Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When will BronyCon end?

Grepper

How many years after the show ending do you think Bronycon will still operate for?

Eventually interest in MLP G4 will decline so much that a con this large won't be able to run anymore without downsizing significantly.

Ehh... I don't know. I think it could go on for quite some time. I think that the smaller cons will fizzle out, but the dedicated fans will keep returning for Bronycon. If the fanbase is there, there will always be conventions, and MLP has a pretty big fandom.

• Brohoof 1

I concur, I think it will stay around as the one big con that caters to this fandom, but within five years some of the other ones will be wrapping up. Maybe BronyCon, BABSCon, some of the international ones, et al will stay, and I anticipate some of the others will get absorbed into regional fantasy/cartoon cons. Waitnsee

I expect minimum of two years after the show stops, and maximum of 10. Even 10 is stretching it a bit.

I cant imagine it going on for too long. A few years at the most. I know I probably wont like MLP in 10 years. (maybe just a bit) But I think most of the casual fans will move on like me.

I really hope it stays for at least a few more years after the show ends. One of my dreams is to go to BronyCon, but I doubt it'll ever happen. Still, I have a small hope that I could go someday, and that hope will die if the con ends. I guess it depends on the fans. Chances are there will still be die-hard fans long after the show ends (I think I'll be one of them, too), and even if the fanbase shrinks significantly there still may be enough left for a convention or two.

• Brohoof 1

As long as there's bronies, there will be brony conventions. I doubt Bronycon will end along with the show. Until the fans keep going strong, I don't think Bronycon will finish off.

And I think I heard somewhere they plan to go on until 2020 or something, although I don't know how legit this is.

I really hope it stays for at least a few more years after the show ends. One of my dreams is to go to BronyCon, but I doubt it'll ever happen. Still, I have a small hope that I could go someday, and that hope will die if the con ends. I guess it depends on the fans. Chances are there will still be die-hard fans long after the show ends (I think I'll be one of them, too), and even if the fanbase shrinks significantly there still may be enough left for a convention or two.

I agree with you here. And same, I've always wanted to go to Bronycon, and I was planning to go this year until my mom decided to schedule a vacation to Connecticut on the 10th, and I have to go to graduation parties on the 9th. Lame.

I think (and hope) that Bronycon will last at least another three or four years?

Two factors that the con would depend on - financial health and relevancy.

When FiM ends, there will be another version of the show eventually. Even if it takes a few years the PonyCons should be able to support themselves for a while (you don't need 10K attendance). This is what some people don't seem to understand. Some consider the end of FiM = end of the fandom. While there will be some of the fans that move on, or become too casual to consider a PonyCon worth an investment, the fandom will not die when FiM ends. Some of the G4 fans may end up liking what they see with G(x). New fans may also jump on.

Here is another factor that gets flat out ignored since some (not all) have Doug syndrome. Depending on the timing ... younger fans of FiM who age up may look back on the show with nostalgia and may join the festivities based around said nostalgia. Need an example that this is a thing? BotCon.

• Brohoof 3

To be honest, Bronycon will not be ending anytime soon. If anything, the smaller cons around the country would be the 1st to go before Bronycon does. There are at least 20-30 MLP conventions every year. We would have to reach a point where all of the other cons die out and congregate to just the big one. Who knows how long that will take? 5 years, 10 years, 20 years even!

All I know is to enjoy what we have now and not worry so much about the distant future. Enjoy the present moment  :love:

• 6 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I heard a lot about BronyCon from many people and I wished I could have gone, but that is not possible. Maybe with G5's rising popularity, it will come back around in the future?

• The title was changed to When will BronyCon end?