a region where I felt more safe and un-judged, but no I'm not comfortable with it at all, despite being 6 foot 6 so uh yeah lol. I would be a walking billboard I don't like attention in public. But if I could I would prolly wear some colorful stuff, maybe different styles for different moods or purposes. But if that ever happens I need to remember not to go full crazy about it lol. I think my behavior would be influenced by what I wear as a means by extension of released inhibitions. But maybe that's just my imagination.

Well, I don't like standing out but I don't like to look boring either.

Today for example, I wore my baby pink jacket with my slightly stronger pink shoe lashes to my black shoes. Blue jeans and a black hat-ish. I don't stick out TOO much but just enough to be a bit colorful and creative with my looks.

Most of the time I don't care what others think of me so, to answer your question, yes I feel very comfortable wearing what ever I want in public. Be it one of my favorite pokemon t-shirts, or an MLP one that I have yet to buy... I really should get one soon.

Well I never do cause I always just wear sweatpants and a t-shirt haha but I wouldn't mind doing that at all. I mean I'm a male who wants to cosplay Shimakaze (female character with barely any clothes on) at an upcoming anime convention, so if I can do that I certainly wouldn't mind wearing something less "normal" in public. Then again, it's a bit different wearing weird in public where you stand out compared to at a con where everyone wears weird... But I still wouldn't care.